London trip!

nadine21

Ok so I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for me...

My boyfriend is taking me away to London for a long weekend beginning the 3rd feb for an early valentines gift. We are staying in a luxury 5* hotel which includes breakfast. I'm starting my 15th week of slimming world and hit my 3 stone award yesterday.

I am soooo excited to go but am also dreading relying on restaurant and hotel food since we will have no other options to eat. I know that I will be able to have eggs and bacon for breakfast and remove the fat myself and lunches will have to be jacket potatoes and beans or salads, however, I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on staying true to plan when going away for weekends and eating out a lot???

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks, nadine x x

What I will say will probably contadict with a lot of peoples thoughts but for me, I would just relax and enjoy myself.

The fact that you have been on SW for 15 weeks means that you will already be in a place where you will naturally make healthier choices so while you are away I would just trust your judgement to eat the right things when you can but also to treat yourself and eat something you really want.

Slimming World is a lifestyle change, its not just a temp measure to get to target.
You will always be on Slimming World one way or another IMO.
So can you honestly say for the rest of your life you won't eat a little more liberally while on holiday and stuff?

Obviously you want to stay healthy and as close to syns as possible while away so you can totally just forget what I'm saying etc!
Thats no problem! :)

I just think, in my own opinion and from my experience, Slimming World will still be there when you come back and life is too short to only EVER think about syns etc.

When Im away with hubby and relaxing, I wanna do that.
Relax. Losen the reigns and let myself enjoy it.
As I said you WILL make healthier choices already.
Things like desserts, you wont have one of you'll have the fruit etc.
So if there is something you'd like have it.
Enjoy the time with your boyfriend.

I hope you have a WONDERFUL time!!

Thank you for the reply! I appreciate what you are saying and I think your right, I do need to enjoy myself and I will make healthier choices. I think I'm just panicking, I've worked so hard to get here I'd hate to lose control over one weekend, perhaps I need to trust myself more haha xx

Addibelle said:
What I will say will probably contadict with a lot of peoples thoughts but for me, I would just relax and enjoy myself.

The fact that you have been on SW for 15 weeks means that you will already be in a place where you will naturally make healthier choices so while you are away I would just trust your judgement to eat the right things when you can but also to treat yourself and eat something you really want.

Slimming World is a lifestyle change, its not just a temp measure to get to target.
You will always be on Slimming World one way or another IMO.
So can you honestly say for the rest of your life you won't eat a little more liberally while on holiday and stuff?

Obviously you want to stay healthy and as close to syns as possible while away so you can totally just forget what I'm saying etc!
Thats no problem! :)

I just think, in my own opinion and from my experience, Slimming World will still be there when you come back and life is too short to only EVER think about syns etc.

When Im away with hubby and relaxing, I wanna do that.
Relax. Losen the reigns and let myself enjoy it.
As I said you WILL make healthier choices already.
Things like desserts, you wont have one of you'll have the fruit etc.
So if there is something you'd like have it.
Enjoy the time with your boyfriend.

I hope you have a WONDERFUL time!!

Hi :) I couldn't agree more - I'm off to London for a long weekend tomorrow and I intend to do exactly what you've said!! I've been on SW since oct and you are right, I naturally make better choices, but if I'm away and I want a treat I will do it :)

If you're anything think like me you will be walking around London a lot during the day anyway so will be eat big some extra body magic without actively setting out to exercise!!

Hope you have a great weekend K x

Thanks for the reply! I am intending on doing lots and lots of walking round London, there is so much to see/do. Maybe your right I need to relax and enjoy my time and hop back on the band wagon when ofer home on Monday x x

Back