Long term dieter, brand new MiniMin-er :)

jmc1984

Hi everyone.

I'm no stranger to dieting having had issues with my weight since being a young child. I've pretty much tried everything but have decided that being over 27 stone at the age of 29 is ridiculous and that I can't sustain it any longer.

As you can imagine, being this size has brought on an array of medical problems including type 2 diabetes, sleep apnoea, pitting odaema of my legs and arthritis of the knees but to mention a few.

I have two wonderful children and a beautiful wife, who is now wanting to lose weight with me after putting weight on after having the kids.

My son is 4 and a half years old. In his entire life, he has never seen me run, had me play football with him, take him out on the bikes etc. All because of my weight. Hell, I struggle walking 300 yards down the street! He never complains and I know he loves me to bits, but I am completely ashamed of myself and I have decided enough is enough.

Which brings me to this forum. I stumbled across it after searching Google for something new that may help me lose weight. I figure there's got to be something out there that can help me and my wife and I think this forum is the perfect support for us in changing our lives.

So, after trying almost everything going out there we've decided to give the Exante diet a go. Fingers crossed this is something that will work for us!

I look forward to chatting to as many of you as I can and hope I can offer support to anyone who needs it :)

Onwards and upwards....

Hi Jmc, you have made the right start to getting where you want to be, this forum will support you the best it can keep coming on here keep us informed and I'm sure you will get the results you want, and as I started to say when I joined here Onward & Downward Good luck

I have just started too (again) I have to sort this out having spent nearly all of 30s being overweight I am terrified of the fat at 40 tag

Good luck on the diet im doing a simular one called slim and save. There are days that are tough but no one said it would be easy. Just keep busy and drink the water. I find early bath/shower and then bed with water helps.

The weight loss is fantastic with these diet so you will both soon have your rewards.

Good luck

Hello, I wish you luck with Exante, I did it last year and lost 3 x stones it didn't take long and after the first few days I honestly didn't feel hungry at all. I was amazed. I am now maintaining by weighing regularly and using exante a couple of days a week. It's easy, I just wish I'd done it years ago. I'm sure your little boy and wife will appreciate having you fitter and happier and living longer too!

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement everyone.

I'm actually looking forward to getting started. I can't wait to be able to fit in a bath, or walk into a shop and buy clothes off the rail!

Back