loosing weight from the wrong places!?

loolahoop

Silver Member
is anyone else experiencing this!?
when i started out to loose weight my main concern was my belly/hips, so thats mainly what i have been judging my weightloss on when i look in the mirror, well i see a photo of myself the other day and my shoulders, neck, collar bone and face all look really thin! i would LOVE to loose more from my belly/hips, but i have upped my traget by 3lbs because i dont want to loose any more from my top half...is there antything i can do about this or is it just the way my bidy carries and looses fat? and i just have to deal with it? lol x

It's obviously just your natural shape. Exercise can help with toning, but the weight will come off where nature decides hun.

is anyone else experiencing this!?
when i started out to loose weight my main concern was my belly/hips, so thats mainly what i have been judging my weightloss on when i look in the mirror, well i see a photo of myself the other day and my shoulders, neck, collar bone and face all look really thin! i would LOVE to loose more from my belly/hips, but i have upped my traget by 3lbs because i dont want to loose any more from my top half...is there antything i can do about this or is it just the way my bidy carries and looses fat? and i just have to deal with it? lol x

I think, sadly, we have little control over where we lose weight as its largely genetic but think its one of those things that lots of people struggle with. Toning type exercises might help with the tummy area but just depends on how much it bothers you when you have your clothes on. I do think that it can be hard though as we tend to have less fat stores in our faces and upper body so changes here can seem more drastic than in tummy/hips. I feel ok with clothes on but I have to say that my tummy feels a bit like it was post pregnancy, you know, the jelly-belly thing that nobody tells you about! Spanx are still required where the lumps and bumps can be seen. Also I think as we get older weight loss isn't as kind to the face as it may have been when younger as we naturally lose the collagen stores anyway. I think you are a lot younger than me so might not affect you as much. Maybe it's also about getting used to seeing a change in your face in the mirror and it can be easy to focus on a certain part of the body that bothers us rather than focussing on the bits that we feel happier about. I know I'm guilty of that!! :)

thanks for the replies :) i have had 4 kids, so i know i will have more fat stored around those places and i totally know what you mean about he jelly belly thing peacelily! lol
in general i happy in my clothes now, imnever gonna be the kinda persin that flaunts herself in a bikini anyways so i dont know why im that bothered lol, and yep same as u peacelily, if im looking rather lumpy and bumpy in certain clothes then the spanx come out and all is sorted haha. in the new year though (and ill hopefully be at target - 3.5lb to go...hopefully a little closer tonight :) ) i do want to concentrate more on the exercise and toning, just wana be able to play football with my son etc without keeling over from exhaustion after 2 minutes! lol x

Loolahoop - this has happened with me too
I have lost loads from my chest and face, i can even feel and see the bones now around my collar, but still have huge thighs, bum, stomach and bingo wings. Hoping that the next stone might make an impact on them. Not sure about exercise though as I have been walking, jogging, cycling and swimming and they still look as out of proportion as before

The same thing has happened to me. I'm also losing weight from my chest, which I am not happy about :)

I've found that the weight came off everywhere other than my stomach for a fair while, and now I am getting nearer to target, it is coming off my tummy, so it has just taken a while to balance out.

Back