losing hope...help needed

skinny-mummy

as the title says im losing hope with ww now.

this is my first time at PP, although i did the old point system a few years ago anf lost very quickly, especially int he first month.

my second weigh in was on sunday the 4th. i had lost 1lb, i also lost 1lb the week before.
not fast weight loss but i was happy enough that it was going down.

had a look on the scales today (weight in day is sunday really) and i had gained 3lbs.

so i started at 14.12 and now im 14.13....

i dont understand how this can happen? im so upset and so close to quitting.

can anyone offer any advice?

Your weight can alter on a daily basis and even on a time of day basis - thats why you should only weight yourself weekly. We are all guilty of this (I know I am) but when its hot weather your body retains water, the same if its TOTM. Dont despair and dont give up, it will come off. Some people lose it quickly, others like me, lose it slowly and its just not fair. But keep at it, you are in the long haul, not just a couple of weigh ins. Good luck

Sue

Well, according to my scales; mon11.12
Tues11.10
Wed11.12.........
No more sneek peeks for me, it "ruins" all my good intentions!

as the title says im losing hope with ww now.

this is my first time at PP, although i did the old point system a few years ago anf lost very quickly, especially int he first month.

my second weigh in was on sunday the 4th. i had lost 1lb, i also lost 1lb the week before.
not fast weight loss but i was happy enough that it was going down.

had a look on the scales today (weight in day is sunday really) and i had gained 3lbs.

so i started at 14.12 and now im 14.13....

i dont understand how this can happen? im so upset and so close to quitting.

can anyone offer any advice?

Hi i do the old ww coz i just didnt like pp. Are u eating your weeklies coz thats what they r there for. some people use a few each day and others use them for a treat nite. Dont give up your body will just be adjusting to the plan.x

WW propoints never worked for me at all so im starting back doing the old points plan. maybe you should re think about doing it before as it worked for you.

Don't give up hope yet! As others have said, try to stick to weighing yourself once a week at the same time and in the same clothes (or naked) so you get accurate results. If you get weighed in your meetings then don't weigh at home, and try to wear the same thing to each meeting.

Are you eating all of your weeklies? Some people find they gain weight if they eat them all and others find they gain weight if they don't, so you can play around and find what works best for you.

Give it a few more weeks and if you're not getting on with it then go back to the old plan?

thanks everyone.

yes im eating all my weeklies. are we suppose to eat activity points as well? i earn around 24 a week but i dont touch them.

have just had a look through my ww online tracker and i also dont think im drinking enough water, so i will try that for the rest of the week.

ive just realised as well that you can do another plan online, where you have certain unlimited food and then a weekly allownce. i may look in to that if things dont improve.

was just having a wobble this morning, feeling much more positive now. especially as i measured myself and ive lost 3cm from my waist!

thanks everyone.

yes im eating all my weeklies. are we suppose to eat activity points as well? i earn around 24 a week but i dont touch them.

have just had a look through my ww online tracker and i also dont think im drinking enough water, so i will try that for the rest of the week.

ive just realised as well that you can do another plan online, where you have certain unlimited food and then a weekly allownce. i may look in to that if things dont improve.

was just having a wobble this morning, feeling much more positive now. especially as i measured myself and ive lost 3cm from my waist!

Well done on the inche loss thats fab. When i started i didnt drink enough water but now i drink my water with a straw and it goes down much better. It doesnt seem as plain with a straw haha. I think the other plan is simply filling. See how you get on with more water this week and take it from there but im sure it will help.x

Simply filling/ filling and healthy they are the same I think. Some people get on better with F&H. Basically you can eat as many of the free foods as you like (within reason as you want to lose weight, so you wouldn't have 20 bananas for instance) which are listed in green in the WW food book and on the app, and then anything extra comes out of your 49 weeklies.

Simply filling/ filling and healthy they are the same I think. Some people get on better with F&H. Basically you can eat as many of the free foods as you like (within reason as you want to lose weight, so you wouldn't have 20 bananas for instance) which are listed in green in the WW food book and on the app, and then anything extra comes out of your 49 weeklies.

Sarah i totaly ment filling and healthy. U can tell im not a pro pointer.x:)

thanks everyone.
im going to stick to normal PP for now. i go on holiday next Wednesday so will decide once i get back how to carry on x

Hey Sweetie :) This is why a Sneaky Midweek-WI is never a good idea, our weight fluctuates on a daily basis and sticking to a once weekly weigh stops us from getting false hope or going into a depression! Stick with it Sweetie, it's a fab plan and you will have good results on it.x

Back