Losing weight on your face

AOGG

Banned
I'm at the stage of my weight loss where I have to think about when I am going to stop losing weight and start to maintain :)
As much as I would love to have a size 8 body, I know that I look ill, and lose the fat on my face which ends up aging me. I had this discussion at the gym i go to with a woman there who didnt like her tummy, but if she lost the weight on her tum she found that her face went so thin she felt it added ten years to her. I've decided that a size 12, and with the help of lots of toning and weights, would be best, and then keep my plump cheeks! I will be posting photos soon :)

Would be interested to see if anyone chooses their looks or their body???

Last edited:
Not everyone ages when they diet :D I don't really care what clothes size I am or whether my looks have gone.....at end of day I just wanna be healthy so will take my weight to what is considered a healthy BMI for my body type. :)

I think that's so true! My friends mum used to say she preferred a bit of 'kit kat botox' :) always made me laugh! There was an actress as well who said at some point a woman has to chose between her face and her figure. Personally I'll be more than happy if I reach size 12! Sounds ideal x

The best thing tho about being a size 12 is that it is far easier to maintain that a size 8 :)
Also I know my weight will likely fluctuate, I recently bought a nice top in a size 16, which was fab, got it in black too, then thought, hey why not get both tops in a size 14 and 12, so i now have 6 identical tops, lol, I will be keeping a few good size 16's, a few more size 14's and some really nice size 12's. I think when I get to goal, my weight will fluctuate a stone or so, depending on time of the month and stress.
BMI is only a guide, but there is no point being really thin if you don't feel attractive, I don't think anyway :) hopefully be posting my size 12 photos soon, i am currently a size 14/16 atm Im taking a relaxed time atm as on holiday for a month, so being careful not to gain, but not trying to lose either, then three months solid in the gym to get down to the size 12!!!!

Back