Long-haul flight - what to eat?!

On Monday I will be heading off to Singapore for good - I can't wait except as I am doing great so far, and not cheating, I'm dreading the "flight food"....

Has anyone been on a long haul flight recently and what did you eat? I will be starting my cruise phase that day also please help :)

Hi there....I'm ex cabin crew and on a long flight especially the crew will have time to help you. You've not specified where you are sitting on the plane but if up the front then no probs ....just tell them no sauces. If sitting with the hoipolloi lol then ask what the options are and tell them you cannot eat sauces. There is often breast of chicken on long haul flights but covered with a red tomatoe sauce which I hate but it can be scraped off. Depending what airline maybe you could go on their website and order a special meal although it is a bit late now for Monday. Drink plenty of water, sit back, relax and watch the movies and look fwd to your new life in Singapore. BTW hope you like the heat and himidity and rain....each time I've been to Singapore it has rained constantly! Good luck and let us know how you got on. Cheers Saska :)

On Monday I will be heading off to Singapore for good - I can't wait except as I am doing great so far, and not cheating, I'm dreading the "flight food"....

Has anyone been on a long haul flight recently and what did you eat? I will be starting my cruise phase that day also please help :)

Wow, Sammyzip lives in Singapore and I'm sure she would be glad to help with food tips once you're there if you need any, she doesn't do Dukan anymore but still posts on the boards.

On most airlines websites under your booking you can request low fat meals.
I know they wont be 100% Dukan but theyre usually a salad, or whatever comes shouldnt have the sauces on.
you tend to get a lot of food on flights-I think so anyway.
Theres 3 of us, we all mix and match our meals. so we all get to eat stuff we like-eg my son will eat the 3 desserts and packs of cheese :D

you will also be able to buy something in the shops after security-not much but there usually are a few options.
good luck.x

Thanks for all your advice - I've picked my meals online so I should be ok - I didnt even know you could do that! I will try and sleep through most of it to stop temptation!

What a familiar name....good luck with the move Rachel :)

I time I traveled by plane I starved because I wouldn't eat.
I suggest you request low fat meal.
And I advise you to eat whatever they offer.
There is nothing worse than starving.

Congrats :) did u pop it on the official weekly weigh in sticky?! It's a nice way to keep track!! X

Ps sure I could suggest a lovely pic for ur profile, as long as I were cropped out :p u can guess! X

Back