Losses on SW so far?? Considering it...

wannabeminime

Gold Member
I have finally decided that i cannot do CD anymore, and am looking into SW as an alternative. I could go it alone, or join the local club, or try the online club.

I would like to know;

How do you do SW (alone, group, online)

How much have you lost

In how long

And finally, how much cooking is involved (i am not much of a chef!)

Thanks in advance!

xx

I've been following the plan for 5 weeks and have lost 11 lbs BUT I have to admit to not being an angel. I think I could have lost a few pounds more quite easily.

I'm doing the plan from home, all alone, which isn't as easy as going to a class was, but I find this forum absolutely invaluable. I think it has kept me going a lot.

Good luck if you do decideto join.

Well my losses are in my signature, 22lbs lost so far. I'm doing it on my own, started on 1st Sept. You dont need to be a great cook to do SW, just basic stuff. I love it, also from a beginners point of view I think its quite easy to get your head around.

I've been following the plan for 5 weeks and have lost 11 lbs BUT I have to admit to not being an angel. I think I could have lost a few pounds more quite easily.

I'm doing the plan from home, all alone, which isn't as easy as going to a class was, but I find this forum absolutely invaluable. I think it has kept me going a lot.

Good luck if you do decideto join.

Thats still over 2lb a week! I would be happy with that i think!

Well my losses are in my signature, 22lbs lost so far. I'm doing it on my own, started on 1st Sept. You dont need to be a great cook to do SW, just basic stuff. I love it, also from a beginners point of view I think its quite easy to get your head around.

22lb in about 8 weeks is fabulous! Are you still enjoying it?? Not bored yet? mostly red or green days?

Iv lost 3 stone 6lb in 9mths.....

Iv not been an angel the whole way thru - in all fairness I had the summer holidays off and other random weeks!

Good Luck on ya journey! x

Yes but having the kids is motivation too - I can do so much more now they love it :)
xxx

use that as an incentive then hun.... go from there... if you do swap the ladies here are fab!

I dont go to a group btw I do all by myself hence the breaks but not done too bad - I want to lose 4 stone by xmas and ill be happy :)
x

Give it a go! I'm still amazed at how easy and effective the plan is. I LOVE it. It feels like a miracle to me because every day I love what I eat. I've always loved by food but now I feel like every day is an excuse to eat amazing food.

The down side is I do spend more on the food shopping. But that's it really.

I joined on the 8th August and I've lost just over one and a half stone and have lost 10% of my original starting weight :) I'm well on the way to being slim and healthy and have total confidence that I can do it on SW.

I do enjoy cooking but can honestly say that, particularly on green days I reckon, you could easily follow the plan without too much cooking, your options would just be a bit more limited. If you like jacket potatoes, baked beans, noodle in a mug things (mugshots), flavoured rice, pasta, chilli, spaghetti, rice pudding and yoghurts then you'd find green days easy.

Good luck!

Emerald
X

hi, i joined in JUly and go to class every week. i have lost 3 stone 0.5lb so far. im not much of a cook either but i get by and hubby does a lot of our cooking. good luck with it and let us know how you get on xxx

Give it a go! I'm still amazed at how easy and effective the plan is. I LOVE it. It feels like a miracle to me because every day I love what I eat. I've always loved by food but now I feel like every day is an excuse to eat amazing food.

The down side is I do spend more on the food shopping. But that's it really.

I joined on the 8th August and I've lost just over one and a half stone and have lost 10% of my original starting weight :) I'm well on the way to being slim and healthy and have total confidence that I can do it on SW.

I do enjoy cooking but can honestly say that, particularly on green days I reckon, you could easily follow the plan without too much cooking, your options would just be a bit more limited. If you like jacket potatoes, baked beans, noodle in a mug things (mugshots), flavoured rice, pasta, chilli, spaghetti, rice pudding and yoghurts then you'd find green days easy.

Good luck!

Emerald
X

Sounds great Emerald, but i think i would mostly do red days, which i guess would be more costly! I think i am quite sensitive to too many carbs, and doubt i would loose much if i had a lot of green days.

You're doing so well!

hi, i joined in JUly and go to class every week. i have lost 3 stone 0.5lb so far. im not much of a cook either but i get by and hubby does a lot of our cooking. good luck with it and let us know how you get on xxx

Cheers Mindy, your losses are impressive!

No man here to do the cooking, all me, i'm afraid! :rolleyes:

I started on 11 March and have lost 3 stone 10.5lbs, iv'e got 3.5lbs to go to my target and have found it really easy to do because of the kinds of food we can have, i go to a group every Tuesday night. I'm no chef but have picked up so many cooking ideas i feel like one now, this plan fits in with my life as a mum to 2 teenagers, a wife and working full time. You should give it a go as i think you will love it too. Hope this helps. xxx Loobylou

Oh well in that case I still think you'd be fine! I'm not as good on red days, mainly the cost I must admit, but if you are willing to spend the money on meat then red days can be soo delicious!

I get the scwartz (??) shotz things, they do cajun, bbq etc. I get a chicken breast or two, throw the shotz on and cover in foil, cook in the oven for 40 mins and let it cool, cut it up and have chicken to snack on all day. it's easy. Then of course there's fry ups which you can have plenty of on red days - fried eggs, bacon, 1 or 2 slices of eggy bread, quorn sausages, tomatoes, fried mushrooms (urgh i hate them but you may love them hehe) and it's all totally free (except the bread with be a HX). How tasty does that sound every morning?? mmm!

Also meatloaf is a fairly easy one on a red day, and chicken stuffed with cheese wraped in bacon, and steak of course with a HX B serving of potato wedges.... mmmm.... so much to do. You'll love it!

Btw nice av, is it a venture picture by any chance?

Emerald
X

lost my weight in seven month.........i loose 7lb ish a month...find the diet easy to do..........all i do is alter my recipes so that follow the lines of slimming world...........easy

I have lost 1.5lbs short of 1.5 stone in 8 weeks. Had a little blip this week but on track for it to come off next week. That was my own fault though and not the diet!

I did CD last year and it made me ill! I know that some people love it, but I think SW is the best eating plan for life, and not just to lose weight.

I go to club. I like the support and encouragement. I am also competitive and like to see if I am going to be Slimmer of the Week.

There is a fair amount of cooking but there are so many recipes on here, you won't be short of ideas and it's basic cooking too, so you don't need much skill!

If you like to eat and hate feeling hungry, you will love SW.

Hi there

I have been on this for about a month and have found it very easy... I found this site about 2 and half weeks ago or 3 and they are all so support it... oh doing it alone as I don't live in the uk.

I have lost over a stone so far... but the majority was before I found this great forum.... I like both green and red days but what ever day you have... plan ahead and look forward to what you are having.... it is so easy to follow and to be honest I find that this is the best one that you can feed your whole family on without them noticing that they are any healthy eating plan....

Wishing you lots of luck...

Back