Lookingforme loss log

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diaries' started by lookingforme, 11 February 2011 Social URL.

1. lookingforme

lookingforme Wnats to feel ALIVE again

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hiya ive joined today and in my mind im ready to lose wieght but its contradicting itself.

But I know today its now or never as im 44 and I have to get going. I was 16st 9lb in June 2009 and have lost slowly since then

Ive had a full hysterectomy in 2010 which I know can alter the ability to lose wieght. Plus i put a stone back on with treatment.

The Op does worry me alot, I dont want to try and then get no results.:(

Anyway I wieghed this morning and i was
    14st 9lb I would like to be 11st but just a stone off, would be good for my mind and body right now.

So thats me :)

14st 9lb

16st 9lbs in June 2009
    Started here @ 14st 9lb

Last edited: 24 May 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emma237

emma237 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    309lb
    Current Weight:
    175lb
    Goal Weight:
    159lb
    Lost(%):
    134lb(43.37%)
    Hi, Just wanted to say good luck with your weightloss. Hope your first week goes well.

4. bexh78

bexh78 Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.03%)
    Good luck, I hope that you have a really good loss this week.

This site will give you lots of inspiration x.

5. lookingforme

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Thank you for the replies i wieghed today in Boots as I found last year it was nicer going there once a week. It was more of a challange and an awaited present, part of the routine. I was 14st 10 with clothes on so still 14st 9.

I was so determined over the weekend, Ive even had salad when i was out. My mums 80th was Wensday and i had salad.
    I eat out alot never cook at home.

Had my grandaughter last night so today hasnt been good, milkybar deserts.

I was so deremined the weekend and ive just eaten a large dairy milk on my own and want to cry:cry:...why do i do it to my self :(.

I was going out on my bike tonight, that hasn't happened, just the total oppositte to what i want to happen.

Why cant i get that switch in my mind that happens and i'm there, in that mode losing wieght.

Does anyone know how to get this kick started.

I feel so awful i put my posts up yesterday with the best intentions.

I also Went clothes looking today all for 20/22s I want to do this i realy do.

Just so i can at least have a choice of nicer clothes.

I buy lovely shoes all the time as i know thats what will always fit me and i want that buzz with ,my clothes too.

My relationship with food is awfull i know this, i dont cook, i have no inspiration with food it is merely something i put in my mouth on request.

I wish i could take that choclate bar back out and ive only just eaten it....wasnt worth it, didnt even enjoy it that much, just feel yuk now:jelous:.

Please any tips please let me know. :wave_cry:

Im scared that times running out:cry:and i wake up one day and ive gone to far to get back.

Last edited: 15 February 2011
  6. lookingforme

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    My Feb 3lb isnt going anywhere, ive only been good 2 days since starting this thread.
    Although im still eating naughty things i am conciouse that i am choosing better quality foods.
    Im not sat at home evenings munching on crisps and whole sponge cakes.
    Its bannanas an satsumas, or porridge.
    Fruit is still fattening through sugar but must be a better replacement for the rubbish i was putting away.

Another bonus is my car broke forgood this weekend. :jelous:
    SO ive already walked today....not alot but more than usual.
    Now another reason to get on my push bike and hit those goals.
    Hopefully being at home i will now knuckle under and do some DIY and housework and be more active.

hope to write good news next week :p

7. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Healthy eating and willpower!
    Hello

hope you are feeling better? Losing weight isn't easy, I've been trying to lose weight for many years and succeeded once to lose 5 stone. I put it all on again and much more, so here I am final attempt.

Just started yesterday, so full of determination. My doctor told me once that your head has got to be in the right place to want to lose weight and I have fought myself over and over again to get into and stay in the right place, but after a reality check last week, I am going for it AGAIN, but this time I've got to reach the finishing line.

Maybe your hysterectomy is affecting how you are feeling about losing or not losing weight? Don't be too hard on yourself, aim for a pound a week in the early days, you might be pleasantly surprised. Don't put added pressure on yourself whatever you lose will be a bonus.

When you feel the time is right give that bike of yours a go, even for a short time every day if you can.

If you don't want to cook at home, (it would be cheaper though LOL) when you are eating out go for a healthy option, but not neccessarily a salad, it won't feed your hunger! Have some grilled chicken AND salad and one or two baby potatoes, or vegetable soup and a wholemeal roll, fill up with a yoghurt or fresh fruit salad. For snacking at home, (or when you have your grandaughter) try snack a jacks savoury or sweet when she is having a milky bar dessert!, or ryvita with cottage cheese, cucumber or tuna etc, a small packet of baked crisps (one packet is my weekend treat on a saturday) raisins, baked potato with healthy filling and salad etc etc.

Just want to wish you luck, I am 48 and A LOT heavier than you..so come on, we can do it!!!

I also feel walking and housework is a good form of exercise ( too shy for the gym) I bet you see results in no time.

8. lookingforme

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    :) Hi Rainbow rose
    Thankyou for your reply.

I am much more up beat today.

I have done more clearing up in my house this morning than i do in a week.

Ive thrown out a chest of drawers and im amazed at how quick a quick cear up can make things look better.

I have got in to a rut over the past year.
    I get up i go out, i come in and i go to bed. Its a bachelours life.

My home hasnt been a home realy.
    Im now working to change that.

I have just returned from a bike ride and i loved every minute of it!

The trouble is i forget how much i like it and the bike sits in my kitchen and stares at me. ( especailly over winter cold nights)

I havent gone far but a good 20 minute local.

2 years ago i decided that if i lost 1lb a month its less than the month before and in 10 years id be much lighter rather than much heavier.

I found it was a good way of relaxing the worry of forcing myself to much.

Im scared this time as this middle wieght has just come from no where in a matter of weeks. The scales havent changed much for the size it is??

I think middle age spread early after the OP.

That 2 years ago I used to ride 15 to 20 minutes 3 x a week and have a freddo bar on the way home as a ( treat) and i lost 3lb gauranteed weekly.

I didn't eat bread or sugar or marg at home. Thats a treat if im out but i find im sticking to it anyway.

I do crave bread terribly ...im a bread monster lol.

SO today has been a good day, a lovely day of new begings and eye opening thrills. Not just for wieght loss but for a better mind set over all...which is what i think your doctor means. I call it the click, light switch or zone.

I wish we could message on here, it would be nice to have wieght loss buddies to Instant message with. there is so much inspriration on this site. I know We can all do it together.:)

9. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Hello

well done you! what an inspirational day you've had. You are definately in the right frame of mind, I too call it a lightbulb moment..and believe me the lightbulb was shining bright last week for my reality check ;)

You can message me if you click on my name? Then I should be able to message you back ? ( I think :) )

Well done on your achievements today, I had a housework workout earlier, left me breathless, going to go for it again tomorrow now..and once I've lost a good bit of this blubber, I might even get the paintbrushes out! :eek:

10. lookingforme

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    LOL thats me tonight or tomorrow! a pretty pink and cream....thank god its not cielings - How boring!

I used to decorate all the time, bike all the time.
    The more I look the more I see my downfall is the car.

I have to have it as my mum is 80 and i visit her take her for teas etc. Also pick up my grandaughter.

Sadly i use it as an escape from the house....its time to stop.

I will be thinking of you with the skirting boards, they are so not easy but a good bit of squatting involved!;)

11. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    LOL...'60 minute makeover' eat your heart out, they'll be no stopping us ;)

Pink and cream sounds lovely. Enjoy!

Of course you need your car, don't beat yourself up when you use it.

The fact you get out and about on your bike is fantastic...I couldn't do it!

I will invest in an exercise bike though..but the type I've looked at hold a maximum of 18 stones!!!!,,so I'll need to aim to get to that quick as I can. Had an exercise bike when I lost 5 stone years ago, and loved it..radio on and pedalled away for an hour a day.

Must go and have my dinner now, my stomach is rumbling :eek:

12. lookingforme

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    My best wieght loss was with an old rowing machine with a spring on it, made a hell of a noise but shifted realy good wieght.

I brought an electric running machine last year, it stares at me daily :D:D. Thankfuly t was in a sale!

13. lookingforme

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    OK i wieghed this morning and i was 14,5 thats 4lb. i dont hold my breath though as wieght can change regular. So im going to wiegh again tomorrow. If this is a loss then im on the right track and have to set a wieghing day each week.

Ive been on my bike again today, did about 2 miles. Then I gave my 28 yr old son a backy, for a mile it killed my leg and arms as i culdnt sit on the saddle!.
    Anyone remember these in our youth.

It was very! funny. Then we meet my grandaughter after school and i walked a mile back. Then a sprint home and uphill.

Was nice to be out and about, cant belive what i missed with the car.

There was a comment of mine above regarding the amount of space on my body that was growing but i was surprised as to the lack of wieght showing on the scales.

I found a very good site last night while surfing that hit the nail on the head.

I lost alot wieght through illnes so it was quick. I lost muscle mass! when you lose muscle mass quickly by fasting what you put back on is fat but it takes up more room but same wieght.

Muscle mass can not be replaced quickly it has to be exercised in, hense the size change.

Now i have to blitz the exerciseing and take more interest in my muscle mass, and calories in to calories out.

another good day.
    Laughed, lived, saw my loved ones. Now off to Paint a wall.

Hope your all doing well today.

14. ImLosingWeight

ImLosingWeight Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    19st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.12%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    hey just dropped by to say im enjoying reading your diary and wish you lots of luck! Sounding positive lately which is great!

One thing though.. don't disregard your hard work, looks like you've lost some weight enjoy it, instead of thinking maybe scales are lying :)

go you!

15. lookingforme

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi ImLosingWieght.
    Thank you for your reply, i'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. It would be nice to have a good secure loss.
    I often flucuate by 4 to 8lb llb:cry:But usually when im ill.

I had popped off to paint a wall....i've done 3 and the 4th after this cup of Tea.

Cant belive how long i've sat looking at these wallsand its taken me one night to cure it.

Do suffer with depression quiet a bit...could win a million when im low and it wouldnt make any difference. So painting a wall is like scaling the Alps!

As you say thou i'm positive lately.
    Think its the exercise and less junk food, it's so nice that you notice.
    I like nothing more than sharing the loooove lol.

I will have a good read and catch up of your journey too.

Will update tomorrow :D

16. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Well done on your weight loss, it will be okay and accurate I bet, keep those positive thoughts.

Good for you on the painting, I'm still thinking about it ;)

wow, that was a good workout on the bike, 'baccys' and everything well done.

Its my weight which makes me down and depressed and doing something about it at last and for the final time has made my way of thinking and mood a whole lot better already!

Keep up the good work, I look forward to reading more.

17. lookingforme

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Morning Rainbow OOps afternoon, lol i went to bed at 7. But the room looks beautifull. A bit of the old me popping back, i was always DIY, cleaning, mending my car. I was never still and i think thats part of my problem now.

I Havent wieghed today, i picked through the night ( good stuff). I will go to bed properly tonight and have a look tomorrow.

Maybe Friday could then be my wieghday?
    Has anyone found a difference to the day they wiegh. Im just thinking aloud, wieghing on the Friday could make me confident for the weekend but also to confidnt and cheesy chips and kebabs etc when im out.

I will have a ponder on that one:D

Also thinking about doing a recording log. Saying "how being bigger than i need to be is effecting my life, my moods, , depression".
    Followed by the wonderful feeling of achievments and upbeat things.

I remember when i last lost wieght... then put it back on. i had the memorys of my size and a few memorys of where i went and how confident i felt but it wasnt strong enough to stop me gaining.

Wish i started it 2 stone before now, that was my heaviest and my lowest mental point.

Im very lucky, I read stories on here and some long journeys ahead. Each mans suffering is that of thier own and no one can judge without being them, but i do hope I can still be an inspiration to others even though my path of life hasnt been the same.

I gave a very dear friend this website today, I hope they pop by and say hello.
    We havent congragated on a site for sometime and this is such a friendly one.

and....Im babbling again!:D:D
    Catch you laters Aligators

Last edited: 25 February 2011
  18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Hi

glad you feeling upbeat and motivated. You are so right, just try to keep occupied around the house or outside in good weather. Room sounds lovely.

Monday works for me, because it starts my week of feeling motivated and determined and IF I should feel wobbly by friday, I know I'll be weighing in on monday and I don't want to undo any good work, so I grit my teeth and get through the weekend, with a good feeling on a sunday bedtime, knowing in a few hours I can jump on the scales again...it works for me!

Its when I stay the same or lose half a pound, I feel sad and want to give up, but that was before, not this time, nothing is going to stop me now and I am sure not going to start all over AGAIN ;)

I too have a list of things I want to do around the house in the coming weeks, so it will keep me away from the fridge, I also ordered an exercise bike this afternoon, GOT to commit this time, the bike has worked for me before, I can even watch diet programmes while exercising :)

Good luck for today and over the weekend

20. lookingforme

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi Rainbow
    I may wiegh on a Monday then, it does sound much better and i wouldnt want to undo the weeks work at the wkend!.

I posted regarding the bike on your thread :)

Quiet night tonight, then out tomorrow nigt and prob have my Grandughter over Sunday Night dependant on Paint fumes:(

21. MaisieMoodle

MaisieMoodle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.68%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating.
    I agree with Rose about weighing in on a Monday for all the same reasons...... especially helping me not to pig out on the weekends, undoing all my hard work. I tell myself whatever it is I want, whatever I'm craving (usually chocolate!) that I can have it on Monday after I've weighed myself and 9 times out of 10 by the time Monday comes the craving has passed and I don't want it anymore. Works for me anyway! :)

22. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Good advice Maisie, must try that when I do crave something :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.