Lose the baby weight challenge

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Food Diaries' started by slimmeragain, 25 May 2010 Social URL.

1. slimmeragain

slimmeragain Member

Well hello there folks.

This is second week of a rejoin to SW. The first time I joined 3 years ago I managed to shift 5 stone. My weight has always been an issue until I found SW now I eat well and have managed to keep the weight off. But I have just had another baby, she is 6 months old and so its time to get cracking at what I know will work.

Somehow, I managed to gain 2lb in my first week on EE. You guys have explained a few things to me and I think I know where I went wrong. If you are used to green and red EE seems so difficult but I love the flexibility and so I will give it another go.

Anyhoo, enough chatter. Here we go...Extra Easy

Brekkie: Apple, banana and herbal tea with sweetener

Snack: Muller light yoghurt and and apple

Early lunch: Tuna pasta salad with spring onions, carrots, cucumber and 2 tbsp extra light Mayo (1.5 syns)

Snack: Mini stir fry with egg noodles, king prawns, chillies, celery, mushrooms and onion and 1 tbsp parmasan (1.5 syns) With Banana

Dinner: SW chips with an omelette containing grated carrots, spring onion, mushrooms, tomato and chillies.

Late evening snack (still to eat): Ready Brek (HE B) with 175ml whole milk (HE A)

1 Choccy Digestive (4.0 syns)
    1 Custard Cream (3.0 syns)

Total syns: syns

Now ladies, have I done this right so far. I have made sure that I am following the 1/3 Super free rule which isn't that hard as it actually isn't that much. The ratios work quite nicely I think.

I am a massive eater, you'll see as the days go on, lol! :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emmaleonie1984

emmaleonie1984 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimminworld
    Hiya hun, menu looks good! Im Emma and i have a baby daughter who is nearly 7 months! Ive found it really hard to shift the baby weight. Do you mind if i check on your diary for inspiration? Ive had such a rubbish week and i know im going to gain this week xx

4. slimmeragain

slimmeragain Member

Hi Emma,

of course I don't mind, we can knock ideas about if you like.

Baby weight can be a bugger to shift but we will get there in the end. Sorry you've had a bad week, don't beat yourself up though as it happens to all of us.

How long have you been following the plan?

5. emmaleonie1984

emmaleonie1984 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimminworld
    ive only been on plan for two weeks, first week great, 2nd week unbelievably bad lol! I had a mummy and babys lunch where food was provided, a bbq, a christening, and then i just felt sorry formyself lol

Emx

6. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    hiya/ congrats on baby./
    I have a 5 month old and am now 5 lbs away from my pre preg weight and then from then on its all downhill for me lol.
    Been on it 5 weeks and lost 16lbs!

Good luck.
    xxxx

7. slimmeragain

slimmeragain Member

Hi guys,

Its nice to know there are a few more ladies in the same boat as me! Good luck! It's weigh in night tonight, so keep your fingers crossed. x

Red day today. I thought I would stick with Extra Easy but as they say, "variety is the spice of life". Besides, I kept thinking about those Morrison's sausages!

I have decided that no matter what plan I have for the day I will eat fruit and yougurt up and till lunch time. That way I can be sure to get in plenty of super free foods. Here is what I have eaten so far...

Brekkie and all snacks until lunch: Fresh Pineapple, 2 apples, 2 bananas, 1 Muller light Yoghurt (on special at Tesco, 6 pack for £3)

Late lunch (Ava and I walked to Morrison's to get the scrummy sausages, only just got back): Peppered Mackerel (1.0 syn per 28g. I had 56g so 2.0 syns), 2 scrambled eggs, grilled tomatoes and 1 Morrison's Eat Smart sausage (0.5 syns).

Dinner: Two small chicken breast stuffed with Extra Light Soft Cheese, cracked black pepper and garlic. Served with carrots and broccoli.

Chocolate digestive 4.0 syns
    Cookie 2.0 syns

Total syns 9.5

I have lost a grand total of 1lb. I wasn't thrilled initially but a loss is a loss and at least it means that I am doing something right!

Last edited: 26 May 2010
  8. slimmeragain

slimmeragain Member

Extra Easy

Right,

I lots a 1lb last night. I was a bit upset, wanted to lose at least 2lb but a loss is a loss. Onwards and upwards...

Brekkie and all snacks until lunch: Apple, 1 1/2 bananas, fresh pineapple, Muller light yoghurt, 2 herbal tea's with sweetener.

Lunch: 2 Eat Smart sausages (1.0 syns), SW chips with broccoli and carrots.

Snack 4 Ryvita original with with jam (2.0 syns)

Dinner:Salmon with roasted vegetables.

Supper: Stir fry with king prawns, chillies, mushrooms, onions

Last edited: 28 May 2010
  9. slimmeragain

slimmeragain Member

Green Day:

Brekkie and all snacks until lunch: Banana, 2 herbal teas, one Muller light (felt bloated so kept it light)

Lunch: SW chips, eggs and beans

Dinner: Stir fried rice (using Veetee Basmati (1.5 syns per tub), mushrooms, prawns (113 g HE B), spring onions, grated courgettes and carrots, chillies

Snack: 4 Ryvita original (HE B) with jam (2.0 syns) and 28g cheddar (HE A)
    Choc digestive 4.0
    Cookie 2.5

10 syns in total

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.