Looking forward to my day one (yep another one:) )

jfc

Silver Member
Hello all

Its me again, I have ordered my Exante packs and about to start my SS journey once more. My life has changed a lot since I last posted, some for the better some not so good, but I always seem to use food as a way to cope with my emotions, to celebrate or commiserate when im feeling low.

No excuses for still being a giant blob but these are the some of the things that have led to my day one journey for the 4th time!

• 30 year relationship ending
  • Working with a man sufferring from Littleman Syndrome who takes it out on me
  • money stress linked to point number 1
  • greedyness to extreeme - scoffing late at night and drinking far too much wine
  • loneliness

Now my reasons for wanting to lose it :-

• health
  • appearance
  • back in the dating game as a single lady at 47 - i want to be in top shape
  • increase my confidence
  • my daughter wants to join me - so we can encourage each other to keep going.

will post more on my journey.....:)

hope everyone is doing well on there own journey....i have the challenge of weighing myself to get over...and also a week away at easter ..but with my daughters support I will get there this time.

Well done on starting your journey x. Your reasons for losing are similar to mine, I'm hitting 40 this year and will want to be in the dating game but right now I couldn't bear it.. I did have a date and was so self conscious that I thought he was looking at my spare tyre it gave me the incentive to get exante x. I have around 3 stone to lose x
I too eat crap and quaff loads of wine due to loneliness... Haha, hopefully tonight will be my last binge for a while xx

I started nearly 3 years ago after my 15yr (wonderful) marriage ended...
I was 35 and thought, "omg old AND fat you'll never find a man"... So I lost a couple of stones, met some men too. :D

Good luck! Life does go on.

Good luck on your new journey all your reasons are brill - it's so nice to do something for yourself once in a while and a life event can motivate us to take the first steps

and said:
I started nearly 3 years ago after my 15yr (wonderful) marriage ended...
I was 35 and thought, "omg old AND fat you'll never find a man"... So I lost a couple of stones, met some men too. :D

Good luck! Life does go on.

LOL... Planning to follow your example and meet a few men too when I'm done :-D

Now we are talking ladies, this sounds good to me lol. Actually, my main reason for feeling so determined to achieve a big loss this time is because i am fed up with being called fat and ugly by him indoors all the time. He has over the last 6 and a half years got my confidence level down into the minus figures. I even stopped going out apart from doing the school run twice a day.
Now,the more weight that comes off, the closer i am to finding someone nice!!!

Day 3 and 2 pound gone, my daughter has done better, she started at 11 stone 1 and is now 10 stone 8 (not bad for 3 days) x

Week one is over, I have lost 7 pounds and my daughter a total of 9 pounds. both feeling very happy and positive :)

Good Morning Safia

Thank you, the only downside is my daughter dosnt really like the taste of anything except the chocolate milkshakes. We are off to Italy in August so we have something ahead of us to keep us motivated.

What diet are you following?

I ttok the plunge and signed up for an online dating site today. Im a bit nervous as I have never used one before. At 47 its hard to meet people in normal situations most people I meet are either married or too young :) I will let you know how I get on

x

I'm doing exante ts and so far finding everything ok but sometimes i really want to eat but i get over it soon enough when i look at my big belly lol. Todays day 8 for me and i have lost 6lbs so far but today has been a real test for me and i havent failed myself yet x
Its good that you have a goal to aim to, i wish i was going on holiday but i dont quite fancy the thought of three under 5's on holiday with me lol, maybe when they are a little older. OOooo i hope you all the success with the dating site, you never know, keep me posted x

Hi Safia, just reporting my week 2 weight loss, sadly only 2 pound loss for me, my daughter however is delighted with her 4 pound loss :). I am following total solutions but following a slightly different path to my daughter, I start the day with the exante porridge, bar at lunchtime and then a shake in the evening. My daughter only has the shakes so is that why she is likely to have a better loss than me? The porridge and bar are very filling but as I ordered a months supply of everything and my daughter is only having the shakes it means I have to eat the porridge and bars or I waste my money.

My daughter and me share the same TOTM and its fast approaching (should be next week) does anyone know if this type of diet messes with our hormones? My daughter is always very emotional and aggressive on her first day, then calms down (she is normally a pussy cat, but turns into a raging lion) I am hoping this diet wont make it worse or I may move out for a week...lol

Hope you are all doing well. I am having emotional issues with my ex at the moment, We still need to sell and split the house, but I cant stand being in the same house as him so live at my mums for 3/4 of the week with my daughter. I do go home at weekends as I am scared he is trying to prevent me claiming my half when we sell up. Its just he is such a bully, living in the same space as him was making me ill (I actually considered suicide with his continual put downs and ranting) thank god for my lovely mum xxxxx

Hey well done on your 2lb loss, any loss is a loss closer to our goal x It was my second weigh in today and i lost 3.5lbs which i am really happy with as usually I am a slow loser.
About that totm i have read that vlcd affect come people but i cant comment on it personally as my cycles are still messed up after having my son.
Unfortunately emotionally i'm on a bit of a rollcoaster because of my son, he is going to be 13 weeks tomorrow and at a doctors checkup he said that his spine didnt feel right and as a precaution he will need a scan so still waiting for a scan letter and also because he has been sleeping on one side more his head has gone a funny shape so will be seeing a paedritician about that tomorrow. All this is a bit of a shock because my 2 daughter never had any probs when they small apart from the usual so just trying to cope the best i can.
Aww ignore your horrible ex because at the end of the day you are the better person and you can lose weight and be more confident in yourself but he will always be ****head and i doubt anything will change that x

Keep smiling JFC, sounds like tough times but wonderful that your doing this for yourself and so very worthwhile.It really does make you feel better.

well, i have only just started today and it was challenging breaking habits - im on the bars and shakes but i am sure it will get easier.I like reading everyone's updates as it really is motivating :) ive only done slimming world before but i just want to speed it up!

JFC - i know it must be tough with your ex as i have had similar issues but keep trying and be proud of the changes your making and what you know you will achieve.

Hello everyone,

Sorry I havent udated for a while. I am feeling the ketosis at last and even the add a meal week we both managed a loss so I am upbeat today. My daughter is doing well, she is developing a lovely hour glass figure to go with her beautiful face. I made my daughter contact the doctor before she started following this plan as she is only 17. She had been following a low fat healthy diet for the last year but lost only a couple of pounds and she was starting to feel she would never be slim. She is only 4ft 11 and her starting weight was 11 stone 1, but she is now in the 9s and feeling so much happier, she looks forward to getting dressed in the morning and also with her birthday party on 3rd June (she is having a fancy dress one) she is so excited to be able to choose a costume that makes her look attractive rather than one to make people laugh. I am concerned that maybe due to her height, the maintenance plan may have to be adapted as it looks like her calorie allowance should be a lot lower than someone of taller proportions which is unfair as she actualy didnt get fat by eating sweets, cakes, crisps etc but just eating normal portions of everyday food with the odd treat. Life isnt fair though is it? My 19 year old son is 6 foot 3 and can eat basicaly what he likes on a daily basis and he always looks trim. I think as I am approaching the menopause I will have to follow a similar eating plan to my daughter when this has ended as I gain weight so much quicker than when I was young. In addition to the change in diet my daughter and I have been using the treadmill daily as we are both taking part in the Midnight Walk in July (13 miles). My daughter walks 6 miles each day listening to her Ipod, I manage a mile and then get bored (think I may have to invest in an MP3 player as that seems to keep her motivated)

hope you are all doing well on your own plans....looking forward to reading all the diarys and catching up with each of you

xxxx

how do I change the title to this thread?

Hi

I started this thread just over 4 weeks ago, but its title now seems inappropriate as I am past the looking forward to day one stage and am now splodge in the middle of it :) Does anyone know anyway I can change the title or do I have to make a new thread to plot my progress from now on in?

Had a bit of a slip up last night, although no damage shown on the scales, in fact another pound loss but I suspect it may be dehydration as my slip up was of the non food but alcohol variety. I am a bit annoyed with myself to be honest. I went out with family and friends to celebrate my daughters birthday and sat through everyone eating at Nandos, while I supped my water, then later in the cinema when we went to see the new Johhny Depp film (which is brilliant btw)...everyone around eating popcorn, sweets etc... whilst i had a black coffee...

However on the way back home, someone in our group suddenly invited everyone to their home for drinks. I went along intended to carry on being good (by this time it was past midnight and I had no urge to eat or drink). Arrived inside, my son made everyone sex on the beach cocktails, (except me) and everyone was getting merry and chatting, having a good time. I felt like a right old party pooper... My son who knows a lot about nutrition (from the body building and getting lean using keto - in a high protein prospective) told me that certain spirits were virtually carb free and shouldnt affect my ketosis. I wanted to beleive him so started to look through the spirits on offer, sadly the only one I found that I could enjoy was peach schnapps (far too sugary to be innocent). I had rather too much, thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the evening. I have however woken up this morning feeling angry that I caved in, just to be the same as everyone else...

I still dont have an appetite and am back on total solutions., but I just wish I had more willpower at times like that.

I have a gorgeous photo to upload of my daughter by the way, she has done so very well on this diet and I am very proud of her

hope you are all doing well

xxx

my daughter after losing 1 stone and 6 pounds !

33941_3941874986672_1273884087_3630221_1321243054_n.jpg

Back