Looking forward to restarting :-)

icklerockchick

slow but steady!
Been off sw for about 2years though a lot of the recipes I still use because I like them so much! Put on a fair bit of weight recently due to broken ankle and boredom (off work for over 7weeks still got 6 to go) . So the time has come to jump back on the sw wagon :) been reading the forum for ideas so think my head is back in the game! Do it from home and don't have up to date books so be relying on you lovely ladies and gents to help me on my sw journey! Clear out the junk over the weekend and be joining you all on Monday! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Best of luck with your restart, i restarted too 2 weeks ago, i do it from home too as i don't have time to go back to the groups. Im sure you will get back on it no problem. So good luck on your journey and i hope your ankle gets better :O)

Thanks good luck to you too! Just did an asda online shop so getting lots of yummy things delivered to me tomorrow, plenty healthy things and some snacks too yay!

X

hope your asda shopping came on time lol i shop online sometimes as well lol i never have the time after i finish work as im too tired. Plus i can get some pretty neat things like the quark, never ever tried it before untill last year and i love the stuff lol mixed with a mullerlite and its a lovely pudding. Hope the ankles not giving you any grief and keep it up with the healthy eating. x il be checking lol

Welcome back IRC, I'm another re-starter and also a bit of a rock chick. My favourite boredom buster at the moment is doing Zumba to Slayer :D

You'll get loads of support around here and there are loads doing SW from home :)

Good luck with the ankle xx

Thanks lovely ladies! :) yeh quark is yummy making a quiche with it for dinner! Zumba to slayer sounds like fun I got myself the Zumba DVDs just before I broke my ankle so not had a chance to try them out as I'm still on crutches. I did roller derby 9 hours a week so really missing exercise :-( x

I thought I recognised you! I used to train with RCRG but then tore my knee ligament in an unrelated accident! Used to still go to all the bouts and stuff but haven't been involved for about 2 years now (since buying a house and couldn't afford constant weekends away). My last bout was GRG vs LRD- I miss it, but it was such an expensive hobby. Are you going back to training when the ankle is fixed?

Good luck xxx

Aww that's cool I've only been doing derby for just over a year but I love it! Frustrating at times coz tbh I'm not that good at it but it's the first time I've enjoyed exercise, but yeh it's really expensive and takes up so much of my free time! Hoping to go back eventually once this ankle heals up but just need to see how it goes as shattered my ankle quite badly through both sides of it and got plates and pins put in so don't want to rush back too soon :-( bit wierd going from working full time and having 9 hours of roller derby a week (more if there's a bout on) to having no work or derby to go to :-/ xx

Have you had the pleasure of meeting Mel Ms Isle off Liverpool Roller Birds? She's me bezzy mate :D

I never went back to skating after my injury. I'm self employed so can't afford the time off. I was never any good but don't worry, you'll get there. Are you with GRG? Send my love to Viper, Mistress and Lily, I miss that lot!! Only get to see 'em on facey these days x

Ah small world eh? :D www.facebook.com/icklerockchick if you want to add me too! Yeh amazing bunch of girls, really missing my derby family while I'm off! :( GRG are off to play Dublin & Cork soon gutted not to be going a wee trip to Ireland to play some derby, would go along to watch if I could afford it but sadly sickpay is rubbish and barely covers bills & food nevermind anything else. x

Back