Loosing the extra me!

Sparkswillfly

At a very uncomfortable 19st I have about 10stone to loose.

Why have I never done it before? I have, not all of it, but over half. I've been told that if I want to stand a better chance of getting a place at university I need to have a BMI of 30 or below (NHS Student!)

So here I am on my second day of Weight Watchers, ready to shed this massive burden!

Welcome and good on you for joining Weight Watchers.
I also started at 19stone and want a total loss of 10stone. Just thought I would say, what an absolute load of rubbish that is about not standing a chance at Uni/NHS student because your BMI is over 30. I know plenty of people who are NHS students with BMIs in the 40s, although it does give you a motivation to lose weight :) I really want to do Nursing followed up by Midwifery in the future, I need to retake my GCSEs in September to get the grades needed to do my A levels :(. What are you hoping to study at Uni? xx

Hi firstly well done for starting weight watchers :) I am currently on my forth week of the cambridge diet and started at 20st 4lbs and I have lost 1.5 stone up to now :) I just wanted to reply as I am currently a second year midwifery student and with a bmi over 40! To be honest there are a fair few in the cohort that have high bmi and I am pretty sure it will not effect you getting a place at uni x

Although most of my relatives are slim. I have a couple in the family who are doctors and a few of their friends I have met in the same profession are overweight BMIs well over 40. But it is great you have got started as I think that is one of the hardest bits. This is a great place for support when you have a good deal to lose. I have heard WW is a really good easy plan to follow so good luck with that.

MY BMI was in it's 50's when I did my nurse training and I passed all of my OSCEs (basic life support, control and restraint, manual handling etc). They may advise you to lose weight and I was even sent to occupational health...... but if you are physically capable of doing the job, they cannot refuse you onto the course-that would be a clear case of discrimination!

Back