Loose skin

Doirin

Positivity is the key
Hi all,
I am about to embark on Lipotrim and as I said in my first post I tend to look at everything a hundred times before I do it ( except popping things into my mouth, that is) that is why I am still this weight!!!!
I suppose one of the things that has always put me off losing weight quickly was the fear of having even more loose skin than I do already. I have a tummy that hangs down already, due to large weight gain, no exercise and 3 lovely sons. I did find last year when I dieted and exercised it did rise a bit. But when I stopped this it returned back to where it was before and probably worse.
I am worried that I will be left with an 'apron' flap of skin and the thoughts of a tummy tuck terrifies me. I am not looking for a way out of beginning the diet (honestly :(:(:() but would love to know was this a fear for others and what they did to overcome it. If this was surgery then tell me that as well. I can take it, I am a big girl??? :sigh::sigh::sigh: yeah I know that's why I am here in the first place :eek::eek::eek:
Thanks in advance

Doirin:confused:

I had the same fear too about my hangy down tummy, but its actually shrinking as I'm losing weight. It's never going to be perfect, but I reckon that once I get to goal and up my exercise it'll be hardly noticeable and I'll be able to bin my magic knickers

Just think though if you lose the weight it will be one less thing to worry about ;)

Hi all,
I am about to embark on Lipotrim and as I said in my first post I tend to look at everything a hundred times before I do it ( except popping things into my mouth, that is) that is why I am still this weight!!!!
I suppose one of the things that has always put me off losing weight quickly was the fear of having even more loose skin than I do already. I have a tummy that hangs down already, due to large weight gain, no exercise and 3 lovely sons. I did find last year when I dieted and exercised it did rise a bit. But when I stopped this it returned back to where it was before and probably worse.
I am worried that I will be left with an 'apron' flap of skin and the thoughts of a tummy tuck terrifies me. I am not looking for a way out of beginning the diet (honestly :(:(:() but would love to know was this a fear for others and what they did to overcome it. If this was surgery then tell me that as well. I can take it, I am a big girl??? :sigh::sigh::sigh: yeah I know that's why I am here in the first place :eek::eek::eek:
Thanks in advance

Doirin:confused:

heya, i see ur in ireland too!! cool,,,ya i was 15stone and now im 12'9! my belly has completely lifted and i walk and use a slendertone belt for the tinchy wincy bit of loose skin i have! i can hardly see it! i really had this fear b4 i started, i think every1 asked that question, but believe me you wont be left with a colossal amount!! this diet is the business and if you feel that the skin is getting too loose get a slendertone belt! they're magic!!! :D

My tummy has really lifted too since starting this. I do sit ups and stomach toning exercises though to help and I think this really is the secret to it. My stomach was really big before but now it's lifted so much and has flattened so much it's really not a worry for me now.

There are much worse things to worry about out there.

Hi,
Thanks to all for the hints and encouragement.
Trivenam, I am from Kerry, sunny Kerry to be exact today. I'm getting kind of excited about it now, got my sister on board to be in my corner and give support if the rest of the family start to worry and give me a hard time, all well intentioned but soul destroying all the same - the usual about loose skin, regaining weight - this time I am armed with some determination and grit and to be honest after the year I just put down dieting should be a walk in the park. Here's to being ever hopeful eh!

Hi Doir,

Just keep thinking that a little lose skin is small price to pay for a slimmer healthier you, and if when you have lost all your weight and it causes a problem you can always see about surgery. You can do this, good luck!

Hi All,
thanks so much for the comments and Lou your photos are amazing, it must be great to see the newest photos of yourself and see how far you have come.

Doirin

sit ups and any think else u can manage,
also i heard ( dunno how true ) but it can take a month for skin to go bk with every stone u lose... so 4 stone = 4 months , ;)

3 children + 20 years obesity = apron tummy!!!!!!

I'm still waiting for mine to shrink back but wish I had the £5500 I need for a tummy tuck!!!!!

I do sit ups every morning and although I don't see much improvement I can feel my tummy is tighter than it was.

x

Morning Doirin.......i lost a lot of weight 5 years ago and had a tummy tuck 3 years ago............i waited a long while to see if it sprang back with exercise etc, but it didn't. So i took the leap.
Everyone is different....best to wait and see what you end up with and then see what you can do:)

Hi darlin', just want you to know that my apron tummy has shrunk amazingly and I now can't wait to go back to the gym next week to tone everything up!! From a size 20 to a very roomy size 14 and I'll be re-feeding Thursday as my reflection tells me it's time to stop!

Hi! I heard that the fact that we are drinking so much water helps the elasticity of the skin and stops the saggyness. Because your skin is so hydrated, it stops the excess skin. Hope that's true! :)

Boots are doing a 3 for 2 on their Protect and Perfect Body Serum at the moment, actually they're doing the 3 for 2 on all their No7 products I think, anyway I've decided to give their body stuff a go as it's had great reviews on firming your skin up. Fingers crossed :giggle:

Might nip and get some for my arms :)

Thanks for all the advice, I suppose I should walk before I run and actually get to the healthy weight first before I worry about everything else. My chemist did recommend slendertone (as did Trivenam) as well as a possible help as time goes by and I also heard the body firming serums can work. Here's hoping drinking all this water will do most of the job though.
Doirin

Back