Looking at skinny pictures of yourself

spriggit82

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone else does what I do. Got some skinny pics from when I was 18 and a size 10 and I just look so happy and healthy unlike now where i dont even like my picture being taken! Keep looking at them feeling angry with myself for getting to 18 stone and a size 22 but they give me the determination to stick to it when I feel I'm gonna cave. If I could get back to anywhere near that size ill be the happiest girl alive xx does anyone else have that one thing that always keeps you motivated ? X

Glad it's not just me lol x I always find its the only thing that really helps oh or if someone you know who has been big and has lost loads of weight - makes you think if they can do it I bleedin well can! X

Unfortunately my slim picks are from about twenty years ago so I barely resemble my 20 year old self now! But I do look at better and worse pics from recent years. Two years ago I lost three stone and still thought I was chubby - wish I was there now! Still, I'm getting there and plan to go further too (and keep it off!)

Same here - I refuse to have to go through all the weight loss again. Ill probably do the opposite and look at fat pictures of myself once I've lost the weight to make sure I never get anywhere near that big again! X

I was planning on doing the same thing. I have skinny size 10 pictures from as recent as 3 years ago a couple of them in a bikini no less and they're posted on my laptop, phone screen saver everywhere I look I see skinny me to remind me of why I am doing this. I'm on day 8 now and I'm pretty happy with myself, started exercise today as planned, nothing is stopping me now.!

Its mad - I look at photos of myself when I was under 10 stone.... I remember at the time being really upset with my weight and thinking how big I was... now the thought of getting under 13 stone seems like it would be a major achievement! :) I think I have always had problems with my body image... I hope that maybe when I reach my goal weight I can settle with it all... and finally just accept that this is my body - I dont need to be tiny... just healthy!x x

Its mad - I look at photos of myself when I was under 10 stone.... I remember at the time being really upset with my weight and thinking how big I was... now the thought of getting under 13 stone seems like it would be a major achievement! :) I think I have always had problems with my body image... I hope that maybe when I reach my goal weight I can settle with it all... and finally just accept that this is my body - I dont need to be tiny... just healthy!x x

I couldn't agree more wannabeslim89. I used to think I was so fat when I was a size 10 and ended up being borderline anorexic (was scared to eat anything!) now id just be happy to get up a flight of stairs without feeling puffed and be able to go in any shop and pick something up I know will fit! clothes are so much cheaper when you are smaller :) x

Back