Losing weight for holiday and health, I'd like a buddy please!

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by musesparrow, 27 August 2014.

1. musesparrow

musesparrow New Member

Hi all

I'm in my mid 20s and have been working in an office as a grad job for a year, finding the weight finding its way on with the amount of sitting down I do.

I'd like to lose 2 stone in total but would like to try and lose around 1-2lbs a week if possible so am aiming for around 1400 kcals a day, measuring with MyFitnessPal.

I'd really like a buddy to be able to support and to support me when I get the craving - I've only just found this forum so hopefully it'll be a help!

Wishing you all the best in your healthy eating.

2. Erryn

Erryn Well-Known Member

I'd be happy to buddy up. :)

When do you go on holiday?

I'm off on 14th November and I'd like to lose 12kg by then (so 2lb per week).
  3. c2b

c2b Regular Member

I am auntyfred on mfp. Feel free to add me. I use a combination of mfp and a newly acquired fitbit.
    I am going away end of Oct with my husband and Granddaughter. Plan on climbing Kinder Scout. Been a few years since I was last up there.
    Earlier this year I told my husband, "I think my hiking days are over".
    In August I completed a 6.5 mile walk up some very steep hills in Northumberland.
    On getting back I was looking at the photos. "Is that me near the top?" I asked my husband
    "yes dear you were up there like a f'ing mountain goat". I think that was a compliment :)
    Seems my hiking days are most definately not over.
  4. h-meally

h-meally Well-Known Member

I'm more than happy to buddy up with you too

I just restarted on mfp & hitting the gym, I have a lot to lose in total, but aiming for 2st for Christmas!
    I also have a 1/2marathon to contend with in 4 weeks which I have started to seriously train for now!!
    I'm hmeally on mfp if anyone wants to add!