Loosing The Weight and Loose Skiin

Bijoux

Fat Fighter
I know you are bound to have some loose skin as with this diet the weight loss is fast and some have lots of weight to lose, but is there any way to reduce this effect? Plus for those who have lost the weight and ended up with loose skin, have you tried anything that works and makes it better?

It would be nice to hear from people who have lost around 6-7 stone. Thanks. :)

I've lost 4st and i'm hoping to have a tummy tuck as my abdomen is a mess, wrinkled skin and an overhang yuk!!

I was thinking of something a bit less invasive. Maybe classes at the gym or exercises than can help during or after the diet to help you tone up.

I lost 6 stone last year, and I swear by swimming. I've said this loads, but it is honestly the best excersise you can do.
I know it's daunting putting your cozzie on and showing all your wobbly bits, but swimming is amazing excersise. It's mega toning, works all the muscles at once, low-impact on your joints, will help eleviate some of those aches and creaks and I personally think is mega calming.

I found I had mimimal loose skin (less than my mate who only needed to lose 3 stone and is the same age as me), plus my arms and thighs looked great.

At first I went to Ladies only sessions, cos that's less intimidating. I also did aqua areobics, which I found (not being nasty) had quite a few overweight ladies in which makes you feel more at ease.

Once your in the water, no one can see you! I used to wrap a towel round me and hang it up at the side of the pool to mimimise exposure time!
Plus once I started to lose weight I loved checking myself out in my cozzie and seeing how noticable it was becoming.

Good Luck with your Jouney x x

Thanks for replying. That is mega helpful. I can do swimming and aqua aerobics looks like so much fun. Now to find a swim suit that fits properly ... tricky!!

Swimming sounds like a good idea, i have tried in vain to get back into walking but in the rain and freezing weather, especially in ketosis, i just can't do it, so swimming pool and wobbly bits here i come :)

Will probably have to have an uplift for my boobs tho at the end of this, I can't see them surviving !!!

Talking about boobs, I have always had a big bust even when I was smaller and I wonder what will happen when I lose alot of weight. I have lost 2 stone so far. I was a 46F and now am a 42F ..... am baffled.

I've lost just over 4 stone and our starting BMI's were about the same. I use lots of skin cream but the only place I can feel loose skin so far is in my hands. People generally say to leave it a year to allow your body time to adjust.
I have started to run 3 - 4 times a week which has helped with toning my legs.
Good luck with your journey

Talking about boobs, I have always had a big bust even when I was smaller and I wonder what will happen when I lose alot of weight. I have lost 2 stone so far. I was a 46F and now am a 42F ..... am baffled.

I too have a similar problem, I was a 40HH and now i am a 36HH !! Big wappers i know, i have always had large boobs and for my size, quite a small back... the problem is as i lose weight i can see the droop :( Not that i was ever that pert to start with lmao..

i really think i'll need a lift by the end :(

Anyone on here had a succesful one?

Hiya, I have found that drinking plently of water really does help and also any kind of toning exercises, swimming is great and also legs bums and tums classes, core stability , any kind of basic yoga or pilates too :D
As for creams, I love shea cocoa butter, seems to work the best for me. I have terrible stretch marks on my arms,back,front,legs..well pretty much everywhere and it has decreased the darkness of them.

my best mate is preggers and is at me to go swimming but my old cossie is well past it now, having been used to death and i have another one somewhere... i just need to find it. have no idea whether it will fit though. can't imagine having a cossie that's too BIG. ha.

abz xx

I've lost just over 4 stone and our starting BMI's were about the same. I use lots of skin cream but the only place I can feel loose skin so far is in my hands. People generally say to leave it a year to allow your body time to adjust.
I have started to run 3 - 4 times a week which has helped with toning my legs.
Good luck with your journey

Thanks a lot for your post. It is so reassuring and useful.

My stomach and chest are the only areas really but I figure I have nearly 4 more stone to lose and then theres the few months after they say. I'm not holding out for perfection as there is no way but I do think it will improve.

Ive been doing some cardio and lifting some weights so my arms and legs have toned up well but as I said still plenty to lose round the middle.
General idea seems to be keep well hydrated and try and do some exercise as you go, which does get far easier as 1 you loseweight and 2 your body gets used to it. Dont worry about it for a bit though.
Apparently its all in your genetics anyway and it doesnt matter how long you take to lose the weight.

Good luck, youve made a great start. :)

Last edited:

At my largest I was a 42F - now more or less at goal and am a 30/32 F - would seem that you lose inches from the back but the cup proportionately!!

Back