LONDON TRIP BLOODY WASHOUT

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by spottitchsam, 21 March 2010 Social URL.

1. spottitchsam

spottitchsam Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.57%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi just thought that i would let everyone know that my family had a wasted journey going to london yesterday.spent over £80 in travel fares is no joke.if the meet was cancelled i thought someone would have contacted me to say its off.i stood outside starbucks in covent garden getting wet and cold from 1.45 till 2.15.and no one turned up.i then went to ask a policeman if there was another starbucks in covent garden and he told me there was one a few mins walk away on a corner,i went there as well but no luck.as i have diffulty in walking to far i had to stay round the area on my own till the rest of my family arrived.i spoild thier day out as they were going to take my 10year old granddaughter around london for the day.my hubby was very mad and went into starbucks to ask people if they were waiting to meet a small group of people.
    thanks to what happened i had 3 panic attacks from 2.30am till 3.00am.
    im also taking myself off the cd for a few months has also due to the stress yesterday i had a awful day food wise.today i dont want to have shakes/bars.i only want food,over the last few weeks ive been having trouble keeping to shakes only so this was the cherry on top of the cake so to speak.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

MsJMC likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hoping2LoseBig!!

Hoping2LoseBig!! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.83%)
    Diet:
    CD
    sorry to hear u had a crappy day and want to come off cd!
    i saw a thread about london on here the other day maybe there is some info on there for you about what happen! x

4. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

Sorry to read the meet didnt go down to well, but yes im sure someone replied to say what they were wearing on satday.! xx

Hope you are feeling better soon x

5. X_Tasha_X

X_Tasha_X Silver Member

OMG thats terrible, i am so sorry for you hun. I dont know anything about a meeting so have no idea what you are really talking about, but from the sounds of it people on here was ment to meet up? I am so sorry that you where left there on our own and spent that much money out on travel. I wonder why no one turned up??? Please dont come off CD, you are doing so so well and really keep people motivated on this site, myself being one of them people.

PM me if you need a chat sweeite xxx

~Big Hugs~ xxxx <3

6. jabbathehut

jabbathehut This is the last time!!

Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm really sorry you had a wasted time and that you feel fed up :(

7. leeds123

leeds123 Silver Member

oh no! i would have felt the same as you and also very anxious. hope you are feeling better today and someone clarifies why and how this happened????

8. Cartwoman

Cartwoman Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm really sorry that the day was horrible, but are you getting of cd because of medical issues? Is the stress cd related? If not, don't get off it, you've achieved so much and you shouldn't throw it all away like that. The only one you're punishing that way is yourself. If you can't stomach the shakes, perhaps try some of the other products?

9. minxie

minxie One day at a time!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.76%)
    Diet:
    Low carbs
    So sorry to hear that the day was such a washout - especially as you'd paid so much for tickets etc. I wonder what happened - lots of old-timers haven't been online for a while so maybe they've all fallen by the wayside.

Don't give up on CD altogether - I can understand why you are angry and feel let down but don't let that cloud the issue that you want to lose weight - take a few days to calm down and let things settle. You probably wont feel any better for eating and ditching the diet - look for strength and come right back at it.

I sincerely believe that there was nothing personal to this - in the past with meetings such as this I have been aware of a big drop out rate which is why I didn't sign up for it in the first place.:(

10. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Diet:
    Healthy eating, was CD
    What a bad time for this to happen when you were struggling already. Try not to let it sabotage all your good effort up to now though.

Unfortunately these types of get togethers can have really high drop out rates for many reasons. It's a shame mobile numbers weren't swapped beforehand. Even though I live in London, I'd never try to meet a friend without knowing their mobile. Too many chances for something to go wrong.

11. Stinkybreath

Stinkybreath Size 14 here i come!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Oh dear, who was mean to be going spots? Did people say for sure they would be there? Like said before mobile numbers should have been swapped as maybe last min things got in the way. Anyway too late for should haves, sorry you are not happy and leaving CD, good luck for future!

12. Zoe.D

Zoe.D loving life

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st10lb(48.23%)
    Diet:
    cd maintenance
    Oh hun, i am so sorry to hear you had such an awful day. I would be cross to but don't let it ruin your cd journey, you are doing so well. Who organised the meet? or started the thread? I hope you feel better soon, pm me if you want a chat spott, big hugs xx.

13. fed-up-and-fat

fed-up-and-fat hoping for a good loss

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(26.17%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh hun, I am so sorry it was such a wasted day. Please don't come off Cd, you have acheived so much chick. Let us help you through it

Charlie xx

14. LV30

LV30 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.68%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    Oh no, that's just awful. I did follow the threads with interest... (i live in South Wales, London is too far to travel for a starbucks coffee!).

Please don't give in. Please...!

Lynne
    x

15. Tracy P

Tracy P Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(12.62%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    I looked at the London thread and everyone stopped talking about the trip 3 weeks ago (infact the last post was someone asking if it was still on but they did not get a definative answer). I don't understand why you want to pack it all in because of one bad afternoon.

16. trisha

trisha likes to post

Diet:
    healthy eating
    I've just seen someone else who went to London meet and was the only one, seems like there was some kind of mix up

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.