Lost 3lb in 4 months - getting beyond a joke!

Ophelia105

Silver Member
To be fair I can cope with a slow weight loss but this is silly.

I was hoping for a pound a week - not too much to ask.

I o green days as I am veggie.

A typical day is

Breakfast - banana, egg or veggie sausage sandwich with 2 slices of 400g Hovis or similar

Lunch - feta salad with free yoghurt for afters

Dinner - quorn veggies, potatoes or pasta

Snax - Alpen lights baby bel lots of fruit

My syns are usually around 5 as I do save them for a bottle of pink wine and possibly a takeaway at the weekend.

I originally lost 5 stone calorie counting and got to 9st 4 at 5' 3' this was top end BMI

I am now 10 st 13. I started SW at just over 11 stone.

Am I just one of those people it doesn't work for? I soooo wanted it to work as I hated calorie counting.

I can't afford class but keep a food log and have the books. After reading ths forum daily to try an find out where I am going wrong I still have no idea! I wouldn't say my portion sizes are huge although I am eating more than I ever did cc. I try and eat super free with every meal. I always eat my HE.

I am very, very frustrated at this lack of weight loss! I am sure SW works as there are enough of you out there losing weight on it. Why doesn't it work for me!?

Answers on a postcard pls....

I'm the same weight that I was this time last year cos for A FULL YEAR I have messed about! Loosing and gaining the same bloody 4lbs!!!! I seriously need to get my act together!!!!

If you are on green days are you making sure you are taking your extra Hexs? as you should have 2 of each on green and red days and looking at your diary i only saw 1 of each?

Your body will need the extra vitimins, minerals and protein from these hexs to work properly and therefore if you dont have them it may well be hindering your weight loss.

Also you havent mentioned what drinks you are having, are you drinking plently of water as your liver and kidneys need to be properly hydrated to process fat properly.

Also try to use more of your syns, you are allowed upto 15 per day and you are doing yourself no favours by only taking 5, it seems to me your not ingesting enough calories and so your bodys metabolic rate has dropped off.

Just some food for thought and i hope it helps

Paul

Also have you considered the possibility that you might have an intolerance to wheat? i say this because many people really struggle to lose weight when eating bread and i noticed that you are having 2 slices per day which for me would cause problems with water retention and bloating

The only thing I can think of is are you adding up the calories in your wine and take away at the weekend? You might be going way over your syn allowance there even if your saving them during the week? Other than that your food diary looks fine. X

It sounds like youre doing everything OK - are you actually *measuring* your HEXes, like cheese etc? And how many syns does your wine & takeaway add up to at the w/e? If you havent a great deal to lose you might have to give it up, at least some weeks. Are you eating plenty of superfree? Even though you're on Green it is important to fill up on superfree.

Like I say it sounds OK from what youve written but maybe you should try posting a regular diary on here and maybe take pics of your food too, so we can see what kind of portion size your carbs/protein vs veggies are? Are you getting any exercise?

If youre really sticking to it and nothing is moving then you should probably go and be checked out by your GP as at the end of the day if your intake is less than what your output "should" be theres something wrong.

Thanks guys - yes I syn my wine and takeaway. I ALWAYS have 2 x He - without fail. I am pretty convinced I am eating enough. If I am hungry I eat something.

I don't drink enough water - my job involves me driving a lots so I am always worried about funding a loo!

Wheat intolerance is an interesting idea but could it really stop me losing weight this much? The bread I have is two small slices so I wouldn't have thought that excessive. But I am desperate to give anything a try. I wonder if I am eating too much carb and my body can't deal with it. If I ate meat I'd do red but perhaps I ought to up my protein and decrease carbs?!

Thanks guys - yes I syn my wine and takeaway. I ALWAYS have 2 x He - without fail. I am pretty convinced I am eating enough. If I am hungry I eat something.

I don't drink enough water - my job involves me driving a lots so I am always worried about funding a loo!

Wheat intolerance is an interesting idea but could it really stop me losing weight this much? The bread I have is two small slices so I wouldn't have thought that excessive. But I am desperate to give anything a try. I wonder if I am eating too much carb and my body can't deal with it. If I ate meat I'd do red but perhaps I ought to up my protein and decrease carbs?!

I know what you mean about being worried about finding a loo! It can be tough in the short temr but in the long term your body gets used to it - promise!

On the bread thing. I have learnt I just can't eat bread and loose weight. I am okay on cereal, ryvita & hifi bars, so I use my hebs on these, not bread. Maybe you're similar?

Maybe you could swap you banana for some superspeed berries like Strawberries, or raspberries? I love bananas, and they are superfree, but they are a bit 'carby' so if you think you might be eating too many carbs, it would be a good swap to make. You can always have the banana later on if yopu're hungry.

Finally, you say you snack on lots of fruit- how much do you eat?

Well to give you an idea at the weekend i had a bbq and decideed to use my HEX on a wholemeal roll for burger and then synned for another so had 2, come monday i had gained 5lb, and have been fighting to get rid of all the water retention and bloating all week and its only today that i seem to be fully rid of it and thats with me drinking 2-3 ltrs of water per day.

If you arent drinking the water you may be even more clogged up than me, obviously it may not be the case but i would bet you are carrying a good few pounds of water around with you

It is perfectly possible to do veggie red days, I am veggie and I have a friend who is vegan who comes to stay and we often do a few during the week when she is here. What with some Quorn and defatted TVP being free, it is totally doable. Might be worth throwing a few red days into the equation to see if that tips the balance. But definitely do a food diary for a few weeks on here so we can see if theres anything you could tinker with that might tip the balance in your favour :)

just a question - you said you have 2 HE choices, but you get 4 on green days - if you meant 2 of each then ignore me! :D

I woudl only suggest trying some superspeed fruits, such as grapefruit, berries and having these as snacks. Drinking water is of course going to help as well, but i appreciate you have already said that finding a loo can be an issue!!! (i know what you mean as i am pregnant atm!)

wishing you lots of luck x

Thanks very much. You have all been a great help

My action plan is:

Swap bananas for grapefruit and other super free fruit. Perhaps throw in raw veggies instead of fruit. ( I eat about 5 pieces of fruit a day)
Drink more water
Swap breakfast sandwich for omelette
Drink more water

And I'll have a look at red days.

Yes re HE - usually my bread, alpen and two lots of cheese or milk a day

I'll get my books out again.

I'll let you know how I get on!

Back