Extra Easy Losing one week, gaining the next!

LadyLordy

Hello everyone,

I started Slimming World online 5 weeks ago and am having really mixed results with it! I lost 2 lbs, gained 1lb, lost 2lbs and have now gained another lb! The first gain I can put down to TOTM and an Easter blow-out but this one is a bit of a mystery. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm trying to get a good 30 min walk in every day - gym is not at option as I'm a SAHM - and eat at least 5-15 syns per day. I'm thinking maybe the groups would be better than online, unlike Weightwatchers it seems like you get a lot more info in the groups. Perhaps I'm not grasping the 1/3 rule properly or something. Any advice would be gratefully received!

L

I find the same thing, I seem to hover between a few pounds for a while but it is slowly going. I know it sounds really obvious, but I know that with my daughter, being a SAHM too, I'm terrible a picking tiny bits of things I make her and I reckon that I end up with a fair few syns from that, it's almost unconscious! I don't often get time to make myself breakfast and lunch so rather than nice, filling sw friendly meals, i'm picking on things that are synful! I find water helps me as it stops me feeling so hungry. And I've been trying to get foods in that are quick and easy for me to gab when I'm feeling peckish.
Liz
X

Are you doing extra easy? You could give red / green days a go instead, I find I always lose better on those days (although everyone is different lol).

You could also take your measurements and see whether you are losing inches instead of weight, if inches are lost it always makes a STS more bearable :).

Hiya! I'm a SAHM and on online member too.

Could you put down a sample food diary and we can have a look? maybe what you had yesterday?

My biggest downfall is picking at the kids food. I dont even know I'm doing it. Got my 5 year old to tell me now when i'm picking off his plate, and I genuinely dont realise.

I was exactly the same when I started back in November. My first 6 weeks went like this – 3½ off, ½ on, 6 off, 2½ on, 2 off, 3 on! I was all over the place! My losses stabled after that though and I now average 1-2lb per week although sometimes, like last week, I still get a gain and I’ve no idea why. I'm sure it's just your body adjusting but, like someone else suggested, it might be worth posting a food diary so that you can get suggestions and tips.

Are you eating the superfree too hun? As you're not at group I don't suppose you get any feedback, so as the others have said posting a food diary is a great way to get some advice and tips.

Thanks guys, you're a lovely lot. I'm going to try Green this week...although to be honest I can't see a massive difference from EE!! Just seems to be limiting your meat intake right? I'll keep a meticulous diary, and report back next Tuesday....fingers crossed cos this baby belly HAS TO GO!!!!!

xxx

I find the same thing, I seem to hover between a few pounds for a while but it is slowly going. I know it sounds really obvious, but I know that with my daughter, being a SAHM too, I'm terrible a picking tiny bits of things I make her and I reckon that I end up with a fair few syns from that, it's almost unconscious! I don't often get time to make myself breakfast and lunch so rather than nice, filling sw friendly meals, i'm picking on things that are synful! I find water helps me as it stops me feeling so hungry. And I've been trying to get foods in that are quick and easy for me to gab when I'm feeling peckish.
Liz
X

Oh god, me too! Eggy bread is my downfall. Oh and Dairlylea sandwiches. And petit filous. And OH's beer. Hmmmmmmm perhaps these are all contributing!

Yep, all of the above and breadsticks, crackers, toast fingers, dried fruit, biscuits. Terrible!!!!! I need one of those shock collars that barking dogs have but for picking!
Liz
X

Thanks guys, you're a lovely lot. I'm going to try Green this week...although to be honest I can't see a massive difference from EE!! Just seems to be limiting your meat intake right? I'll keep a meticulous diary, and report back next Tuesday....fingers crossed cos this baby belly HAS TO GO!!!!!

xxx
Remember you get 1 or 2 HEAs and 2 HEBs on Green as well x

Food diary's a good idea - it really makes me think about what I'm eating if I know I have to confess it on here later!! :D And if you can get to class I do think it helps - on those weeks where I maintain or gain I do find group helps me get my head straight again and back in the right frame of mind for the next morning. The weeks where I don't stay are the weeks I tend to put on, as it might take me a few days to get myself 100% back on plan again x

Hey guys, hope you're out in the sunshine! Just wanted to let you know I took all your advice - switched to Green this week, logged meticulously and I've lost 2lbs! Yaaaaay! Thanks so much for helping a girl out xxxx

well done on your loss, super stuff. !!!

Brilliant! Well done! I'm doing SW online but tbh I don't think it's worth it really. This site is so amazing though - think everyone at work is getting sick of me going on and on about it and I just have to have a look through the new posts each day. Maybe I'm becoming addicted. Oh well, better than chocolate!! : D

Back