Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
My weights since the 24th March are as follows
9st 9
9st 9
9st 8.5
9st 8.5
9st 8.5

i have done a fit log, an sos log, a food diary but all my con can come up with is two weeks of fast forward again as she cannot see anything wrong!!!! .
i just want to get to my two stone award (normal BM1 which is 2.5lbs away) then lose another half stone to be at target. Will it EVER happen?? I would love to get into my size 12 clothes again.
Sorry about the moan but feeling a little dispondant. It has taken me 8 months to lose the last stone aggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh

That's really frustrating! :sigh: Don't give up - I'm too new to this to offer help but hopefully someone else will come up with an idea. :confused: Hope you can kick it off and get it moving again. :wave_cry:

has your con suggested doing sucess express?? could help to boost your losses? x

What plan do you do? Maybe compleatly swap for a couple of weeks - so if you do EE try just red days or green days see if that has any effect??

You have done brill - don't give up now x

Yeh, I would just say you have given other things a go so it is worth a try. It is just exchanging superfree to 2/3 instead of just 1/3. Also you could try having a mix of days..try and have a lot of different foods.. just go back to the start, look for some new recipes and just had some fun with it..try not to think so hard about it.. and trust me and I understand how hard that is!

Think of how well youve already done not what little you have left to loose-youve lost 5 times what you have left to loose already, thats fantastic. Its natural that your losses will slow down as you get closer to a "normal" weight.

I think what Stacie has suggested would be ideal to try as its new to you

Good luck

- hey hunny.

i just want to say how amazing youv done, but can so understand how difficult it has gotten for you. you work so hard.

i wouldnt blame you for shifting to another for a bit of variety and coming back to sw to maintain ( as that seems to be what its doing for you anyways! )

what ever you decide to do will be best for you. all my love xox

Hi Rosie
Im a little scared! Im at 9st 9lb and 5" 1' I feel like my weight loss is slowing down. This is also the weight that I got down to before and gave up!
Please dont give up, I really regret it!
Maybe like Fern said try a diff plan, If you find something that works please shair
Sorry I can not help you more, sending you a hug x

Rosie, I am so sorry and understand that it must be so frustrating for you as you try so hard!
I agree with Fern that maybe something else will shift the last few pounds and then you can maintain on SW.
Have a big hug, and good luck. You will get there! xxxx

What do you mean by 'continue'? If you mean specifically SW then I agree with all above that maybe a change is as good as a rest- I have occasionally switched for a couple of weeks to WW and calorie counting, just for a bit of variety and a boost which always works (but I always end up back at SW!).

I really hope you don't mean giving up on your fantastic battle with weight. To give up on that is to basically accept getting big again.

Look on this as a change for life, and I do believe that occasional variety helps in that, but don't see it as 'off' or 'on' a diet that you can give up on unless you want to reverse all the hard work you have done so far

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree that a change might just give you the boost you need. I hope that you find something that shifts the last few pounds because it's very disheartening for you to be trying so hard and not getting the results that you want and deserve.
You've done so well so far.
I've done a couple of weeks of calorie counting and calorie shifting/alternate day dieting when I've got stuck before and it gave me a boost. The JUDDDD forum on here is useful if you want to look into it.

Hi,
Please don't give up - especially when you are so close.
Rather than thinking about food (although I do think that doing 2/3 superfree is a great idea), are you able to up your exercise levels at all???
Perhaps try some new DVDs (Davina = excellent but hard).
This may help towards getting you back into those size 12s, plus also help you to move out of this phase.

I lost a lot of weight once before (in my mid 20's) and reached that phase, the only thing that worked for me was sticking to the diet (I calorie counted then) and upping my exercise levels - walking, a couple of classes, toning exercises.

Anyway, really dont give up - this is just a phase, you just need to find out what is your personal kick start.
x

- hey hunny.

i just want to say how amazing youv done, but can so understand how difficult it has gotten for you. you work so hard.

i wouldnt blame you for shifting to another for a bit of variety and coming back to sw to maintain ( as that seems to be what its doing for you anyways! )

what ever you decide to do will be best for you. all my love xox
I think I may have to do that Fern because all I can think of is that I am still eating too much for my present weight. It's a shame because i really like SW and will be fantastic for maintaining my weight. Just heard from consultant today that she is taking my filled in logs to her colleague for further ideas xx

Hi Rosie,
Just some words of encouragement to say that despite your progress being slow, and obviously very frustrating, you've been going in the right direction and not yoyoing which so many people do and that must be the unhealthiest thing to do!! You're a trooper and you WILL get there, but like lots of the lovely peeps here at MM have said, maybe a change will boost things for you, but whatever changes you make, don't do anything that will make you feel deprived because that will make you miserable and you really will get despondant then and feel like jumping into a mammoth sized trifle!! I totally feel for you and understand your frustrations, but I think it's better to lose 1lb a month (nearly a stone in a year) than to feel deprived and end up going back to bad ways! Good luck chick, I have every faith in you that you'll get there!!XXX

I think I may have to do that Fern because all I can think of is that I am still eating too much for my present weight. It's a shame because i really like SW and will be fantastic for maintaining my weight. Just heard from consultant today that she is taking my filled in logs to her colleague for further ideas xx

I'm glad to see that your C is still working hard on your behalf also.. although if she doesnt come back with anything amazingly spectacular, i wouldnt be suprised.. as iv already said.. you work so damn hard, and deserve alot bigger losses than what you are getting.

unfortunatly, i think there does come a time your body gets so used to the way you eat, that it doesnt take affect anymore. which is great when you actually want to maintain as its no difficulty, but as youv tried absoloutly everything possible in the sence of variety on the sw plan, i dont think theres much else left you can do to 'shock' your body back in weight loss mode.

we all love you here and your support for everyone is immense, so if you decide to spice it up a bit elsewhere, just make sure you stick around okay? plus.. sw will be great for your maintenance, so i should hope it wont be long untill your back with us.. 5lbs is nothing in the long run, i recon with 'new diet losses' youd have that off in 3 weeks max with a new diet, then you can come back to us :)

i have been looking into the calories secretly of what youv been eating and i am truely shocked! i eat almost double the recommended amount for my weight on a 'normal' day... iv always said dont question what works, and right now it does so im not paying too much attention.. but when its not.. i can understand why you would feel the need to look elsewhere for answers.

All my love gorgeous. x

I'm glad to see that your C is still working hard on your behalf also.. although if she doesnt come back with anything amazingly spectacular, i wouldnt be suprised.. as iv already said.. you work so damn hard, and deserve alot bigger losses than what you are getting.

unfortunatly, i think there does come a time your body gets so used to the way you eat, that it doesnt take affect anymore. which is great when you actually want to maintain as its no difficulty, but as youv tried absoloutly everything possible in the sence of variety on the sw plan, i dont think theres much else left you can do to 'shock' your body back in weight loss mode.

we all love you here and your support for everyone is immense, so if you decide to spice it up a bit elsewhere, just make sure you stick around okay? plus.. sw will be great for your maintenance, so i should hope it wont be long untill your back with us.. 5lbs is nothing in the long run, i recon with 'new diet losses' youd have that off in 3 weeks max with a new diet, then you can come back to us :)

i have been looking into the calories secretly of what youv been eating and i am truely shocked! i eat almost double the recommended amount for my weight on a 'normal' day... iv always said dont question what works, and right now it does so im not paying too much attention.. but when its not.. i can understand why you would feel the need to look elsewhere for answers.

All my love gorgeous. x
oh my God now wiping a tear from my eye THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU xxxxxx

Back