losing weight so i can become a mum!

Lushlash

Silver Member
Hello everyone, here's a little bit about me.

Me & my husband have been trying for a baby for almost 10 years, during this time we have conceived naturally twice but both pregnancys have been ectopic, so sadly I am now solely relying on Ivf treatment to give us our much wanted miracle, I'm currently weighing in at 13 stone 9lb & as I'm only 5ft 3' I have to get my weight down to at least 12 stone to begin my treatment. (it's all about the bmi & according to that I'm medically classed as obese, although I don't look it!)

we are scheduled to begin our ivf treatment on September 5th 2012 (providing I have lost a sufficient amount of weight) meaning I have to lose a minimum of 1st 9lb, even if im a lb over I will be released from my consultants care at the fertility centre (so sad that all these strict guidelines are in place when I have no other option of having a baby) but hey rules are rules & no amount of complaining in the world will change how the nhs operate, so losing the weight is the only way I can have my treatment.

Both times that I have conceived naturally during our time trying has only happened when I've lost weight beforehand! So this is definitely spurring me on! & the proof is in the pudding that getting rid of excess lb's can really help your fertility!

I'm following calorie counting on MY FITNESS PAL app on my iPhone which since the 7th march I have lost 8.5lb on, I could've lost a considerable amount more but I've been taking the relaxed approach towards it, I've now stepped it up a gear & joined the gym & being a lot stricter with what I eat.

My goal is to weigh 10 stone 7lb by my Ivf appointment in September. So lots of hard work to come but I know it will all be so worth it in the end.

Thought I'd start this diary to keep me motivated & I hope you all enjoy sharing it with me x

Last edited:
I've been out & bought some new gym trainers / clothing today, something comfy to wear whilst I work out.

Im going to Spinning class tomorrow, followed by an hour in the gym & an hours swim. will be getting weighed every monday morning so will keep on updating. x

Thanks for your replies. I'll definitely check that link out you gave me, thanks again.

Today - ive been to spinning class (which oddly enough I'm starting to enjoy going to this! I go 3 times per week!)

Food wise has been fairly healthy apart from a small apple pie that I just had to eat, I don't feel guilty though as I've been to the gym 4 times so far this week so plenty of calories have been burnt for me to have deserved that apple pie :)

This weekend I am going to the cinema so will be eating out but I've already decided I'm only eating a happy meal from mcdonalds for dinner & having the kids mini popcorn & drink at the cinema. & I won't be eating anything else for the rest of the day if I'm hungry I'll have some fruit.

I started 10 days on a diet dubbed 'British heart foundation diet' started yesterday, its basically eating ... nothing! ... lol

It's only for 10 days though to give me a kickstart & then I'll be back onto dieting 'properly' so only 8 more days to go! After doing quite a bit of research on it, seems like people lose on average 8-9lb whilst on it.

I really enjoy spinning for some reason. Ive started going 3 times a week, definitely works you into a sweat but it's working as I've noticed my thighs / legs are getting slimmer :)

Cinema was fine apart from i only had a bottle of water now im on this new diet :( was gutted as was dieing for some popcorn.

hope your well x

got weighed today & I've lost 4.5lb :) really pleased with that as ive had a couple of relaxed days earlier in the week.

My goal for this week is to lose 5lb, next weigh day is Monday 14th may. So fingers crossed.

Food today has been

Breakfast - 2 weetabix & semi skimmed milk

Dinner - muller rice pot & banana

Tea - 2 boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumber. Small snack pot of special k & an apple.

I've been out & bought some new gym trainers / clothing today,

Ive Sacked the British heart foundation diet off, i couldn't cope eating dry toast & celery sticks & grapefruit juice!! Not a very nice diet to say the least. even if it was only a 10 day diet, it was 10 days too long for me lol

So instead Ive just started yesterday on a low calorie diet for 3 or 4 weeks see how I get on, then I'll follow the special k diet for a few weeks.

I'm at spinning class tonight for an hour, tried to book on for tomorrow nights class too & they are full :( so looks like it will just be an hour in the gym tomorrow night! x

(Food today)

Breakfast - 2 weetabix with milk

Dinner - strawberry muller rice yoghurt & banana

Tea - 2 boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, low fat mayonnaise, 10 asda good for you chips (yes I'm sad & counted the chips! lol)

Snacks - 3 extra light cheese triangles, 2 small red apples.

exercise - didn't make it to the gym as I've been at work for 10 hours today but have managed a 90 minute brisk walk

So all in all another good day :)

I'm only at work until 10am tomorrow so I'm going straight to the gym afterwards (I will not be leaving the gym until I have burnt 1000 calories off!!!) x

btgibson2000 said:
I've been out & bought some new gym trainers / clothing today,

Sorry I tried to view the picture & it's not allowing me to, so I can't see what the pic is? x

Your diary is looking very very healthy! Is it the laughing cow cheese triangles you have? I'm addicted to them at the moment, they're so tasty! x

BlondieSam said:
Your diary is looking very very healthy! Is it the laughing cow cheese triangles you have? I'm addicted to them at the moment, they're so tasty! x

Yes it's the laughing cow triangles. They are so nice & good to have a couple to keep you going until meal time! I don't feel so deprived if I have a couple of those lol x

Today I'm a bit annoyed! I got weighed this morning, (which I said I wasn't going to do, but I did anyway!) & I've somehow?? supposedly gained 2lb in 2 days! when I've been bloody brilliant on my diet!!! (not cheated once!) I'm not due on period or anything either so I'm a bit confused & sad :(

I'm not getting weighed now until the 18th may so we will see what happens between now & then!

Grrrr x

Back