Lollycakes' Weight Loss Journey

lollycakes

I hope I'm posting in the right part of the forum! Feel free to tell me to bugger off if I'm not, lol.

I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Laura, I'm 26 and I weigh... well, I have no idea how much I weigh if I'm honest. I'm a size 30/32, and I've estimated my weight to be around 350lb - but it could easily be more. Eek! I am aiming to lose at least 150lb of that, though ideally I'd like to lose around 200-220lb.

I've been on many diets over the years - Weight Watchers, low calorie, liquid, meal replacement, etc. And nothing has worked for me, though I put that down to more a lack of motivation than anything else. I've even considered weight loss surgery, but I backed out after my first couple of consultations because I'd heard several horror stories of how badly it can go wrong.

I've recently come to a point in my life where I'm so fed up of being fat that I have to do something about it. It's non-negotiable! I've always disliked being a fat girl, but I maintained an air of, "Take me as I am, I don't care what you think!" which was complete nonsense. I was just too much of a scaredy cat to really do anything about my weight. Who wants to fail, right?

But, as I said, I'm at a point where I refuse to be fat any longer. I will lose the weight even if it kills me - because, let's not beat around the bush here, if I don't lose the weight, that's what will kill me eventually. And I'd quite like to live to be an eccentric old lady, thanks!

So, anyway. I've been on a slightly higher carb version of Atkins for almost two weeks now, and I've definitely noticed a change in my body already, but I'm incredibly impatient so I'm in the process of devising my own low carb, low fat, low calorie diet with some intermittent fasting thrown in for good measure, in an attempt to shift as much weight as I can, in as little time as possible.

I've also been strength training almost daily, with some cardio thrown in for good measure. My muscles are in a state of constant achy soreness, but if that is the price I need to pay in order to get my body - and ultimately my life - back in order, it's 99p store cheap, lol.

I'm also considering getting a prescription for Orlistat from my doctor, but I'm going to see how I manage on my own before I take that step. Have you heard about the potential side effects? They're ghastly! So, if I can do it by myself, great. If not, Orlistat here I come!

Hmm, what else? I suppose that covers just about everything. I apologise for the novel I've written - it's no Twilight! - but I find I stay far more focused on what I'm doing if I have somewhere I can talk about it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to a Boots to use their weighing machine for another two weeks, but once I've got my starting point, I'll weigh myself twice a month and update this thread accordingly, as well as daily updates - for my own benefit if nothing else. I don't expect anyone to reply to this, but if you have some advice or words of encouragement, they'll be gratefully received!

x

Hello darling,

When you can get to a set of scales- get on them and keep a record. It'll be the last time you are those numbers :)

I'm 28 and started out at 318 lbs... I'm now 268.5 lbs so I've lost 49.5 lbs.

I now have 100 lbs to lose but I've got rid of 1/3 of it so ill get rid of the other 2/3!

Be sensible. Don't over burden your mind and stomach. And be good to yourself.

Use this site for support and comfort and allow yourself to enjoy food every once in a while.

Here if u need anything.

Rozie x

hi hun
welcome to the forum and good look i back roz on this once you have weighed you can say bye bye cause you will never see that number again i have a pic of me on my phone when i was 27st 11lbs if i want something i look at think stop it do you want to go back to there it works 9/10
good luck and enjoy your journey love x x x

Thank you! I joined this site a few years ago, back when I was considering the weight loss surgery, but I never really took advantage of the support and advice that was out there. But this time I'm totally going to utilise it. As supportive as the people around me are, they don't understand the unique struggles that come with trying to lose over half your body weight, you know? The most they ever talk about losing is a few pounds or a couple of stone. It's very hard to empathise with them when all I'm thinking is, "I'd kill to be just a couple of stone overweight!" lol.

I took a picture when I first started Atkins a couple of weeks ago, but I have more body issues than I care to admit, so I just couldn't keep it on my phone. I'd rather stick with monitoring my weight for now, and then when I lose enough that it's noticeable, that's when I'll start taking pictures to document/monitor my weight loss. Talking of monitoring my weight - I've just found a Weight Watchers scale with a 400lb limit so I think I'll order that ASAP.

Hi Laura, welcome :) I'm pretty new here too, and have a very similar story to yours, right down to the recent considerations of surgery (sleeve gastrectomy) and the type of diet plan I'm following.

If you aren't using it already I'd recommend my fitness pal as a great way to keep track of your food and exercise, I'm finding it really helpful.

Wish you lots of luck on your journey, and I hope we share many successes along the way :)

Hi & thanks! I've got MyFitnessPal on my phone, but I haven't used it very much due to eating pretty much the same thing every day - which sounds totally boring, but it helps me to stick to what I'm supposed to eat, rather than falling into binge eating mode where I'll tell myself I'll eat this, that & the other, and cut back the following day to make up for it. Which I never do! But with pre-planned meals/snacks, I know what I'm eating and when I'm eating it, so I find that makes it easier for me to stick to it.

Anyway, I hope everyone's having a good day and I'm certain we'll all lose the weight we want to lose. After all, WeMITT, right? Lol.

Welcome, Laura! You're in a great place for motivation and support - WEMITTS is a very lively part of the forum. :)

Re the Orlistat, please don't believe the horror stories about the side effects - you only get problems if you ignore the nutritional guidelines attached to taking them, which is to eat a maximum of 5% fat; perfectly reasonable if you want to lose weight anyway! Anyone who's had issues will have been eating high fat food. I've lost 9 stone in the last 2 years taking Orlistat and calorie counting, just trying to get the last, stubborn stone off now! There's an Orlistat sub-forum under Other Diet Options, in case you haven't already found it, where you'll find lots of advice and inspirational stories (the diary section seems to be the most active bit on there).

Anyway, good luck - I'll look forward to reading about your progress! :) xx

lollycakes
i eat the same most days and still put it on mfp so i know how many calories im eating x x

Back