Step 1 Sole Source Losing 7 Stones - *FIVE* Stones gone!

Thomas23

Hi all.

I'm 23, male, 5ft 11inch, 18st 11lb. I've just come back from my first visit to my consultant and I'm starting TODAY. :D :D :D

Background:

I've struggled with my weight since I was 6-7 years old. Always a little overweight until I was 16 when I started to be really overweight and now here I am, over 7 stones overweight and I look and feel awful.

Motivation:

Actually nothing. I was looking at the mirror and said "enough is enough". I'm tired of always trying to think of not becoming more fat and never enjoy my life. This time I'm gonna do it right even if it's very tough, instead of doing it wrong all my life. I knew about Cambridge diet and emailed my local consultant at around 10pm last night. She called me in like 10 minutes and scheduled an appointment for today first thing in the morning!

I'm gonna keep updating my progress here. Helps me stay disciplined and more motivated, and hopefully help others to find the strength to kick off their way into a better life.

Last edited:
Hi - it's good you started a diary - men are a little scarce on here! Mind they do lose weight so quickly that they don't have to hang around very long.
I wish I had done this when I was 23 - I've wasted a lot of my life due to my weight. You'll be at goal in no time - the best of luck..

Hi Daisy65, you've been incredible in your journey! You should (very deservedly) feel so proud.

Day 3 over. I'm mad with hunger and I have headaches but they will pass. I haven't slipped. It's actually quite difficult to drink so much water on empty stomach. I'm also having problems sleeping.

Day 4 over... My hunger is almost gone. No more headaches. I feel very well!

Meeting my consultant tomorrow. I'm feeling a lot better now. Actually I have absolutely no appetite, no hunger and I feel amazing! Better than I've felt in ages.

Congratulations sounds like you're in full ketosis!! The first week is the hardest and time flies when you're on this diet - cant believe how quickly the last 8 weeks have gone.

Very excited to hear about your first WI!!! Keep us posted :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you Christy. Just came back from my consultant... I'm 17 st 13 lb now! I LOST 1 STONE!

I'm so excited :D

Thomas23 said:
Thank you Christy. Just came back from my consultant... I'm 17 st 13 lb now! I LOST 1 STONE!

I'm so excited :D

Wow!!! That is amazing!!! Congratulations - Daisy was right, we won't be seeing you on here for very long with that kind of loss ? Well done, you should feel very proud Thomas xx

Its this strange feeling that I have in the past few days. I feel good and at the same time I feel strange. Somehow like I'm a different person but not exactly. It's difficult to describe.

Is this because of ketosis?

Hard to say, I can only describe the way I feel is that I have a lot more energy, my body feels a bit tingly all the time and it is strange having no appetite - I have to agree that I do not feel like the normal 'me', more like an exhilerated version of me. Not sure if this what you mean when you say you do not feel like you x

Hard to say, I can only describe the way I feel is that I have a lot more energy, my body feels a bit tingly all the time and it is strange having no appetite - I have to agree that I do not feel like the normal 'me', more like an exhilerated version of me. Not sure if this what you mean when you say you do not feel like you x

Yeah to some extent, that's it.

I am putting the tingling down to ketosis but I think the energy is coming from the fortified food suppliments - that said I am no professional, just my own opinion

Looking forward to see how you get on with being so young you're just right to go for it now!
Enjoy your life being a thin young man !

Well done ChristyT! And Thomas23!! I'm defo in Ketosis right now and got that tingly feeling - a little weak at times and now getting a bit of a furry tongue and stale breath! Nice! But feeling thinner so all good eh?!! Stick with it guys. It's all soooo worth it.

Thanks everyone.

I can feel I'm a little slimmer now. All my cloth fit easier now. I'm just amazed by how easy this diet is. I don't feel hunger, need for food, craving, absolutely nothing. I don't even think of food anymore.

I'm hoping to get below 13 stones by Christmas.

Weigh in tomorrow... I'm so excited!

Lost 4.5 lbs this week (6 days). Two inches gone from my waist. I was expecting a bit more but hey, I'm losing weight :)

Congratulations!!! That's a great loss Thomas - you nearly lost a stone and a half in just 2 weeks - that's pretty fantastic.

Hope week 3 is going well!!!

Well done Thomas :) that's cracking work...

A loss is a loss :) us blokes should stick together..

What's your target weight (on iPad so can't see)

Back