Lose skin surgery

*Emsie*

Gold Member
Has anyone had this or have any information on this? Especially for upper arms.
Its that time of the year when people are showing off their bodies and the fact that even wearing a t-shirt shows off horrible saggy stretch marked skin is getting me down :sigh:
So many tops/dresses etc seem to be vest/strappy or capped sleeves and I feel concious or wear something to cover it like a cardi and then that stands out. I kept my cardi on at work Fri and someone commented a few times aren't you hot etc

I'm seriously starting to consider looking into it further as the thought of it always being like this or getting worse as I get older is crap!

I'm not sure of costs/risks/benefits etc though

My friend had a gastric bypass in Europe somewhere, then a year or so later had everything cut off, lifted, implants etc. For what she had done she didn't pay a massive amount, on her recommendation another friend went and had her implants done at the same place. Both very happy - Can't remember where they had it done though!

I'm in the same boat Emsie but could never consider surgery (hospital phobic - certainly wouldn't go in voluntarily!). I've just bought some Wingz - check out my diary for the story if you're interested! They were on Dragon's Den: Wingz Fashion I'm wearing them for the first time right now and they're ok! Doesn't help me with a swimsuit unfortunately - my arms are the main reason I won't contemplate getting in one, but that's a different gripe isn't it.

I had a friend who lost about 10 stone and then had a lot of surgery to remove loose skin from her arms, stomach, the works, but she was quite rich and had it done privately, you wouldnt known she'd had anything done just looking at her, it was amazing. Another friend back in the early 90's had bingo wings removed on the NHS, I cant remember much about it as its a long time ago, but I dont think you'd get that sort of thing on the NHS these days, I dont know how much it'd cost privately.

I have a "triple-section" stomach and would LOOOOOVE to get shut of it but I know its never going to be an option so I just have to learn to love it and wear suck-your-guts-in pants for important functions.

I have however noticed that over time, the old bingo wings have diminished by themselves a bit, they are still there but nowhere near as flopsy-bunny as they used to be. Hopefully 30DS will assist a little with that too.

Maybe see your gp. I went last month to see about a tummy tuck...... He nearly laughed me out of the office saying it was for overweight people. When I explained that at my biggest I was over 18 stone (I'm at target) he then took me seriously. After being overweight for 10+years and two children later my stomach is gross. He took a look and said to come back in a year if I keep the weight off and he will refer me. So it may be an option on the nhs for you. They can only say no. Worth a try.

Back