Lollster's Diary

Lollster

Hi everyone :)

I want to keep track of my weight loss and my journey doing it

Day one (28/5/13)

Technically I am not yet on the LT diet as the pharmacist wasn't at the chemist near me on Tues and I also had to fill out the medical form and watch the dvd. But having spoken to my friend who has been on LT for 14 weeks, reading the LT website and members posts on here, I felt confident in starting the diet on tuesday but using Asda's Meal replacement formula until I got my hands on the LT diet.
Started Tues with 1 black coffee and 1 and a half pints of water and an Asda shake at 8am, went to the chemist at 9am (can you tell I was keen lol) but after being told I couldnt get the diet until weds carried on with the Asda shakes. Lots of water (and peeing like a racehorse) throughout the day, my second shake at 1pm (more water and lots more peeing). Went over to my friends who plied me with black coffee and fruit teas - feeling very hungry. Back home a slight calculated blip (had homemade soup that needed using up (hate waste) so had a small bowl of that for tea and the last shake about 7pm.
Watched the dvd and realised ANY food is a no go - (no more left over soups or fruit teas lol).
The problem I am finding the worst is absent mindily going to pick at food - not that I am craving it or am hungry but just as habit - WILL KEEP STRONG
:D
More water & lots more Racehorse imitations lol.
Feeling very motivated and cannot wait to get the LT sachets tomorrow.
:)

Day 2

Pint and a half of water and shake for breakfast at 8am. Back to chemist at 9am (still keen). Slightly heavier than I thought I was but even more motivation to lose the weight. I found it quite easy today and just filled myself up on water and gave myself treats of black coffee and my lunch and tea LP shakes (much more palatable than the asda ones). Still peeing like a racehorse - this is the only real negative thing at the moment but I see it as all good. I made the mistake of having my last shake quite early and was craving another one later on (they seem to satisfy me). I didnt relenty and carried on filling myself with water. I have measured my sports bottle and it holds 1 and 1/4 pints, so I make sure I have at least 4 of these throughout the day plus my other "treat drinks" of coffee, tea and shakes.
Tried the chocolate shake (yum yum) for breakfast and 2 pints on water. I'm definitely feeling satisfied for a good few hours after I've had the shake so try to spread them out throughout the day. I had another strawberry shake for lunch and a chocolate one with hot water (hot chocolate - yum yum) for tea. I had read and heard day 3 is normally a "bad day" but come 4pm I was thinking it was my easiest day so far and hadnt felt hungry all day
Unfortunately I had to go to the shops to get a friends birthday present which was very testing as I could smell the bakery in there and then I picked my children up from my mums (half term childcare) and she had just cooked Bacon sarnies for them to have in the car!!!
:(:eek::(.... It was very hard and all the windows were open but I did it and once home and full of more water my serious cravings subsided. I just kept reminding myself to keep strong and think of the outcome.
Racehorse imitations are slightly reduced

Hopefully tomorrow will bring another good day
:)

The racehorse element settles down, you'll be glad to know :) Fingers crossed that ketosis is already upon you, it makes handling the cravings much easier x x x

I woke up without the obvious hangover and felt good. I went back to having a morning shake and got through the day easily enough (even going into asda to do a tiny bit of shopping). But yet again come about 3/4pm my cravings started and didnt get any better when my OH cooked tea the him and the children (even though I was ushered out of the kitchen) - I could smell the food and really did struggle. (Saying that I could still see the bigger picture and although struggling still had my goal in sight). But because I was struggling and a tiny bit tempted I decided to weigh myself as I was confident that the noticable changes in my body was an indication of a good weight loss. I was correct and although I wont post the loss and it wasnt the real weigh in, it was enough to give me the encouragement and reasoning to carry on :)
Im back to work tomorrow so am looking forward to it being a little easier than this weekend :)

Day 7

Back to work, had a shake in the morning and plenty of water throughout the day. The day is easy and food doesnt cross my mind. Come about 3pm is when my cravings start. My mum has given me some money to get some new tops so I go shopping to take my mind off the cravings. I get a couple of new tops in a smaller size than normal to give me a goal, only to find when I get home they fit perfectly already :) OH also comments that my weight loss is showing :-D
I have my final shake about 7 and my cravings subside, even manage to watch an episode of Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares.

DAY 8

Again daytimes are cool and easy to get through though feeling slightly unmotivated so decide to get weighed in today rather than tomorrow. I have lost 9lb but somehow feeling a little dispondant about it although I know that it is a fab loss. Getting a bit fed up of sweet shakes so bit the bullet tonight and had the chicken soup - OMG what are people on about ??? I loved it, it was nice to have something savoury and I actually liked the taste. Back to chemists tomorrow to sway for some more soups :)

Anyone have and idea/tips to help stop the cravings - its all for carb stuff. I dont even feel hungry so wish these cravings would stop.

Just keep reminding yourself you're not hungry and distract yourself. It's a neatual thing but don't give into it. This is a tricky time and it's so worth staying 100% to get over this. Have you read the Fred thread? Worth a read. Shout if you can't find it x x x

Agree with Teapot on the fred post! Its a must read that really helped me kick the cravings. Everytime I'm twiddling my thumbs and I want to eat something (not even hungry) I read fred and feel tonnes better!

Congratulations so far you're doing so well!! Xx

Fred post is very good. Thanks for the tip :)

DAY 10

Well today has been the day :) Finally no cravings today and felt very much in control and back with lots of motivation to do this. Am proud that even through my "wobble" I stayed 100% TFR and am still on track.
I am loving the chicken Soup and that is my highlight of my day diet wise lol.
I keep thinking of all the reasons I want to complete this and that is enough to get me by. I keep spotting myself in the mirror and properly noticing the changes in my body :)
Thank you for all of you support, it really does help :)

Lx

DAY 14

WI tomorrow :)

I have been finding the last few days alot easier and the cravings subsided. I am loving the chicken soups and swapped some of the shakes for more soup :)
On Saturday I tried the coconut flapjack - it was definitely one too many I have tried and will never pass one over my lips however hungry I am or craving to eat - IT WAS VILE!!!!

Today started well but as the day has gone one my energy has slowly ebbed away and Im feel quite crappy, I am hoping it is because of a bad nights sleep and I'm not coming down with something. Tomorrow's weigh in will hopefully perk me up but am being realistic and expecting a low weight loss (even though I haven't cheated and have been 100% all the way).

Not only have me and my OH noticed my weight loss but other people are commenting too which is a big incentive. Plus I now have a pair of baggy dreams that were quite recently too tight to wear :-D

Back