Long winded intro. Hello guys x

K33tah

Hello lovely people

ive recently joined slimming world (10 day ago) and have found myself constantly coming back to this forum for recipes and syn values so thought it's about time I joined myself. The groups are fab and I'm great at supporting others but no so much asking for support, so it's great I have you guys for back up and to encourage others when I'm on a win.

This is my first 'proper' diet. I've had a couple of days on slimfast or those ww ready meals but I enjoy my food far too much. Also I am the very proud mum to a little boy who will be 1 this Sunday. Omg!!! I realised I was cooking him healthy meals 5 days a week yet still eating rubbish myself. How mad!?! I would honestly cook him tiny portions of veg and meat etc with sauces made with a spoonful of those sauce sachets then eating a whole cupboards worth of junk. What was I thinking?

im obese. 18st 8lbs at 5'10 obese. Not as big as some but lots bigger than I should be. I get seriously out of breath after a 3 minute jog. I'm in a size 20/22 quite possible bigger but I live in leggings so it doesn't quite feel the same. Most people my size usually have major confident issues but I'm one of the lucky few who really isn't too bothered. I have the odd moment when something doesn't fit anymore or I bump into an ex but on the whole I'm too relaxed. I regularly prance around naked as if I'm some sort of super model (on my own home) I don't comfort eat, I boredom eat. My hubby is a 6,7 giant who altho overweight not nearly as much as I am yet of course I try to keep up with him when eating junk. Quite selfishly actually, if he buys a big bag of Doritos, biscuits or chocolate I want my half.
2 weeks ago when my baby boy started walking and I was getting tired keep jumping up to get him. 2 weeks ago I realised I have to change. I'm doing this for him

My biggest hurdle is going to be cooking sauces, soups and casseroles! I can cook meat, veg and pasta etc but nothing with flavour or to make a proper dish. The amount of syn free sauces I've chucked in the bin this week is incredible BUT I'm learning! No sachets or jars in sight.

Im determined to lose weight and get healthy for my little man. I want to be one of those loony parents racing around the soft play area like a child again. I refuse to get stuck on the slide again or constantly worrying if the bars will hold my weight or have my leggings roll down and flash my belly!

Sorry for the long intro, I figured if I wrote it all down and can look back when having an off day I'll be able to get that spark back and remember how far I've come and why I'm doing this.

Hi, I enjoyed reading your intro...and what better motivation that your lil boy. Good luck on your weight-loss journey :)

Hi K33tah :) i'm similar to you, just joined slimming world (this will be my third week but I had a few days of wobblies because of pancake day and a trip to the seaside). How're you finding it? I'm loving it so far :) I'm 13st 4, and a size 14/16, and just want to lose weight to be happier and healthier :) I've just joined this website after using it a few times for reference, finding out syns, recipe ideas etc, so hoping to make some friends on here and get & give some support. Which day do you weigh in on? :)

Thanks Laura he really is the best motivation

Hi K33tah :) i'm similar to you, just joined slimming world (this will be my third week but I had a few days of wobblies because of pancake day and a trip to the seaside). How're you finding it? I'm loving it so far :) I'm 13st 4, and a size 14/16, and just want to lose weight to be happier and healthier :) I've just joined this website after using it a few times for reference, finding out syns, recipe ideas etc, so hoping to make some friends on here and get & give some support. Which day do you weigh in on? :)

Im now on my third week and thoroughly enjoying it too. I understand the pancake day wobbles tho and I've yet to attempt eating out but will get there one day haha. What's working brilliantly for me is allowing myself a crunchy (7.5 Syns for smaller multipack bars) every night in bed. Half my family are on slimming world but at a different group, they cut out all chocolate and crisps and it's not working that well for any of them. They stick to the plan but very rarely use any of their syns! It's taken my mum a year to lose 3stone and that's with just a handful of days off . The minute I started I decided I'd have at least 7.5 syns a day and I've lost more in a fortnight than they have in a month even tho they are similar sizes. Crunchy a day keeps the multiple chins at bay I'm on a mega high at the moment after winner sotw and sotm on the same night haha

my weigh in day is Wednesdays, yours? Xx

Back