Long journey

Cherry-Blossom

I CAN do this
I've just realised what a huge journey I have ahead of me. Don't get me wrong I knew I was over weight before but I have just been on another forum and read the measurements of the average size 8 person. Then I've compared that against myself. The result has really shocked me.

To be a size 8 I would need to lose:
Chest - 15"
Waist - 24"
Hips - 20"
Thighs - 9"
Calves - 6"

I know I will probably never be a size 8 but it has really made me realise what I have done to myself and although it has really upset me it's also made me more determined to get this weight off once and for all.

He Cherry I know how you feel and believe me its not good but dont even think of size 8 anyhow size 10 or 12 is a great goal to aim for! You can do it so can we all with some motivation! Keep going girl! xx

Don't stress about the end game CherryB. Concentrate on small goals to begin with. Breaking your goals down into stones lost and measuring yourself after each stone will help keep you motivated. I could compare where I am now to a size 8 and it wouldn't do any good as I have no chance of getting there and to be honest I don't want to. I'll never be a stick insect. If I can get comfortably into a 12-14 that will do me just fine. I'm sure it would do you just fine too and you'd feel fantastic.

Hey Cherry, Girlsbig and Borders are VERY right.
Besides, we were not all built to be size 8.
And how did we get the idea that Size 8 is the perfect one.
Like Borders, I'm aiming for 12 on top and 14 on the hips.
It's a comfortable, manageable weight for me and I'll have curves in all the right places.:D
You gotta find what's realistic and right for you.
So chin up and glug away on that water
xxx

I wouldnt aim for a size 8, id reckon most people who are size 8 tend to have always been slimish, lower than a size 12 anyway and with a bmi defo lower than 25. Id aim for a weight that would give u a healthy bmi of just hitting 25 and not lower (unless ur lucky enough to be there already) Altho im not aiming,for that as wont be able to maintain n happy at a bigger size.

Agree....a girl needs a few curves. A comfortable size 12 is fab and my aim.

Back