Losing 100lbs the Paleo Way..

RachealG21

Its the night before I make the transition from a modern conventional eating lardy bum to a clean eating gym bunny in my quest to lose 100lbs…again!
After great success losing 100lbs previously by what can only be described as milkshake hell, I am almost back to square one. The milkshakes bought me great joy and happiness, I had nice clothes, and found myself a great boyfriend…then I found myself pregnant. Joyful, but unexpected!
9 months later and more mornings spent over the toilet than I care to remember my bundle of joy is here and she appears to have wreaked havoc on my body and left behind with her about 4 stone of fat, inconsiderate if you ask me. I wont lie, aside from the yakking I thoroughly enjoyed gaining that weight, eating what I wanted safe in the knowledge that it was acceptable for me to get fat, in fact, it was my God-given right as a pregnant woman to get fat!
Regret would be the only way I can describe how I feel about that looking back.
So here we are 8 weeks after a traumatic birth and I am finally recovered enough to hit the gym and get back on a diet but where to start? I’ve already tried every diet on the planet, and invented a few of my own, and here I am once again overweight, how do I do this once and for all?
So I hired myself a personal trainer to guide me, now there’s a man who has his work cut out for him. On my first session I was given my training programme (I’ll describe what I do on my daily posts) and advised me to go home and research the paleo diet and stick to it.
In a nutshell here is the paleo diet..
http://www.paleoplan.com/resources/paleo-plan-food-guide/
This is to be combined with strength training and some good old fashioned cardio.
Now I have already completed my first week in the gym, and today decided to walk there…I had to stop half way to sit down! How shameful! I did get a good hours cardio in when I got there and an hour of strength training but still, that illustrates just how bad a shape I am in!
So here begineth my journey through 100lbs, which starts as soon as I have said goodbye to chocolate and doritos.
I hereby vow to..
1. post EVERYTHING I eat on this blog, even if I would rather forget it
2. post all my exercise for the day on here
3. and pretty much post all my ramblings on here if it stops me eating my body weight in crisps, which is an awful lot of crisps.

A small update, just demolished some chocolate log and doritos and feel like hell, I must remember this feeling when I want to give in to a craving

Good luck on your journey :) just to let you know there's some paleo folks on the low carb forum and some generally useful posts recommending podcasts, books, websites etc.

I started paleo in may and have lost 2 stone. It was soooo hard at first but now I wouldnt do without it. I feel great! I'm not hungry all the time, and am full of energy. It's amazing!

I did fall off the wagon last Friday but felt so awful I think it'll be a while before that happens again!

I have been over there for pearls of wisdom and found some really useful info (including your diary) just decided to post here as there seems to be a wider audience!

Well done on your loss, you've set the mark for me now ;) xx

Today was a busy day, when I say busy I mean EXHAUSTING! However, feeling quite virtuous as I still managed to go to the gym even though I wanted to just come home and crawl into bed.
My dad visited today and bought chocolate eclairs...I resisted and ate cherries :D can someone come and polish my halo please? Thanks :)
OK so here is my menu and exercise for the day..
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs and bacon - now bacon isn't strictly paleo but it was in my fridge and needed eating and it was nice and quick to bung in the George Foreman while I was getting dressed
Lunch: Again not ideal, but chicken breast, I was on the move and had to stay at uni longer than expected, should have taken a packed lunch
Dinner: chicken legs, salad (spinach, rocket, lettuce, cucumber, onion, pepper, tomato, olive oil) baked sweet potato with salt and pepper
tumblr_m7zn48hZND1ruosic.jpg

Snacks: Cherries and grapes
Exercise for the day
5 Min bike warm up
Chest presses: 3x10 3kg
Chest flys: 1x15 2x10 3kg
Pullovers: 2x10 4kg
Pullbacks: 3x15 6kg
Bicep curls 1x15 2x10
hammer curls 1x15 2x10
The aim is to be able to do 3x15 for all of these, a goal which I have 3 weeks to work for
Fell shattered but good so far, wanted to do more cardio today but it has been such a busy day I haven't had the time, will make an extra effort tomorrow

Back