long-term success

broxi

ButtErFly
I am unsure about the long-term success of VLCDs but people say LL is successful because of the CBT. Does anyone know the success rates?:confused:

I don't know the figures but i think you'll find people who complete the course including route to management are most successful

Hello Broxi
I don't know the figures either - just know it worked for me. I 've maintained my weight loss now for over 2 years.
As I see it there are 2 issues;
1. losing the weight
2. keeping it off
The secret is in the psychology. If you approach it as a "diet" and then go back to your previous ways once you've lost your weight - you will put it back on again.
If you think of it as a way to change your life and re-evaluate your relationship with food then do RTM I then I believe you have a better chance of long term success.
Good luck.:)

SB thats a brilliant way to put it x

i was away this weekend for an overly indulgent all expenses paid break at slaley hall, northumberland. my mind is def in a different mind set as to what its ever been before. ive only gained 3lbs... i stopped when i was full and was making good decisions i.e. protien rich foods with salad garnishes as opposed to high fat, high carb calorific choices. this is the first time in 16yrs of dieting ive managed this. i know some people would consider 3lbs a lot to gain in a weekend but considering im out of ketosis and the weight of glycogen.. im impressed. i can normally gain around 6lbs in one day so im quietly confident that i can succeed at this and if i can, honestly anyone can. xx

Well done Carrie, fantastic.:)

Back