Lost Voice?

Stevo

Hello all hoping someone can help me.
Since starting TFR on the 1st July my voice has gone very crokey if you know what i mean. Not sure if its from drinking all the water, my tounge is also very dirty. I ask the chemist and she said i could have a cold but i feel very well and my tounge been dirty is usuall down to constapation. I can agree with what she says about the dirty tounge as the only time i poo is when i take Ducolax. Starting refeed tomorrow as im off on holidays soon. Any ideas please?

Do you brush/scrape your tongue regularly? I think it's important to do that anyway, but especially on LT where lots of us do find a problem with bad breath. Also, do you regularly use mouthwash?

Would be worth trying these.

Yes i have a tounge scraper which works for awhile.
But the voice thing is the problem, all my friends think there is something wrong with me with the weight loss and all.

My tongue is like that and i have to take ducolax all the time too... but my voice and throat are fine... i did hear of someone before getting sore throats all the time whilst on LT- could be all the cold water..

maybe try having hot water sometimes. Of course, if in doubt go to GP, if pharmacist and LT not coming up with any ideas.

I wonder if you could have thrush?! it's a possibility i suppose if your tongue is very bad. I have NO medical expertise, just wondering out loud.

Sorry Steve
Cant help regarding the voice thing at all....have you maybe tried googling to see if anything comes up? Maybe someone else has had the same problem.

The tongue is anothe issue and I think we all suffer a little from it, but as you are brushing, etc...could be what Elle suggested????? Again, no expert, but would be a good idea to go to the doc.

A few weeks into the diet I got really swollen gums...it was just so out of character for me as I look after my teeth, so I went to the dentist and he said I had gingivitus....he reckons it was because i had stopped flossing as I didnt think I needed to as I wasnt eating! Sometimes just changing our eating habits does through out some odd things.....I would just go and get it checked,,if it is nothing, that is great, but best be sure.

Maybe someone else can shed some light though.

Back