Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Looking for some advice please

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by SacredSilence, 24 April 2010 Social URL.

1. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    Hi everyone, Just wondered if someone could give me some advice please?

I am currently taking Xenical with low fat diet and am also watching my cals and doing exercise but I`m not being very successful on it :(

I tried it last yr and again, Wasn`t doing very well so I tried LT and lost 17lbs in 4 weeks but although I could cope with not eating my body couldn`t and I had to come off it. Sadly I gained the weight I lost back which was from generally eating again not cos I gorged or ate badly. I think I must not have done refeeding properly :( I have managed to lose it again though with healthy eating and exercising but have stopped losing again, despite the Xenical :(

I have an underactive Thyroid and PCOS so I really struggle to lose weight. I am brilliant at maintaining, But obviously, I don`t want to be maintaining my current weight :(

My questions are - Firstly, Is LL Gluten/Wheat free? As I have to avoid eating wheat. And can I eat 1 meal on LL as my body just cannot cope with total abstinence from food and I don`t want a repeat of the side effects I got on LT :/ I think you can on the Lite programme?

My last question is do you have to have the counselling part of the diet? As I don`t have any food issues, I am just struggling to lose the weight I already have.

I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me. I have also posted on the CD forum as I am looking at both diets as a possibility if I haven`t lost a decent amount of weight by the time I go to see my Dr next month. I would like as much info as possible so that I can discuss it with her if needs be.

Thanks in advance for any advice, Hope everyone is having a great weekend,

LiSe Xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:

4. Spannerwanner

Spannerwanner technologically ignorant

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi SacredSilence

From a quick look on the back of my packs some are gluten free and some aren't. The two shake flavours I have are. One soup and the porridge aren't and the other soup doesn't say.

The counselling is compulsory but don't dismiss it. I was sceptical about it as I have done conselling before but in general it has been helpful. It doesn't all work for me but it covers lots of stuff that is useful. I have actually found some of it more useful for things in my life that are nothing to do with the diet at all. In addition having a regular group of people is really good.

What I would say though is that you should talk to your GP about why you might not be losing with the Xenical. I found my weight loss on Xenical very similar to LL so you may have some medical issues that need to be addressed.

5. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Thanks for the reply :)

Tbh I have 4 children and work part time and I just wouldn`t be interested in giving up any free time I have for counselling that I don`t feel I need :/ So I`m not sure if LL would be the right diet for me :( I`m glad that you have found the counselling to help :D Hope things are going well for you on the diet :D x

Re medical issues, I have an underactive Thyroid and PCOS so I really struggle to lose weight :(

Thanks again for the advice x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.