Lost my mojo :(

bugsbunny2000

Proud to be a LOSER :)
Hi fellow SW'ers!

Well... I've been on SW properly for nearly 5 weeks, and I've already hit a wall.

I was doing great. Enjoying different recipes, exercising with the wii every night and seeing the results on the scales every week. But I had 3 big birthdays last week so thought instead of stressing myself, I would just enjoy myself and eat/drink what I wanted - despite my horrendous weeks diet I only gained 1lb which I took as a positive (considering what I had put into my body). Unfortunately, this then carried over to this current week too and I've lost the oomf, the spirit, the effort to diet and exercise. In my mind I still want to... but I just don't know. Just the thought of food is making me feel nauseous, and exercise seems impossible.

Does anyone have any advice or similar experiences? A friend suggested I draw up an exercise plan around my University timetable to stick to it. And I was also thinking of ''treating'' myself to something under £3 each week if I lost the 2lb I want to lose weekly... such as some jewellery or a dvd? Is, what is essentially bribing myself to lose weight, a good idea?

Any advice or comments are welcome. My head is saying ''stop being a baby and put the fork down fatty!" but a part of me is saying "you gave it a go and now you're bored, just give up"

King regards from a desperate slimmer! :sigh:
Danni
xxxx

You are joking! You can't give up now, we will all miss you and we need you to support us when we hit a wall. You have an experience now to share with us and when you knock that wall down you'll be able to advise us how to cope. Sort out a short goal- plan the rest of this week. Get to the weekend then look at next week. It's no good planning too far right now. So, sort out these 2 days in your head and stick to plan. And don't forget we'll be here watching you remove every brick from that wall x x

Ah girl, you are not Alone believe me, I'm also in self destruction mode.. Can't get past 3st loss and I keep being bad Grr but I think the key to getting back on track is to plan plan plan!!..

Exercise, food everything! And then from there say I'm just going to do 1 day 100%..and walk for 20mins.. then another day complete 100% and then another and so on!

We can do this, you've had 5 weeks of hard work so get back on track tomorrow and aim to do a whole week 100%.. you'll feel so motivated & ready to keep going!

Keep your chin up, and believe you can do this :)

Hi Danni,

I remember having a difficult week early on, before I got into good habits. Try to look at what you've achieved so far (which is really great !). If you're struggling, first of all plan the week. Where are the difficult times ? What can you do to avoid them/manage them well. I also find that it's helpful to just try to do one good day at a time. I know you want to get back on plan but just do one day on plan to start with. Try to plan as many of your favourite SW foods so that you feel satisfied (mentally and physically). Maybe also try looking at some of the success stories here to remind you why you're doing this.

Big hugs. Hope you feel better soon.

Gail x

Danni, like others have already said, you have done great! Your goal is in sight you can't give up now. We all have those weeks so leave it behind you and move forward one day at a time.

Think of how you are feeling at this very moment (upset, disappointed in yourself, perhaps angry, bloated etc) and then try to imagine how you will feel when you reach your goal (over joyed, proud of yourself, slim, powerful) ....Which would you rather feel?

Like others have said, don't give up now after you have done so well.

I lost 3 stone the other year and gave up and put it all (and more) back on. I could kick myself now when I think that if I had stuck to it a) how thin I could now be and b) that I wouldn't be starting again now from scratch.

Just try and get through this week and you will soon be back on track.

Hey Danni,

Do you know what I find keeps me motivated, well firstly all the great compliments your getting and secondly getting to target and being able to save £5 a week which is £260 and thinking about that lovely trip to tiffanys to treat myself....or what a nice outfit I could buy with that money x

Hey everyone,

Firstly I owe you all a MASSIVE thank you :) You have all raised my spirits with your lovely words of advice and your own stories - it's nice to know I'm not alone but that there can be a good end!!

Today my housemate (who apparently is so impressed with my previous weight loss) has decided to do SW with me, and she is also a good exercise buddy - if that isn't great motivation (along with this amazing group) then I don't know what is?!! :D

I am also going to join a Zumba class! I hear you sweat buckets and it's a great fun energetic way to get fit!

I also bought myself a bikini today. While I would never EVER wear it now... I know that if I exercise alot and eat well then eventually I will look decent in it!! Just got to think of the end result as you guys have so rightly said!

Will plan my dinners and exercise and everything in advance tomorrow to make sure I do not fall off the waggon!

Again, thank you so much everybody I really appreciate all your comments and advice!

Danni
xxxx

:clap::clap::clap: welcome back :D:D

You sound more positive and motivated.......if it wasn't this 'diet' what would you be doing.........onwards and downwards lady ;)

Hehe thanks guys! 61 minutes of wii fit today and found a website that plans routines for you. Now to chill out with a film before making homemade burgers and spicy wedges for dinner!

xxx

Don't give up, it's so easy to think u should just pack it in, treat urself to sw magazine and cuppa tea, get urself planning meals and u will soon lose the weight

Thanks guys! Tried my bikini on this morning, its lush - i MUST get fit and toned so I look good in it hehe!
xxx

bugsbunny2000 said:
Thanks guys! Tried my bikini on this morning, its lush - i MUST get fit and toned so I look good in it hehe!
xxx

Team bikini fit at the ready!!

Well done for getting back on board - they say the five week mark is the testing time!

But I just wanted to add one things to what has already been said. This is where it all went wrong ...

But I had 3 big birthdays last week so thought instead of stressing myself, I would just enjoy myself and eat/drink what I wanted ... this then carried over to this current week too and I've lost the oomf, the spirit, the effort to diet and exercise.

So learn something from this mistake and plan now for what you will do the next time a big event comes up. Then something postive will have come from that hard time.

Good luck!

Team bikini fit at the ready!!

Haha you bet!! Just wish british weather wasn't so glum! Ah well, I don't mind if it stays cold while I'm losing weight lol as long as it's nice once it's lost hehe!! xx

Back