Lolas loss!

Lolagirl80

Hi all!

so today is my first day of slimming world again!!! I have literally tried every diet over the past 7 years and now enough is enough! i am the biggest ive ever been - even bigger than when i had my little girl 5 years ago!!

in 2007 i weighed 12st 4lb and thought i was huge (if only i could see that again!)
in 2008 i weighed 11st - felt amazing but a bit too small for me to maintain but i did this through slimming world
in 2009 i weighed 13st 5lb
in 2010 i weighed 11st 7lb - did this through slimming world
in 2011 i weighed 14st 9lb
in 2012 i weighed 12st 10lb- did this through Cambridge/slim and save
in 2013 i weighed 15st 9lb
and 2014/15 i weight 17st 3lb

my problem is bread, wine and crisps and portion sizes, i can easily eat a massive dinner and then have a couple of bags of crisps after?!

i cant believe i just keep getting bigger and bigger!! so i need to put a stop to this now, i really want another baby and i really want to give my little girl a healthy role model to look up too!

i think aiming for 13st at first is realistic and then we'll take it from there!

I'm hoping if i post on here i feel the motivation to stick with it and as im not going to group i think my syn knowledge maybe slightly out of date! also i wil be doing old style green and red days, i know the plans changed but im hoping that's the old way will still work!

so here we goooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

so having an amazing start!!! rushed out the door and no breakfast so having some lunch in a minute!

Monday - Green

Breakfast - 2 x teas with milk from HEA1 and 2 x sugars in each tea (4 syns)

Lunch - Batchelors golden rice whole packet (hoping this is still free) with pickled onions, beetroot, gherkins, 3 x babybel light HEA2

Dinner - chilli - made with quorn mince, chopped toms, kidney beans, sweetcorn, peppers, chilli powder and chilli flakes, plain boiled rice

HEA1 - 250ml semi skimmed milk
HEA2 - 3 x babybel light
HEB1 - ?
HEB2 - ?

I might have some wholemeal bread or more babybel to fill the HEB's. and might have a options hot choc later

Syns - 6 (4 for sugar and 2 for hot choc)

Well done on taking the first step! I've done similar to you in that I've lost weight and regained it (and then a little more) fairly regularly over the years. I'm in my second week of trying to sort myself out (trying from my old books but considering going to class) and am finding this forum great for inspiration, recipie ideas and support. Good luck and I look forward to reading your updates. x

Going ok so far but wishing my syns will go a bit further..5.5 for a kit kat that lasted all of about 20 secs (despite trying to make it last longer by nibbling the chocolate off the edges first!). I suffer from impatience too and kind of wishing I'd already shifted a stone like those in biggest loser! I bought a thing from Lakeland last year where you slice potatoes really thin on a mandolin and spritz with dash of fry light and touch of seasoning before microwaving to turn into crisps. Takes a fair amount of patience but ends up syn free x

I honestly must have been eating a minimum of 50 syns a day these last few weeks and wasn't even thinking! The crisps sound great will try that!

So just making my dinner am absolutely starving and so weird as today I feel I look the biggest I have ever looked- ever! Do you think my mind is playing tricks with me cause I've finally decided to stick to something?!

Last edited:
I think when you decided to stick with it you become more conscious of everything and likely more critical...hence evil mirror! The crisps are good but you need the tray thing the kit come with to make them work! Will see if I can find a name rather than keep saying thing! Stick at it! X

sooo yesterday went well and I stuck to my menu plan! but I did feel hungry - not real hungry though if that makes sense I just think my body is so used to constantly eating! hot choc was a great end to the day though felt very indulgent!!

so Tuesday I sense is going to throw me a few problems as I have got to work and have absolutely nothing with me and already started the day on syns so lets see how this on plays out!

Tuesday - could be red, green, or extra easy?!

Breakfast - 2 slices of wholemeal bread for a 400g loaf (HEB1) olive spread (4 syns) marmite, cup of tea with milk from HEA1 and 2 sugars (2 syns)

So 6 syns so far and a HEB and HEA!! going to pop to the shop at lunch and see if I can find anything for lunch although I might have to get some fruit to at least get something half decent in me before dinner!!

have got some stirfry for dinner and depending on what happens as lunch will either have this with salmon or omelette!

ok so Tuesday has become a red day!!

Tuesday - red

Breakfast - 2 slices of wholemeal bread for a 400g loaf (HEB1) olive spread (4 syns) marmite, cup of tea with milk from HEA1 and 2 sugars (2 syns)

Snack - tea with milk from HEA1 and 2 sugars (2 syns)

Lunch - King prawns, lettuce, carrot, red pepper, table spoon of egg mayo (3 syns) sprinkling of all purpose seasoning (1 syn)

managed to find something in the local shop - really wanted coleslaw but decided egg mayo slightly better syns - but to honest could have done without it!!

hitting 12 syns already today oops!! really want my hot choc later though!!! going to go for chicken and stir fry for dinner methinks! or salmon and stirfry! defo going to have some fruit and prob some ham when I get in though I need to have some more free food today!

Ha ha so much for the fruit came in and had an egg and bacon sandwich with HEB2 of wholemeal bread, glass of milk HEA2 and spread 3 syns. So no syns left for hot choc tonight - rubbish and not eaten hardly any fruit and veg, looks like fruit for dinner ha ha!

Omg can't stop eating! Had banana and muller light - are they still free they look huge pots now! And then 2 salmon steaks with stir fry veg, soy sauce and chilli flakes so think all free there but wowsers how much food can I eat in a day!!!

Hey, i started at the of October weighing 17 stone 4 and have 13 stone as my first target to reach, so similar to you. I would like to try for another baby once hitting 13 stone ive worked out my bmi would be 30 then, so wouldnt be considered at risk of anything while pregnant.

The first few weeks were so hard to stay motivated because i was so used to constantly eating haha! I lost 1 stone in the run up to xmas but put 4.5lb on over xmas!

Muller lights are still free and the greek style ones are only 0.5 syn.

Evenings are the worst for me as i want to nibble, there are a few low syn/free snacks which are a life saver for me...

Frozen muller light with some quark and sweetener...just like icecream but syn free.
Cinnamon roasted chickpeas are free
Frozen grapes and strawberries dipped in yoghurt
i save up my a and b to have a couple of the fruit crunch ryvita with dairylea.

Iceland are bringing out slimmjng world ready meals this month, not sure what the quality will be like, but they might be helpful for busy days.
Good luck.

arrhh thanks for replying sophie! we have definetly got a similar journey and thanks for the snack ideas I am a nightmare as soon as I sit down to watch tv my mind starts thinking about what I can snack on!!
cant wait to lose my first stone! well done you!

ok so this is how Tuesday turned out....
Tuesday - red

Breakfast - 2 slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf(HEB1) olive spread (4 syns) marmite, cup of tea with milk from HEA1 and 2sugars (2 syns)

Snack - tea with milk from HEA1 and 2 sugars (2 syns)

Lunch - King prawns, lettuce, carrot, red pepper, table spoon of egg mayo (3syns) sprinkling of all purpose seasoning (1 syn)

Snack - egg and bacon (“fried” in frylight) sandwich with spread (3 syns) and 2slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf (HEB2) glass of milk (HEA2)

Snack – Banana and Mandarin muller light
Dinner – 2 salmon steaks with stir fry vegwhich had cabbage, beansprouts, red onion, butternut squash, greens in, withsoy sauce and chilli flakes

HEA1 – 250ml semi skimmed milk
HEA2 – 250ml semi skimmed milk
HEB1 - 2 slices of wholemeal bread from a400g loaf
HEB2 - 2 slices of wholemeal bread from a400g loaf
(not very creative with my he’s today!)
Syns - 15

so much more organised today!

Wednesday - Green

Breakfast - Breakfast - 2 slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf(HEB1) olive spread (4 syns) marmite, cup of tea with milk (milk from HEA1) and 2sugars (2 syns)

Snack - coffee with milk (milk from HEA1) and 2 sugars (2 syns)

Lunch - rocket, watercress, lettuce, tomatoes, sweetcorn and batchelors pasta n sauce cheese, ham and leek flavour (1 syn) with a sprinkling of all purpose seasoning (1 syn)

Dinner - 2 x jacket potatoes with baked beans and 60g of grated cheese (HEA2 and HEB2)

Snack - banana and apple and muller light

HEA2 - 30g of grated cheese
HEB1 - 2 slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf
HEB2 - 30g of grated cheese

Syns - 10

Last edited:
just had a total 0% fat free greek style yogurt with blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and grapes - seriously is this all free I feel stuffed and the yog tasted yummy!

been searching around and as far as I can tell the 0% yogurt was free I will defo be stocking up on those!

so to Thursday.....
Red

Breakfast : mandarin muller light, banana

Snack : Apple

Snack: tea with semi skimmed milk from HEA1 and 2 sugars (2 syns)

Lunch: ham, 3 x babybel light (HEA2), gherkins, pickled onions, beetroot, salad leaves, tomatoes

Snack: tea with semi skimmed milk from HEA1 and 2 sugars (2 syns)

Snack: kinder egg (6 syns)

Dinner : roast chicken (this will be from a whole chicken so I MUST remove the skin!) stir fried veg - just one of those bags - think their free as all seem to be basic free veg with soy sauce and chilli flakes

Snack: hot choc 2 syns

HEA2 - 3 babybel light
HEB1- ?
HEB2 - ?

Syns - 12

Last edited:
so its my big night out for an indian meal and drinks so today might be a bit of a write off but straight back on it tomorrow.

am having a muller light and banana now and then planning on having a tuna salad for lunch and then the plan is chicken jalfrezi, boiled rice (or poss mushroom rice) and maybe a poppadum and chutneys. if we go for starters will have a chicken tikka pieces and salad and then ditch the poppadum! and going to swap the wine for vodka and soda - wish me luck!!!

so Friday ended up being more than expected but I had a great great time!!!
I ate........

2 poppadums and chutney
chicken jalfrezi
1/2 mushroom rice
1/4 peshwari naan
6 small glasses of red wine!

rest of the weekend was crazy busy but I stuck to plan and first weigh in this morning and I lost 3lb! whoop happy with that!!!

Back