loosing weight for health reasons

hi everyone

ive got massive knee problems and have been told if i lose weight ill have relief and if i dont have the relief they will give me surgery. so im joining a class after day day (thursday). just wondered if anyone else is in a similar boat. i think i need to lose between 5-8stone. will i be able to manage this in the next year? i have done weight watchers in the past but want to learn to cook so thougt this would be ideal. any ideas greatly appreciated.

happy dieting:D

hi, just wanted to say hello and wish you luck for you're plan. By the way how's wallsend? haven't been there for a couple of years, me mum's from high howden:D

Hello & Welcome. Similar to you - I have back problems which surgery has failed to fix and have been told that I have to lose weight to stop putting so much pressure on my joints (being told you have the back of a 80 year old when you are 30 is all the incentive I needed).

I have lost 1st 3lbs so far in 12 weeks, and can already feel the difference - less back ache, able to walk further and faster.

Whether you can lose all the weight you want to in a specific time frame is really down to how your body adjusts to SW. some people lose weight v quickly and others, alot more slowly, but what is for sure if that SW is far less restricitive than normal diets, meaning that you are more likely to stick with it once you start, and also more liklely to keep the wieght off once you get to your target

Best of luck x.

If it is any consolation I have nearly lost 3 stone and my back, knees and ankles used to hurt...but no longer. This is one of the reasons I decided to lose weight.
Go for it and you will feel so much better!!
Good luck
xx

I'm similar to you. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I was told if I lost weight it would help my joints. I had about 4 stone to lose and have lost 10lb since the end of feb. Hopefully it'll help and mean that I'm doing less damage to my joints.

Thanks for replying its good to know it works for people it makes me more determined and think if everyone else can so can i.

i go swimming on a monday, wednesday and Friday before work do 40 lengths takes me about half an hour but my knees are starting to feel better but i no if i was lighter it would help me even more

Hi Wallsend slimmer is that the wallsend next to where I live in walkerville :D

I am having a small problem with my knee I suspect from being overweight.

I would go swimming but feeling to shy for a cossie yet :D

Back