Losing two thirds of your self ..... take two. diary of a compulsive emotional eater

broadsbean

Gold Member
:wave_cry: Hello, i have quietly creeped back in in order to recommence my journey after a spectacular fail. I didn't just fall of the wagon i fell off the reality planet :eek:

so here i am, in control and ready to face the world again

Diet wise, slimming world is my choice it worked last time so i am sure it will again, have started on red days, low carbs to give me a boost.

for now i am only going to weigh myself once a month, this is to prevent mood swings.

i will update regularly and chat to myself on here:)

so if your reading this pop in say hi , i would love to share this journey with you xxxx

Hi,
You sound very motivated!
I started back on WW 2 weeks ago, just following it from home. i'm doing the old version as don't like the new one. also doing it from home means I save £6 a week to stand on someone else's scales!

My first week was good, lost 5lb which I was very chuffed with. weigh in this morning for the second week was a 2lb loss.

I think SW is similar to WW in the sense that you're not completely deprived of treats as you get sins don't you?

Hope your diet goes well :)

so today not to bad, shopping delivered this morning and all put away. A bit of a lazy day today as no plans i have done some light housework and caught up on my book :)

this probably makes me look like a slob, but i do have really active days as well , when i first started my original diary i had some real issues with going out which is partly resolved but i still rarely go out alone, I go to work 5 days a week and try to go to the gym 3 days a week (depending on my shifts), but outside of that i really don't go out.

2 years ago i couldn't bring my self to go to work and ended up off work for 4 months, i refuse to allow this to happen again so no matter how panicy i feel i go to work.
I have the ability at work to give of an air of calm, don't really know how i do it. On the whole i am known as the cheerful one and have a reputation for always smiling, people would be shocked if they knew how i felt inside :(

So back on to todays meals, to plan really, can't really join sw on line again until the end of the month so am using my old books and memory so may not be totally correct at the moment.

breakfast, 2 boiled eggs

Lunch, smoked ham with salad (lettece tomatoes cucumber) low fat mayo (2 syns) 2 slices of ww brown danish.
counting these as a hex b possibly not supposed to but will correct these problems once i have access to the website again

Tea, diet coke chicken (chicken mushrooms peppers and onion), butternut squash chips fresh peas
muller yog and strawberries

Snacks slice of chedder cheese and chicken

not a perfect day but better than previous weeks, but i didn't want to put off starting until i could join on line so am just making the best of it,
I printed of a file last time but really can't find it think i hid it so it wouldn't make me feel bad :eek:

It is probably worth mentioning i am a bit off a loon at this point just in case you hadn't gathered that ;)

my orginal diary is in the sw diary section and anybody who has read that will know i am loon xxxxx

I'm here Mandy xxxx

Today is a working day, experience has taught me that this needs careful planning as it is often my downfall. Breaks at work are few and far between and often only long enough to grab a quick snack. Can be very carb heavy. Today is a late 13.30 to 21.30 i often end up eating tea at 10.00pm and this can't be good so i have a definite plan today.

warm here so mainly salad today, have already been to the gym for a 30 min session of resistance training so protein for breakfast

Breakfast : x 2 boiled eggs, 2 slices of wholemeal toast scrape of olive spread (4 syns) (x2 hex b)

Lunch : boiled ham, tomato, cucumber 30g chedder grated,( x1 hex a)

Tea : asda prepared salad (already in needed using up ) (10 syns)

deliberetly keeping syns high as this seems to work better for me

if hungry when i get home from work i will have some fruit

have a good day xxxx

Busy days at work as always, earlies the last 2 days 3 lates now:rolleyes: Bit irritated by this cos it is my birthday on monday and somebody changed my off duty while i was on holiday at the beginning of the month :eek:

But hey ho, been to the gym again this morning and have made my tea to take to work. definitly in the zone at the moment long may it last.

Had a very stressful situation at work this week on a personal level. About 8 weeks ago, somebody saw something and misread the situation, in that time she has spread a rumor about me that was both rude and unprofessional, somebody finely told me this week,and initially i had a panic episode but then thought no i know that's not true so made it very clear,i also went to my manager and made a formal complaint. Thats a big step for me cos in the past i would have just worried about it, ate too much and fester.

Any way food for today

B : bacon, trimmed, tomato and scrambled egg, 2 slices of wm toast with a scrape of olive spread (3 syns)

L : 100g wm pasta, 2 slices of ham 30g cheese, tomato

T: muller yog and strawberries

2 hex b's and a hex a

woo hoo days off 2 of them :bliss:

lots of plans , boring ones but plans never the less. today is house work, bit cloudy here today so can prob get away with cleaning the windows. Going to read through the sw site to refreash my self as have now rejoined.Need to do the shopping and have lots of washing to do. Exciting day lol

days off mean i can focus on getting things right, at times last week i didn't eat enough if nothing appropriate to eat i just didn't bother which ended in a couple of late night meals. need to sort that out.
I know i can do this when i am off but need to get better at planning and sorting out meals for work. seeing as i work full time it is a big chunk of the week and could make or break this.

i am going to shop on line today with all my books in front of me and definite meal plans that way i will hopefully get it right

meals today :

B : tomato on toast, 2 slices wm toast ( 1 hex b) scrape of olive spread (3 syns)

L : chicken, mixed salad and pot wedges, drizzle of oil (2 syns) muller coconut yog

T : turkey curry, made with onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomato. served with boiled rice

I have also made a batch of chicken and leek soup mainly for lunch tomorrow but like to have some free soup around for those moments you want something
not doing particularly well with fluids really need to sort that out, always been a problem with me xx

woo hoo days off 2 of them :bliss:

lots of plans , boring ones but plans never the less. today is house work, bit cloudy here today so can prob get away with cleaning the windows. Going to read through the sw site to refreash my self as have now rejoined.Need to do the shopping and have lots of washing to do. Exciting day lol

days off mean i can focus on getting things right, at times last week i didn't eat enough if nothing appropriate to eat i just didn't bother which ended in a couple of late night meals. need to sort that out.
I know i can do this when i am off but need to get better at planning and sorting out meals for work. seeing as i work full time it is a big chunk of the week and could make or break this.

i am going to shop on line today with all my books in front of me and definite meal plans that way i will hopefully get it right

meals today :

B : tomato on toast, 2 slices wm toast ( 1 hex b) scrape of olive spread (3 syns)

L : chicken, mixed salad and pot wedges, drizzle of oil (2 syns) muller coconut yog

T : turkey curry, made with onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomato. served with boiled rice

I have also made a batch of chicken and leek soup mainly for lunch tomorrow but like to have some free soup around for those moments you want something
not doing particularly well with fluids really need to sort that out, always been a problem with me xx

Woo hoo to the days off Mandy
Me too me too
Have a very lovely birthday too xx

days off are always good :D

we underwent a reconfig in dec and i am now sister of a care of the elderly assessment unit, had done acute med for 9 years and felt it was time for a change. It's hard work and very heavy at times and there is never enough staff, but i love my elderly patients. care of the elderly is the poor man of any hospital, massively undervalued, but as i see it we are all going to need its services one day :eek:

do allsorts of combinations of shifts some 8 hrs some 9 and some 14 !!!! which is why i really have to crack this planning thing

so today 2nd day off so meals on plan

B : melon, kiwi and strawberries

L : sausage, beans and mushrooms 2 slices wm bread (hex b and 10 syns)

T: homemade leek and potato soup, 2 slices wm bread, turkish delight muller yog ( 5 syns)

S : grapes

tried harder with fluids today and have done a half hour resistance workout at the gym xx

shopping has arrived and all put away, meals more or less planned so all ready for the week x

meals sorted for today :
B : ff greek yog and blueberries

L : sw chips with a dry fried egg salad

T : lean pork steak with rocket salad, muller yog

S : 2 alpen light bars, mango fingers

working a late so all planned and sorted , the sun is shining and i can feel it warming up already so will need lots of water for work

Back