Losing weight but gaining inches

Hiya. I've been doing Slimming World at home for 3 weeks and I've lost a 1 stone 1 pound. I have been loosing inches from various parts of my body but today when I measured I had gained 2 inches on my waist and 4 on my hips making them bigger than when I started. Can anyone shed any light about why this is? Thanks. Xx

Hiya. I've been doing Slimming World at home for 3 weeks and I've lost a 1 stone 1 pound. I have been loosing inches from various parts of my body but today when I measured I had gained 2 inches on my waist and 4 on my hips making them bigger than when I started. Can anyone shed any light about why this is? Thanks. Xx

I would probably ask a number of questions here..........

How accurate were your measurements in the first place?
Were you dressed or not?
Where are you in your cycle?

I suspect either you are wearing clothes when measuring and therefore it's affecting the measurements or your body is retaining some fluid at the moment.

I really don't think it's anything to be worried about as you've said you have been losing weight and inches so I would carry on as normal and have a re-measure in a week's time.

Good luck :)

Hiya. Thanks for your reply. I measure myself whilst wearing just my underwear and I have no cycle due to to contraceptive pill so it must be the water. Can't help but be disappointed though! How can I get rid of this extra fluid? Or can't I? Xx

carb bloat? have you ate alot of carbs recently?

Back