Looking for a WW buddy!

claireylou87

heya all, im looking for a buddy who is a smilar weight with a similar end goal as me to keep each other motivated!
perhaps a daily check in with each other and a bit of support when we're flagging!

anyone fancy joining me??

xcx

Hi my name is mandy and i will be your buddy, my starting weight five weeks ago was 17 st 8, im now 16 8, so have lost a stone so far.

I started originally on slim world but found it too expensive and was constantly stuffing myself all day so wasnt really solving my overeating problem.

I overeat when im happy, sad, bored etc etc i just luv food especially chocolate! After weigh in i always binge on food which is a habit ive got to get out of.

If you ever want to let off steam, have a moan or share your weight losses just look me up, good luck and keep in touch

Mandy x

yay!! hi mandy! im the same, i joined sw just found it was reinforcing my bad habits!!!

well done on your stone so far thats fab!! whats your final goal weight??

today has been good, but im shattered and just want to order take out!! grrr, massively motivated but old habits die hard lol!
what do you do anyways? im a stay at home mum, so eating has become habit that way!!

x

Im a stay at home mom as well, so food is a constant temptation to me, when i put my mind to it i can be really good, but when im bad i go completely off the rails and can eat and eat till i feel phsically sick!

I never stick to a diet, i really really try to and at the mo im very determined, i cant remember how it feels to be under 16 stone, i wud love to be 10 stone but im taking it half a stone at a time.

I always start a diet january and give up by end of march and put on all the weight ive lost, ive got to break this silly cycle cuz i really need to lose about 6 stone!

well i think its good weve found each other lol cos thats my exact story! i cant do moderation, at all and have zero willpower. i lost nearly 3 stone about a year ago but then quit ww thinking i could go it alone but i defo need the support and incentive of meetings. im going into it this time viewing it like an alcoholic needing AA meetings, if i dont go i slip and im putting my health at risk now.
what age are you and how many kids have you got? im 24 and have 2 boys, lewis is 5 and arran is 2.

xxx

I have almost exactly the same weight to lose. My goal is also 154lb. This week has been pretty bad though, but I will give myself the weekend and get back on track on Monday as that is when I can start exercising again after surgery last month. Looking forward to it!

Hi its me again, im 42and 3/4 and my kids are 14, 11, 8 and 5, im gonna find this coming week really tough as im used to having hte house to myself (with the dog), but next week theres gonna be kids and treats everywhere!

I cant stop them from having goodies cuz im a fat cow! So its gonna be really hard.

Anyway i found a recipe off you tube last week for butternut squash and tomatoe soup, so ive just put it all in the oven, im not much of a cook but i thought i would be a bit more adventurous especially as the soup is 0 points so i can help myself whenever i want.

I always find Saturdays tough cuz i always see it as a treat day, so im going to try and make a sin free slimming world cake, i thing it will work out at about 10 to 15 pp but if i can have that as my treat on a Saturday that may help me a lot with my constant sugar cravings.

Have you had any weigh ins yet or will next week be your first one, i weigh in on a Tuesday morning how about you?

i had my first meeting on thursday so first loss will be next week!
ive found i have to buy my kids single treats, so i dont eat them all when the kids are asleep lol!i like the fact that fruit is free cos i can have a few things that are nice n sweet. have a mega passion fruit obsession just now and made passion fruit brulees to have for pudding tonight- only 2 pp! and effin delish!
my tough time is when the kids are in bed cos i use food like people use booze or fags, its my thing to unwind with!
im going to teach myself to crochet to try and occupy my hands!
the soup youre making is yummy!! enjoy!

im off on a wee holiday with the kids and their dad next week to a holiday home we go to at the coast, food is put on so im going to try and be sensible but wont be able to point everything so a bit worried about that :-(

xxxx

Ive come off the rails big time ive eaten loads of crap and now totally feel pissed off! Ive just been hungry all day, up until this afternoon i had been ok but just thought sod it im sick of feeling hungry, i eat eggs, yogs, jac pots, cheese etc so im eating loads but i dont enjoy it like sw so im going back to sw but doing it myself so we can still buddy if you like, im such a silly cow i dont know whats wrong with me

theres nothinag at all wrong with you its just really hard!
i think you should stick with ww cos of what you said about addressing your issues with food. the leader i lost weight with before was very big on telling us that slipping up isnt the end of the world and that every day is a new set of points, dont let yourself get downhearted cos of a slip up. if you do go back to doing sw id still love to buddy, weight loss is weight loss no matter how yr doing it! hope yr okay hun xxx

Hi have you had a good day, ive felt a lot better today, ive had 3 ww yogs for brekkie with a banana, rice, ham, toms and soup for lunch, then some fruit, then i made a slimming world sin free cake (which im saving for later and not sharing) and for tea i had gammon, more eggs, beans, mushrooms, large jacket potatoe, strawberries for after and having a couple of vodkas later with cake, as you can tell ive gone back to sw, i havent felt at all hungry and been in a much better mood! What you been up to

ah good on you! ive had a pretty cr@p day tbh, the meds that im on are giving me a rotten headache and i got about 3 hrs sleep last night so ive felt awful today. mid afternoon i had a right carbfest and am annoyed at myself for it. the way im seeing it is even though ive eaten over points ive eaten less than usual, id have well gotten a take away usually and gone to get a load of pig out munchies for tonight but as it was todays pig out was 2 weetabix with skimmed milk, a mullerlight, some focaccia and m&s low cal 4 cheese ravioli, which is a lot better than what id usually have for a binge.
hope an early night and a well planned day tomorrow will make me more successful tomorrow. grrrr.

well im pleased with myself, i just cooked 4 cheesy potato waffles and 4 onion bhajjis, thought about it and upended the fairy liquid over the lot and made an options hot choc instead, near miss lol!!

Hi have you had a good day, ive been really good had loads of food and feeling good, got some ww sausages they were fab had them with jac pot, two eggs, mushrooms, toms and beans then had a lovely pudding happy days!

yay!! glad youve had a good day! i have too! been feeling alot better and been 100% have got 3 pp left which ill use for an options hot choc in the bath and a snack beforehand :)

what day do you weigh in mandy? x

Im not im going it alone, i have all the support i need on this forum and i feel as if all the pressure has been lifted, i will weigh myself each sat morning. One week i mite do sw the next i mite do ww, it keeps it fresh

good idea mrs, stops boredom setting in! i could do with sw today as i have a massive chips craving and some sw chips with chilli powder and salt would go down a treat!!!

xxx

Nooooo i hate half term! Been making cakes with kids and ive been eating them as im making them! Im bloody useless and hav no self control at all! Now cuz ive slipped up that means the whole day is ballsed up as ive not stopped eating! Omg im such a greedy cow!

Back