losing weight and loose skin

hippychick85

I have become slightly worried today, after watching a weight loss program, about loose skin after I achieve me weight loss. I am 1 stone down and have another 4 to go so it may seem odd worrying about it know however I carry a lot of weight on my stomach and I am wondering if there are any tips to limit the 'saggy' skin as I lose weight. I am 26 and never had children, I am losing on average 2-3lbs a week and I have been exercising for 45 minutes twice a week which I have increased to three times a week last week.

I am more interested in inch loss to weight, although I am following slimming world.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to prevent/ limit the loose skin?

I was worrying about this too! Maybe google it and have a looksie, but anything that will tone you up will help, maybe doing some sit ups? xx

From what I gather losing weight steadily, cardio and toning. Some people swear by a good toning cream and palmers seem to be popular in the UK and not pricey.

Agree that fairly slow steady weight loss is key so body can sort itself out. Also see if there is a vibroplate in your gym - i was skeptical but tried out earlier this year doing 15 mins 3x week and was amazed - got lots of compliments too:)

Kat1e said:
Agree that fairly slow steady weight loss is key so body can sort itself out. Also see if there is a vibroplate in your gym - i was skeptical but tried out earlier this year doing 15 mins 3x week and was amazed - got lots of compliments too:)

My local beautician has a vibro plate will it be the same? Not a member of a gym yet although I do go to classes :)

hippychick85 said:
My local beautician has a vibro plate will it be the same? Not a member of a gym yet although I do go to classes :)

Probably - i did a lot of research but the general rule is if they are at gym/business then they have probably spent enough money. The home/cheaper ones don't really have the power to do anything!

Suggest you give it a go and see what happens:)

Back