Looking into JUDDD

Debridger

Getting back to Target
Hi, I'm currently following SW, and currently finding it quite manageable, in the last 13weeks I've lost 18lbs - not huge losses, but regular.
I recently watched the Horizon programme eat, fast, live longer and found it exceptionally interesting, I have read up a bit on fasting and intermittent fasting over the last few days, as well as popping onto this forum for a nose about.
I like the SW way of eating proper, homemade food, increasing salad,fruit & veg and reducing the rubbish that we tend to eat, and I pretty much find it easy to follow, of course there are times that it just doesn't work.
Thing is, after finding out the huge health benefits of IF (not just weight loss) I'm feeling that this would be the right direction for me.
So, all in all I think I should hop on board JUDDDD and was thinking of 3DD a week, whilst vaguely following the principles of SW
Do you think this is possible

Sorry for waffling
Deb

Hi, JUDDD is very flexible.. it can be modified to fit most lifestyles. I can see no reason why you shouldn't have DD's & eat healthily on UD's it is after all what we all aspire to. You should however increase your intake a little on your UD;s so as to reduce the calorie deficit that you might have on an UD as eating too little on UD's appears to slow weight loss rather than increase it. if you are looking to IF for health reasons then you should benefit, however if you are looking to increase your rate of weight loss I fear you will be disappointed because JUDDD is as SW a slow but steady way of losing. However we love it!!

I read about 5:2 and its health benefits and decided to give it a go. It took me a few weeks to get the DD formula right for me, but now I love DDs so much I do three a week! The weight loss so far has not been amazing but I need to work at my UDs as sometimes I still eat too much. Good luck xxx

Thanks both of you, I'm happy with a steady, slow weight loss, a lb a week would be great, I'm not after a miracle overnight 3stone loss (would be nice though lol)

I can easily increase on a UD and still be healthy, although I do like a drink at the weekend, so have decided to incorporate SW into my UD, and plan Sun/Tue/Thu as my DD, it's easier with work too, as I'm only in the office MTW I can skip lunch once, but twice would be awkward, and Thu is my SW WI, which leaves the weekend pretty flexible

Day1 today

That sounds like a plan, good luck, I shall look forward to hearing how you go!!!

Back