Losing weight from everywhere but the tummy?

DietDuchess

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this, and how they either overcame this obstacle, or any tips?
My lower half of tummy is still so big, and I'm losing weight (4 stone to be precise) from arms, legs, hips, bum, face, and the spare tyre around my upper stomach/below the boobs area.
It's getting quite frustrating as I am down to a size 18/20 in trousers/skirts for my hips, bum, legs, but my tummy still needs a 22/24 (and only the pull on type, no zips or buttons).
I feel I look really unbalanced and as if I will never lose this lower tummy.
I am a mum of three children, but my last baby was 5 years ago.
Is there anything I can do to encourage my tummy to catch up and lose the fat? Any exercises?

I have a large lower tummy. When I previously lost loads of weight it took ages to catch up with the rest of me. Have you been measuring yourself? Perhaps you just think its not reducing because it's still big? I don't think there is such a thing as spot weight loss, but abdominal exercises will help to tone up the muscles behind the fat, so that could help a bit. Plenty of water and no alcohol is likely to help too. I'm hating on my stomach too, but it'll happen if we are patient :)

My problem is exactly the other side of my belly, below the boobs, they are much bigger than the lower part and it seems that I don't loose weight there. Of course it improved a lot since I started, but I still say that I have two bellies.
I heard exercises can help you to gain lean mass, but they don't regulate the areas in which you lose fat (can be wrong, though). Perhaps you can give your tummy some motivation with a massage?

Back