Losing my hair

Cake'n'eat it

I thought it may be just the seasons or the weather but I have now got to the point where I can really see my hair is thinning.

I have been malting like a sheep ( do sheep malt?) - well you know what I mean. Every time I wash my hair I lose handfuls. I wake up and there is hair all over the pillow. I have to clean my hairbrush every time I use it. And he worst is that I am now started t see it. I have a fringe and in the right light you can see scalp.

I started LL 24th October and this started towards the end of December. I am in Management now so I am hoping this will stop soon. One of the girls in my group said she'd lost loads of hair.

Is anyone else had the same problem? Does it go away in Management. As much as I love being slim - I am not sure if I would prefer to be fat than bald?:confused:

Hiya... please do not worry... a lot of people find this but as far as i am aware once you start eating healthily again your hair starts to come back healthier than ever!!!!

Well done on your fab weight loss :D :D :D

love

Gen xxx

I have gone through this a couple of times and it has grown back no problem.

If you look very closely you will see new downy hair growing near to the scalp.

I know Westhills took a supplement of some kind to help with her regrowth after she finished the diet and if you ask her on the Wemitts forum she will be able to let you know what she used.

Love Mini xxx

Hi there

I couldn't be any more of a newbie, but my counsellor warned me that this is a possible side effect of VLCDs but that your hair will definitely come back once you're eating food again.

I know that that won't comfort you that much, it must be awful for you. But think about how fantastic you'll look when you reach your goal and your hair grows back, thicker and more lucsious than ever because of all the vitamins you've been having. Fab hair AND a fab figure!

Hair bands are very in this year, so you could invest in a few if you're feeling self concious. Or use a semi-permanent colour on your hair - its an ego boost to have a pampaer at the hair salon AND it helps to make hair look thicker.

Don't give up, it will be worth it in the end!

This bothers me a lot, actually.

I have long hair; it took years to get to this length. Downy new growth, whilst very welcome is, well, short...

My hair is precious and is the main reason why I don't SS for long periods! When my hair started to fall out badly I leapt onto the 790 plan. I took a month 'out' only recently, low-carbing but not severely calorie restricting.

Each individual has to decide on their own particular priorities, but for me lots of hair on the pillow signals possible malnutrition, so I deal with it.

This bothers me a lot, actually.

I have long hair; it took years to get to this length. Downy new growth, whilst very welcome is, well, short...

My hair is precious and is the main reason why I don't SS for long periods! When my hair started to fall out badly I leapt onto the 790 plan. I took a month 'out' only recently, low-carbing but not severely calorie restricting.

Each individual has to decide on their own particular priorities, but for me lots of hair on the pillow signals possible malnutrition, so I deal with it.

ps

On the old DH board most people who mentioned hair loss seemed to be on LL. Is this a coincidence? Do CD peeps have the same problem, to the same extent? Just wondered.

Darn it - i hit the wrong button to add my ps!

i'm on CD & i am having hair probs too, although my hairdresser says its in better condition than b4
xx:)

Me, I'm suffering with it - I've asked my husband and he disagrees with me, says I'm paranoid but I'm not. My friend has noticed :(

I only need half the amount of shampoo and conditioner and if I use a dye on it I only need one pack whereas I've always needed two. In fact I have some left over from one pack and my hair is long!

I think there's something called Nourkin that you can buy, I've seen it in Lloyds chemist, but it's £50 for a month's supply and I just cannot afford that, LL is costing a fortune as it is.

In the meantime I sometimes use Elvive's shampoo, they do one that thickens ageing hair - I know it's not techinally ageing but I think it's the same kind of process. It does appear to look a little bit thicker on the day I wash it but by the night it's back to looking think on top again :(

Now I'm on Management I wonder if there are foods that are known to improve my hair. Its in pretty good condition just not quite so thick. Fortunately I had pretty thick hair to start with. I have also had it cut from past my shoulders into a bob. I've putsome BeadHead Superstar ( Blowdry lotion for Thick Massive Hair!) and it feels fuller.

I read this:

Inadequate protein intake over a lengthy period can force hair into the resting phase with shedding a few months later. It is obvious then that sufficient portions of protein rich foods should form part of your daily diet. The best sources of dietary protein are lean meats, fish, poultry, eggs, dairy products, soy, nuts, grains and seeds. At least 15% of your daily calories should come from protein-rich foods.
Hair Loss Remedy and Treatment > Top Nutritional Tips To Support Healthy Hair Growth

I am now eating some protien so hopefully this will help but I guess it will take some time to balance out again:sigh: .

This is really interesting as I didn't know that hair loss was so common or that it was to such an extent - I'll look out for this, thanks.

Cath

When I did cd last year, my hair started falling out a couple of weeks after I stopped the diet.
Every time I had a shower or brushed my hair there were clumps of it coming out :eek:
Luckily my hair is curly so any thinning wasn't noticeable anyway. The hair loss for me stopped after a couple of weeks and all was fine:)

At the end of the day, hair grows, so I'd rather lose some more hair this time round and be slim, rather than have all my hair and stay fat!

Anyone know howlong it take to come back?
my eyelashes are coming out too :(
My wedding is in 4 months and I dont wanna be completely bald by then!

I was at my Indian Head Massage class last night and my friend noticed I was shedding hair like mad- and I am only in week 5, so with at least 9 weeks to go (and more like another 15 to reach my goal) before any food comes back into my life I am a bit worried. But as everyones says it does come back even better than before, so I am going to keep the faith- loved the 'wear a hair band' tip LOL! Are hats in this year? Maybe I should start frequenting race meetings and gatecrashing weddings???
Kxx

Hi girls,

I always had problems with my hair (my hair is naturally thin) and even with 1% stress it seems to thin out a lot.

However i was prescribed Pantogar (before LL) and you have to take them for at least 3 months - and yes, they do work. Everything is natural in them so no medication etc.

Hearing about hair loss during or after LL, obviously, I am worrying a lot. However, my LLC checked into the ingredients of this pill and I can safely take them. I called Boots but they dont store them. I get them from where my folks live (Europe) but you can buy them online as well.

Just wanted to share this with you girlies you who have or will have hair loss (they are good for nail strenghtening too).

Me

Hi Jenna- thanks for the tip. Do you mind me asking where in Europe- I am going to Germany in a week's time and I could pick some up if they have it there. Will ask about it while I'm there anyway!
Thanks!
Kx

no prob at all.

if anyone of you have a question, please message me.

(thanks for whoever gave me the reputation comment:wavey: )

Back