Losses not so good this time round

Hi everyone just after your thoughts on this......
l did the Cambridge diet a year ago and lost 3 stone. Managed to pile it all back on again and am back here again to do it for hopefully the last time.
I'm into my second week and not having such good losses this time round.
I'm doing sole source and sticking to it rigidly, drinking all my water and doing everything by the book.
Last time I lost 10lbs in first week and 6lbs in second week.
This time only 7lbs first week and 3lbs second week.
I don't know why as I've got the same amount to lose, and am doing everything exactly the same.
I've read that this diet can mess up your metabolism and make it harder to lose weight in the future. Is there any truth in this?

I found that too on my second time round! However stick with it, I found the first three weks a bit disappointing compared to 'the first time' but now I'm almost 4 stone down in 4 months. Think I have lost it from different places this time, so a bit weird that some clothes still don't fit depite being almost at the same weight. Toning and exercise is the key I think!

Keep on the wagon, you know you're worth it! :)

Thanks. It's just a bit disheartening when I'm surviving on just 3 shakes a day and I've not lost anywhere near the amount I did first time round. It does worry me that maybe I am messing my body up long term by doing this.

Thanks. It's just a bit disheartening when I'm surviving on just 3 shakes a day and I've not lost anywhere near the amount I did first time round. It does worry me that maybe I am messing my body up long term by doing this.

Completely hear you on that! As I said I had a wobble with should I keep going with it?! But so glad I did! As long as you have a plan for maintaining when you have reached goal and vow not to go back to bad habits I don't think doing Cambridge twice will hurt you long term.

I know some ppl in here have done cwp for longer or more than twice, maybe they might have some advice? Xx

I have been on it a few times. I don't do SS though as I really struggle with it. I have indeed noticed that my losses aren't as "impressive" as they were the very first time. I don't know if I'm messing up my metabolism but I sure was messing up my body being morbidly obese. To help my metabolism, I have incorporated some cardio and resistance workouts in my daily routine but (and this is a big BUT) I am on Step 2 and therefore have more calories so I can do some moderate exercise without feeling like I'm dying. Good luck with it xxx

Thanks bookworm. I guess you're right, being obese is far worse for our bodies so just need to keep focusing on that.

Yep, just think of all this fat around your heart and clogging your arteries... But I know what you feel. I felt quite down the last time when I had 1lb or 2lbs losses (and sometimes none at all!). But I'll settle for that if it means I get to goal :D

In the longer term my losses have been just as good this as they were first time, and remember feeling disappointment earlier on! Over 12 weeks I ended up losing 2lb more this time, and because I have managed to stick to it this time for much longer I have done much better.

I have exercised this time round and lost significantly more inches this time!

Back