Losing over half of myself... My journey!

sortabeautiful

I've always been the "big girl" and it has come to a time where I am due to get married (6months to go, eek!) and want to start a family and I am 27st 8lb.

I'm following WW and so far I have lost 11lb. It's great that it is coming off, but I am not happy at the speed of it. I've not been making the right choices but as the weeks are slipping by, I realise that I've lost less than a pound a week. For someone of my size, I should be losing more.

I'm tweaking my diet a little and making a concious effort to go to the gym 4/5 times a week. Nobody else can do this for me, and I have to work hard to get there but I know that the end result will be amazing. To be able to run around after our children will be amazing.

I would like you guys to keep me focussed and get me back on track when the going gets tough... Today is a prime example, I have been working overtime a lot this week as we need the money for the wedding.

I decided not to go the gym as my knee is a little sore and I'm tired. In all fairness, I know deep down that I could have gone there tonight and burnt some calories but chose not to. Its these times that I need your help!

WI's are usually on a Thursday so I will be keeping you all updated!

x

Thank you x

Not a great start to the newly focussed me... Got to the gym, got changed then realised I forgot my trainers!!!! :-(

Haha! At least you made the effort to go :)

I know you're not happy with the speed of your loss but it's coming off. I'm the same, it's slower than I've ever lost but deep down I know I've not been 100%, and this is the longest I've ever stuck at going to class. It's a long journey, but every journey has to start with a step! Congratulations on your loss so far and your wedding :) xx

Hi I'm doing ww too and understand what you mean by weight coming off slowly for your size. I can never quite get my head around the fact that I'm eating much more healthily, regularly exercising when I barely got off the sofa before and yet sometimes I sts. How is that even possible??. But like Karra says the weight is coming off and every pound is a pound less than you were before and a step in the right direction.

Have you taken and checked your measurements, changes to those can give a boost too when the scales aren't showing what you want.

Well done on the weight you have lost so far and good luck for weigh in tomorrow.

11lbs is a great loss :) just remember losing weight isn't a race! I must admit I had the same problem with WW a few years ago and that's how I gave up and ended up getting even bigger :( it's possible you also have an under active thyroid - have you had it checked before? If not it's worth getting it checked out. I am doing SW and I am really enjoying it, you can eat so much and I am having fantastic losses. You need to find a diet that you enjoy, there is no point doing a diet that makes you unhappy or you will never get to your goal. Other than that, good luck xx

sortabeautiful said:
I've always been the "big girl" and it has come to a time where I am due to get married (6months to go, eek!) and want to start a family and I am 27st 8lb.

I'm following WW and so far I have lost 11lb. It's great that it is coming off, but I am not happy at the speed of it. I've not been making the right choices but as the weeks are slipping by, I realise that I've lost less than a pound a week. For someone of my size, I should be losing more.

I'm tweaking my diet a little and making a concious effort to go to the gym 4/5 times a week. Nobody else can do this for me, and I have to work hard to get there but I know that the end result will be amazing. To be able to run around after our children will be amazing.

I would like you guys to keep me focussed and get me back on track when the going gets tough... Today is a prime example, I have been working overtime a lot this week as we need the money for the wedding.

I decided not to go the gym as my knee is a little sore and I'm tired. In all fairness, I know deep down that I could have gone there tonight and burnt some calories but chose not to. Its these times that I need your help!

x

Good luck on your journey and well done on your loss so far x

Lost a pound this week, which I'm happy at because I've not been 100%

Went the gym again last night (with my trainers!) and quite proud of myself. Last week I managed to climb 50 meters on the treadmill whilst walking. Yesterday I managed 114!

Attachments

• image-744163672.jpg
    image-744163672.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 41
Well done on losing 1lb :) x

Just a quick update to last weeks weigh in. I lost another 2lb which has taken me to a stone. Very happy with it!

Going to be at the gym all this week so I'm hoping for a loss of 2 again this week!

A belated congratulations. How are you doing this week? x

Hope you're still going strong and doing well :)

well done so far. :)
I know what you mean about weight coming off slow for your size.
I used to maintain or lose 1lb most weeks. everyone would say that it was good but when youve got so much to lose it hardly dents the amount to lose.

hope youre doing ok?

Can your group leader give you any advice on how to speed things up? Could be that you are putting on muscle at the gym which is making your loss seem less dramatic but over time that should help you burn fat more effectively. Don't lose heart x

sortabeautiful said:

x

Good luck on your journey x

Back