lost 5 lbs in the first two weeks, so why am I not happy?

Slimstar

Don't get me wrong - 5lbs in two weeks is great - I'm very happy with the actual numbers!

The reason I'm not happy with myself is that I know I didn't follow the plan properly. I started back two weeks ago, full of determination (but also a degree of apprehension, having failed before). Had a goodish first week (one wine related falling off the wagon, but mostly I stuck to it) and lost 4lbs. This week though, I have really lost the plot and, while I have mostly been good at meal times, I have on more than one occasion slipped back into bad habits (snacking, not keeping track of syns or writing stuff down, telling myself I start again tomorrow to justify that takeaway/extra bit of toast and butter/another glass of wine etc etc). Lord knows how I managed to shave off another lb - but very grateful that I did. I can't expect to be this lucky again though so need to get a grip on this thing if I want losses to continue.

Does anyone else feel like this - happy with the result in terms of losses, but frustrated with yourself because you know that actually you could have stuck to it a whole lot better? Just feel like the good loss is disguising the fact that I haven't really managed to shake bad habits and that I actually let myself down a bit. I want to make healthy changes and just don't feel I have done that this week, whatever the scales say.

Someone give me a good kick up the bum, please!!

Sorry - this probably comes across really moany - it is not meant to be, just struggling a bit because I have been here before and don't want this time to follow the pattern of previous recent weight-loss attempts.

Six words to help you keep on track: Food Diary Food Diary Food Diary!!!

I find it so much easier to keep to the plan when I'm writing down what I eat every day. In the first four weeks of the plan you're supposed to do it anyway. The mobile website is very good (not the app) so you might find that helpful. Pop all your favourite foods on the favourites page so it's all very quick and easy.

Other things that might help:

1) Tell yourself you've already started - there's no going back and you can't "start again" tomorrow, because you can't!
2) Stuff your face with free and superfree food and you'll be too full for night-time munchies or takeaway leftovers.
3) Who's ordering takeaway anyway?! If family or friends are tempting you, ask them not to, and to help you instead.
4) Another glass of wine - can't help you there I'm afraid, I love the stuff :D

Finally, and most importantly, don't stress about it and don't panic - this is a long-term thing to get you to where you want to get. Ups and downs will happen, don't let them bother you.

Anyway, 5lb is 2.2kg, which means you've lost the weight of something so heavy that Royal Mail would refuse to send it second class! That's not bad going in two weeks!

Well done Slimstar! 5lbs in 2 weeks is awesome!

so you know you slipped and you could have stick to plan more, at least you recognise that! Don't fret about it, you still got good results, you might not have been so lucky if it hadn't been so early on in your plan but take the win, don't feel guilty just forget about it.

You know what you need to do, go out and do it- kick the butt off those scales! You can do it!

Thanks guys, you are right, of course!

Going to commit to sticking to it, keeping my food diary and generally being angelic this week. Not looking any further ahead than that at the moment - just 100% this one week and see where that gets me. :) I'll make promises about the week after when I get there!

Back