• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Lost 6.4lbs (2.9kg) - 1st week done

Dreamer

Gold Member
6.4lbs (2.9kg)....I'm happy with that. I don't think it's too much water loss either, as I had already cut down what I was eating, the few days before I started the diet, and I'd started at the gym a couple of weeks ago and already lost a fair bit of weight. I'm going back to the gym today for the first time (in a week...as I wanted to settle into my VLCD before continuing my normal exercise regime - although will take it a bit easier). Hope next week I hit 2kg - about 4 1/2 pounds.

V

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Congratulations on your great week 1 weight loss, well done :talk017:

hotty25

well done on the weight loss hun.. my cdc told me to take it easy with gym untill month two as muscle weighs more than fat... xxx

Prettyfacebut?

...body-has-caught-up!!!!
Well Done Dreamer!!!

You are doing well and sound very focussed:clap:

I love the gym :character00116:...find it hard to not overdo it (get in the zone and get carried away;)). I have a couple of times and it seems to have knocked me out of ketosis temporarily?

Stay in the fat-burning zone!!
X

Dreamer

Gold Member
Thanks for all the kind and supportive messages everyone. Don't worry I won't overdo it. The guidance is not to start a vigorous exercise regime in the first couple of weeks...but I've been exercising 3 times week for the whole month prior to starting SS....and I'll only do half of what I normally do (cos as you said, don't wanna knock myself out of ketosis). I grew up on 14hr competitive sport a week, and am going stir-crazy with activity! lol

V

Do you know why exercise would knock you out of ketosis? Thanks...

RuthG

Gold Member
Well done, you should feel so proud of yourself!

Prettyfacebut?

...body-has-caught-up!!!!
Hi Hedgehog,

I don't know the science stuff, but I have strayed outside of my fat-burning zone and (going by the machines) I have used up 600+ calories....started feeling hungry...well...ravenous....checked the stick and I was out!!
Luckily a few hours later I am back and in the pink....I figured (guessing here!) that on 4 packs a day and only 500ish calories, my body couldn't take it and may have gone into starvation?
I love the gym and when I have the ketosis 'buzz' I have to use up the energy....I'm having trouble sleeping.....still going to the gym 3-4 times a week but keeping my heart rate lower.
X

Thank you guys. You're all so great with the support/back up...kinda makes me wanna strive to do well, you know? (I'm one of those people who thrives on positive reinforcement, but then I guess lots of us are)

About why exercise knocks people out of ketosis: I actually don't know. Normally you'll use the glucose/glycogen, when in ketosis you'd use up lipids/fats instead and there's no surplus glucose/glycogen. Could it be when you exercise too much, you start breaking down proteins? I should actually know this, but I don't.

Anyhow, thanks again guys

V x

P.S. actually RuthG, now that you mention it, I guess I am proud of myself. Never really thought of it like that before. Thanks.

Last edited:

hollycat

To infinity and beyond!
Well done on making it through week 1 and congratulations on the weight loss :)