losing the will!!!

jambo

Hi peeps, im really struggling lst cpl wks...i startd WW in nov iv went from 13st 2lbs,dwn to 11st 6lbs myself (no class) but over lst cpl wks iv bn up & dwn like a yoyo!!! No i should only weigh on my WI day but im addicted 2 the scales:( plus im findin it vry hard 2 stay motivated... summers coming up & i dnt want 2 b tht sweaty uncomfortable way i was lst year (chaffed thighs etc,lol)
Jst need a bit of oomfff!!! From somewhere:(
From wee sad me..x

U have already lost a good amount of weight, and I bet u feel so much better in urself, just try to think how happy u will b when u reach ur ideal weight! Weight loss is not easy but u should stick with it as it's worth it in the long run

I know how you feel - it's a nightmare losing then gaining again - I've got about 10lbs to a stone to lose - I know it's not much but it's been a real struggle this time around. I'm following the pro-points but seem to keep going off track.
Recently I moved in with my boyfriend, my lifestyle has changed, he's out to work all day and I'm at home 4 days a week studying...more realistically thinking of what i can eat next.
It drives me mad - I love to run and keep fit & when I'm really into it I'm great - look great & feel great but right now my clothes are all a bit tight - I feel terrible & just can't seem to get into the right frame of mind to really get the weight shifting again!!
My boyfriend's family are meeting up this weekend for dinner, I'm thinking of ways to get out of it because I feel so crappy & his brother's girlfriends are skinny! I have college over the weekend & am thinking of using it as an excuse - that's terrible!
In a way, everytime I put on weight I feel I put my life on hold somewhat....
Sorry for the rant - I'm just fed up!!

Hey beechy i no hw u feel. I work shifts & i struggle bigtime iv got about a stone 2 lose too but iv lost my mojo at th mo 4 th diet! Iv got a caravan & we tryn go every wkend or 2nd wkend so thts my diet feckd most months caus i feel asthough im on my hols,so i eat,eat,eat!! People say ur diet cn fit around ur lifestyle but im nt so sure:( i am happy iv lost the weight so far but jst want it dun nw,lol. Im determind not 2 b a fatty 4 th summer so we'll hav 2 jst plod along & c wot happns.. good luck 2u bth with ur journeys;) and beechy u get urslf out @the weekend,ur life cnt stop 4 a diet.x

I completely understand and feel the same at the minute. I do go back onto it during the week but at weekends if something is going on, which it often is, I go off track. I found I was soo motivated in my first 6 weeks, nothing could sway me. You would think after seeign results we'd be more incentivised?

Hii Jambo

I totally understand where your coming from.

I joined this site yesterday to get some tips as iv kinda come off the wagon and need to get back on.

Iv got a holiday in 4.5 weeks to look forward to , do you have anything nice that u wanna get into ? maybe a old dress? :)

You can do it , think of how much healthier and better you will feel and think of the little dresses you can wear in the summer & feel comfortable :)

Much love Hails xxx

Hang on in there -it's tough, I know how you feel - I fell off the wagon big style over the weekend - managed to do plenty of activity but "rewarded" myself with plenty of food - accompanied by the usual mental anguish of knowing I shouldn't be eating all the baddies!!!!
Anyway, Monday night I was saying to myself, right, just veggies for a couple of days n I'll have flushed all the bad bits away - silly thoughts but y'know how it is - so instead I went to the supermarket yesterday, stocked up on fruit n veg and went for a good hour walk - it's my TOTM so didn't have the zest for a run.
I'm at home today, should be studying but that's another battle to fight!
Had boiled egg & pitta for brekkie, low fat yog just now...will make a fruit cocktail soon and have a batch of no point soup ready for later.....it's a never ending battle really!
All day at home can be a challenge in itself too!
Hang in there everyone!

Awe.... jst read all these posts & its really cheered me up girls so thanx;) its good 2 know we'r all in the same boat,i was vry bad ay weekend at guess where...CARAVAN AGAIN,lol! Iv bn very good since mon so hoping can stick this week. Only have lost 1lb in the last month but been up by as much as 4lbs in 1week so suppose at least iv lost,lol! Keep it up girls & anytime we'r feelin low we should refer 2 this thread:)
Good luck, big hugs J.xx

Hi Jambo,
I managed to let all my good work unravel in my parents mobile home at the weekend too!
Took really long walks on the beach with the dog mind you but there's a fab pub in the village & the food is amazing so guess who had all the courses she could get, plus the vino etc.
ugh!
Not gonna weigh myself until next week I think - that in itself is a challenge!!
Chin up all!

Lol more like CHINS UP where im concerned,lol;)
Beechy i feel ur pain,i went 4a 3 course steak meal last Wed ngt for folks anniversay...needless 2say i had the PORTERHOUSE!!! This is 3lbs...yes 3lbs of pure meat on ur plate...couldnt obviously finish it all,dog got a good doggy bag,lol..but same old me just HAD 2go 4 the biggest dish on the menu:( plus still managed choc fudgecake aftr,lol. Iv jst decided even if my weights cumin off 1lb a,month..its cumin off! Thinkn of not goin 2 cvan this weekend jst so can get a good week on plan but why should i?!
I say if we stick with it when we can,if we hav a wee blow out nw & again,so wot! Btw wen u c 3lbs of meat in front of u,really is amazin 2 think wot weight uv lost;) good luck.xx

Hey all, just wanted to say thanks as two minutes ago was in the process of reaching for the next chocolate egg in the packet (easter left overs) but having read this thread I suddenly found the will power not to. It helps so much to know we all have up and down times. You're all an inspiration even when you are struggling!

Well done QtNutmeg no hw hard it is 2 resist the nice things, it is so hard but ur right this wee forum defo helps...plus gives u a few laughs along the way,lol!
Keep up the good work every1;)

So nearly at the end of my week - was in college all weekend and always like to treat myself on a Sunday after that!!
So I'm having a G&T, to eat a yummy fish cake, muller rice Low Fat (really high points!!5/6 eek!) - I've 10 weeklies left & 23 activity points left....I'm terrified to tap into my activity points as I really want a loss but also love grazing or having a couple of drinks after a long week!!!???Grrrr........
In the past I've always used my activity & weeklies but I'm oh so nervous!!!! Advice?!

Hiya,iv nevr had any activity points so cant help u there sori!
As for weeklies iv used 46 of mine & iv got till fri before renewed,lol... so think urslf lucky;) lol. Back shfts mon,tue,wed so shldnt use anymore thn my dailies. I was on 29pts a day thn spoke 2 a few people who are heavier than me & theyr on 27pts...u can imagine how gutted i am!!! LESS POINTS:( NOOOOOOO!!!!!! xx

Raging today!!
Weighed myself and STS!!!
Supposed to be doing an assignment at home here but all I can think about is eating!!
Quite frustrated I must say - I've really upped my running & was sure I'd be down something today with all the extra activity points I earned....BUMMER
It's taking all my willpower now not to eat something else which will put my points for dinner out the window - my boyf' not home from work for another hour or so & if I eat now I won't be hungry for dinner.
Ugh sorry - just had to vent....
Really thought I'd be down - as I felt my clothes bit loser & tummy flatter - my logical side is telling me it's probably that I'm toning more & putting on muscle so scales won't show much yet but that's not what I want!!
Jees, those scales really play a psychological mess game with your head eh!?
Stay calm....stay on track.....breath!!!!!

Have you kept a note of your measurements? It probably is that you are toning up and losing inches instead of lb's, mate had same thing but stopped worrying when she is getting into a 12's for the first time in years after being 16's. If the scales are being your enemy let the tape measure be your friend ;) it's not false when you think that muscle weighs more than fat too.

Ok...so had a bad...but good wkend!!! Bought a new house but celebrated all wkend,eatin & drinkin!!!
Weighd myslf ths mornin...which i no i shldnt hav dun caus dnt weigh in till a friday...BUT...iv put on 6lbs...how is that possible?!!!
Iv now eaten 15 squares of fruit & nut 2 cheer myslf up...which has now obviously depressed me more:(
HELP REQUIRED!!! Think i could be losing it aftr losing 26lbs on my own...:( HELP!!!

jambo said:
Ok...so had a bad...but good wkend!!! Bought a new house but celebrated all wkend,eatin & drinkin!!!
Weighd myslf ths mornin...which i no i shldnt hav dun caus dnt weigh in till a friday...BUT...iv put on 6lbs...how is that possible?!!!
Iv now eaten 15 squares of fruit & nut 2 cheer myslf up...which has now obviously depressed me more:(
HELP REQUIRED!!! Think i could be losing it aftr losing 26lbs on my own...:( HELP!!!

If you have a new house you will be packing lifting boxes and running up and down the stairs and the fruit and nut will be history! I lost weight when I moved and i wasn't on a diet .
I used that weight loss as one of my targets when I started dieting in january.
Perhaps you could spend some time walking round the shops looking for ideas for your new home and and walk off some of this weeks gain?

It's ok, it's just a blip (and an understandable one at that- congrats on the house!) the main thing is you re-focus and get back on track asap instead of tomorrow/next week. That's what has helped me the most, WW never disappears and always lovingly takes you back! (Cheeeese)

Back