Long Time Lurker....First Time Poster

henri156

Hey guys,

have lurked about this website for some time now but felt it was time to commit and post. Seems a hard time to start coming up to Christmas but after a full sunday dinner (including desert) a McDs Mcflurry and a Terrys Choc Orange in the space of an hour or two its time to start! Will be doing it alone from home so will need the support of you guys. I feel like i know you all already as I have been lurking for so long...some of you are very motivational!

So here goes....

A 23 year old female from Belfast hoping to lose about 2 stone on extra easy / green plans, weighing alone on a Monday morning.

Thanks for reading...any advice welcome x

I do mine from home and have just started too. I find it a little more difficult from home tho, as you have nobody to answer to if you don't do well. But I've found this site brilliant for a few tips and motivation. The people seem absolutely lovely. Good luck to both of us!

Took the words right out of my mouth! I have prayed for that a million times. Dieting is one of the hardest things ever. I have 6 stone to lose it feels like a millions years away ughhh

Hopefully we can motivate each other! Looking at what some people have achieved on this is crazy!..gives me hope. My problem is stress eating and with exams / a dissertation coming up I am nervous about how easily I will stick to this!

I know my god, a diet to me was saying I was going to do it one week, then forgetting the next. But I've put on 3 stone in a year due to medication, ( and I won't lie) a ridiculous love for takeaway food lol. So I have to this time. I'm defo up for that. It's unbelievable the amount people have lost, I still don't believe il do it which is probably where I'm losing track but I'm gona give it a damn good go. Everyone has advised me to do a food diary on here tho you should do the same. At least then people can give you tips and support x

I am the same Zolar..I love take aways too much and have almost given up before I have started with negative thought! Thanks for the diary tip-think that would help me keep focused! Good luck...we can do it :) x

Defo, well keep me posted . I love having someone to have a good winge to who understands where I'm coming from. X

Take one day at a time - the plan really does work and yes a diary is a good way of keeping track of what your having. Keep plenty of fresh fruit and veg handy for snacking on ie carrot sticks, cucumber, i always have 1/2 dozen boiled eggs in the fridge for snacking on. There is always someone here to help you with Syn values etc , there is a thread dedicated to syns.

If you have a bad day move on dont make it a bad week - good luck

Welcome to SW and this forum!
If you like take away food then this is the site for you, there are lots of recipes for healthy curries, kababs, chicken chow mein & fish & chips and lots of others all SW friendly.
Make yourself a weekly menu, only buy the ingredients needed to make these meals, that way you can't cheat!
Keep a weekly diary of EVERYTHING you eat, if you get stuck someone can then help you.
(if you follow the link below you will find my recipe book)
Pete

And a big welcome from me too (waving). Look upon S W more as a healthy way of eating sustainable for life. I have been at target 12 months and just love it! And you will get there too with support and motivational tips along the way on here. Just bob on anytime, there is always someone lurking! All the best to you. If you are good to the plan, it will be good to you! :)

Thank you so much everybody! All great advice! I have had a look at some of you recipes Pete and they look amazing! Motivating me to actually cook instead of relying on takeaway. Also your loses are fantastic. Also Holly's nan 12months at target is great - congratulations. Hopefully I will get there some day lol. I know it is hard starting round Christmas but I didn't want to wait til after as it would give me am excuse to eat everything in site til then. You are all a lovely bunch of people :)

Hope your getting your head round it, how you been getting on so far? Xx

i love pizza love it love it love it!!! and since ive been on this plan (4th week) ive had one ... i know that sounds not that good but its a massive acheivement for me haha i love slimming world and dont feel like im even dieting

good luck :) xx

Well done babytree! Pizza is my down fall too but i resisted dominos last night! Hopefully it continues lol. Going good Zolar :) I am actually enjoying the variety of food I am eating and never feel hungry which is a bonus! How are u getting on?x

Thanks, yes I feel it is an achievement being at target for 12 months. I dont see Christmas as much of a problem as I am at the bottom of my scale, but a 2 week holiday in Mexico in March will be most testing!!! Think I will probably be over then, but we all know how to pull it back. Hols are to be enjoyed. Hope you continue to enjoy s w. It really, in my opinion, just the best weight loss plan by far!And you are so right in starting before Xmas, so many leave it until after, they could have been at least half a stone lighter by Xmas! Well done, you sound so in the zone and with an attitude like that you will achieve your dreams :)

Back