Lorna's (very excited about Dukan) diary

welshbrummie

I had been starting to feel that i was unable to lose weight, that i had unsurmountable control issues borne out of a flawed chartacter, that i was destined to carry 40lb extra for the rest of my (obesity shortened) life. Diabetes was highly likely, heart disease a probability, and low self esteem a given.

But now i have hope: When i read the book i felt as tho Dr D was talking directly to me. The parts that really resonated were about the overweight being "all or nothing" types and needing very strong guidlines. I can SO relate to that and am responding well to the strictness. And feel that finaly my efforts ar paying off.

When i did Slimmingworld and was told "eat as much rice as you like", i went and ate pounds of the stuff. Same goes for belly pork on Atkins, nuts on the Primal Blueprint, full fat youghurt on the Harcombe and so on and so on. No wonder i struggled to lose every half pound (even in the 1st week).
But there is only so much low fat protien one can eat before feeling quite satisfied and unable to swallow another morsel

I have lost 4lb in five days which is remarkable for me. I realise that the weight loss will slow considerably as i progress but still, 4lb in 5 days!!! It took me months to lose that amount of weight on any other plan. Furthermore i went straight from Atkins to Dukan so was already fairly well keto-adapted (and have been for many months without any significant weight loss). So havent suffered any of the infamous Dukan sideeffects.

My concern now is: When do i move on to cruise?
The book says up to 10 days but that 5-7 days should be enough. I'm likely to do 10 days and am tempted to think about staying in attack for longer.

Is that alllowed?

Does anyone have any information/opiniomn on that?

Hiya, I'm a Brummie :)

I've only been doing the plan 2 weeks so I'm by no means an expert, the girls will chip in I'm sure. If you go on the Dukan website it should give you some guidance on how long to do attack before moving onto cruise & give you your true weight. It said I was to do attack for 6 days but ended up doing it for 8. I didn't lose anymore weight doing the extra 2 days but I think from reading a few diaries everyone path has been different, so that doesn't mean it would be the same for you & I am a few stone heavier than you.

Good luck, I look forward to reading how you are getting on

go to the dukan website and do the questionaire which will give you the number of days aqttack to do, there is no benefit to prolonging the attack phase for longer as the weight lost here is only water weight. your body needs veg and the next phase cruise is where the real weight is lost ;)

eta ive just looked at your stats and you dont have an awfull lot to lose, my attack period was 5 days with over 5 stone to lose so you defo dont need to be doing 10 days in attack

still feeling positive.
Started cruise yesterday - how great are tomatoes when you havent had veg for a week?

I had:
mushroom omlette
Home made chicken and veg soup (mmm)
chicken tikka and onions
And handfulls of tomatos
Great!

lost 4lb on my 6 day attack phase and wont weigh again untill the weekend.

PV again tomorrow, cant wait...

Looks good menu for your start of cruise - good luck with the plan - it really does work!

thanks trudyc. Wow your stats are great! did you lose the 7 1/2 stone on dukan? and in only 8mth? that's amazing

Loving the pv days - veg tasting soo good -raw carrots and peppers deliciously sweet. Who knew?

B yoghurt & oatbran
L Homemade chicken and veg soup, ham, salad, cottage cheese
D bolognaise

had a rough day yesterday, couldnt keep away the feeling of hunger and went ever so slightly off plan at the end of the day - Managed to contain the damage tho:

B - Dukan Gallett
L x 1 Ham salad (from home) plus cottage cheese
L x 2 Ham salad (subway)
S - Makerel in brine
D - bologniase (my own), hake fillet

25g cheddar
15g of 100%cacao chocolate (ie. pure chocolate - no sugar)

Life very unsettled at the mo, i'v only been in my job for 2 month, and, after a burglary 3 weeks ago we are moving house. Plus i have 2 boys age 5 and 3, and a touch of PMS.

So recon that I can be forgiven under the circs.
I don't know what i weigh as the batteries have run out in my scales. Just gonna keep going, PP today

Missed breakfast cos i forgot to eat!! shant do it again cos Dr D says it's not good - but i was too busy running kids to school, packing boxes, emptying cupboards

NEVER thought i would hear myself say i forgot to eat (secretly chuffed)

Just had gammon steak for lunch, dont know if thats allowed - twas great anyway

Think i'll cook a chicken this afternoon incase i start to wobble, i'll have something to pick at.

Last edited:
WB, gammon stalled me before I knew it wasn't recommend, its to high in salt makes us retain water, so I'd drop it like a hot brick x

WelshBrummie, sorry to hear life is so unsettled at the moment. Keep your head down girl, drive through it and don't be too hard on yourself for little slip-ups.

Have a good, rainy day today!

P x (a Black Country girl!)

Hi WelshBrummie. Glad to read you're now cruising. I really would alternate pv with pp days initially, in cruise, that way you're less likely to end up feeling out of control. Moving, working, and 2 small boys - you have your hands full! As you say, the good thing is you barely have time to think about food; the bad thing is, though, this diet requires some thought. I would keep a fridge full of hard-boiled eggs and maybe low fat ham to munch on, and don't forget to keep drinking. Good luck!

thanks for the advice folks, i'm still cruizin, and still positive. Had a bottle of wine at the weekend tho - i know that's not allowed but - hey ho, needs must.

Hey Pauline, i'm only a few miles from you in Quinton - not quite Black Country, but nearly

I went and bought batteries for my scales...

SEVEN POUNDS OFF!! in 13 days - unheard of for me, i'm delighted.
That was Saturday and i shant weigh again untill next wk end - can't cope with the highs and lows of frequent weighing.

PP today - wasn't prepared, no time for shopping

B - Galllett
L - Fresh Salmon, ham, yoghurt
D - tin mackerel, cottage cheese, 3 eggs
And then i went and ate 5 walnuts, 7 almonds and 5 cashews - but that's ok, i'm forgiven.

PV tomorrow and menu is planned, i already have chicken and veg soup and bolognaise cooked and ready to go. cant wait..

Last edited:
OMG! another 3lb off, that makes 10lb in 3 weeks!! How good is that???????????????
It took me nearly a year to lose that at Slimming World.

I'm loving this Dukan thing - i always thought it too extreme being low fat and low carb, but it's ok, really ok.
The alternating pp/pv really works for me because i cant have the same thing every day and am forced to make an effort (or just have steak and eggs, which is also great)

Tried the oatbran muffins this week - FAB!

I cant believe that i've wasted so much time trying to lose weight, all those years and months of deprivation and guilt and failure.
The loss of self esteem, the financial cost, the frustration for my family.

What's best about Dukan tho is the knowledge that the restriction wont be forever, that after 3-6 months of sustained effort i shall be liberated from the millstone that i've been lugging around for so long. I'm therefor finding it easy to resist all the things that before broke my resolve.

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

Ha, Lorna, have you paused for breath now?! ;)

Only joking - your post is infectiously positive. :)

Well done!

P x

Well done Lorna!! Im like you takes me ages to lose any weight, but this eating plan is fab!! Good luck and keep up the good work, its really helpful to read other peoples diaries to get tips and words of encouragement.Cx

Hi Lorna, glad you are on the dukan bus and as excited as me about the way it makes you feel! the muffins are soooo lovely I enjoy them throughout the day I use silicone cup cases and get 12 out of a mixture so 6 a day woo hoo!!
Well done on your fab weight loss so far, this feeling of being IN control whilst on dukan is great eh! Have a great dukan weekend ;-)

well done :D

Wow great guns well done x

Managed to lose another 2lb last week despite the copious quantities of wine at the weekend woohoo!

That makes 13lb in 4 weeks. Amazing!!

Back on plan this week having lost it a bit last week, what with a visit to my parents in Wales and a massive night out with a bunch of mental health professionals (boy can they drink..)

So yesterday was PV and i ate handfuls of tomatos with my salmon and a whole bunch of asparagus with chicken (great combo)

Today PP
B Chicken&cottage cheese omlette
L roast beef plus a bit of pastrami
D Stir fried beef strips 3 dukan muffins and ff yoghurt

Also, I have discovered sugar free maple syrup from the low carb megastore - FAB FAB FAB - but is it really allowed?

WELL DONE! Dukan is so fab isnt it! I had alook at low carb store there were loads of things I kept thinking 'can we have that ?? I dunno what the carbs/fat/protein etc need to be !

Nice going Lorna!! your flying now! Keep up the good work!

I know all about MH professionals, and its all true!! ;)

Back