Lost weight, no fat!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by lamaris, 5 September 2008 Social URL.

1. lamaris

lamaris Member

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    I had my first weigh-in today, after 4 days of ss (I started on monday!). I lost 6 lbs but my fat percentage was up with 1%. I lost zero fat weight.

Is this normal for the first week?

Last edited: 5 September 2008
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Charisma

Charisma Silver Member

i dont really understand? i didnt know that was possible what the difference between weight and fat percentage??

people have said to me before do you wanna lose weight or fat?? i thought it was all the same thing :confused: how do you lose one and not the other

4. SCrittenden

SCrittenden Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.6%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Soul Source
    you loose all your water and fat stores in the first week, that is why.. it is mainly water loss.

5. lamaris

lamaris Member

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    There is a big diff.
    The fact that I didn't lose fat, means that I only lost either fluid or lean tissue (=muscles).
    But since i'm in week 1 I think I only lost water!

6. lamaris

lamaris Member

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    My counsellor has a special scale, which also measures the fat-percentage of the body. It works by sending an electrical current through your body (you don't feel this).
    Don't you all get a chart with all kinds of detailed stats at your weigh-in session?

7. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    The trouble with these fat monitors, is that they are often no terribly accurate.

They give an idea of fat, but not within 100%.

During the first week, you probably will lose some fat, though the majority of the loss will be water/glycogen (or just water for those doing more traditional diets such as WW and SW.

When we diet, after the first couple of weeks all dieters lose fat and lean mass (yes...muscle :()

How much lean mass depends on a few factors, including how much fat you have to lose. The skinnier you get, the more chance that you lose more lean.

With diets such as Cambridge, the loss of lean mass is minimized owing to the higher protein levels and because we go into ketosis :clap:

Ketosis is fat burning once the glycogen stores have been used :)

8. wannabeskinny

wannabeskinny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    cd
    i agreed probably water loss

9. greenygirl

greenygirl Full Member

Diet:
    Herbalife
    Hi there, I was also concerned about fat % loss rather than lean muscle (since muscles burn calories and fat just sits there looking fat) I have scales at home and they have today (day 6 for me) shown a reduction in my fat % so I am sure when you weigh next week you will see that reduction you want. Do you do weight training or yoga as that can help to protect your muscle mass.

Well done on your WL so far

10. lamaris

lamaris Member

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Ah, that sounds hopeful, greenygirl!
    Today is my 6th day as well. Again, I lost a pound, but my fat% hasn't changed.
    I think I will start working out, then. I absolutely don't want to lose muscle tissue!

11. cissie

cissie Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I agree it probably is water loss as this happens on any diet like ww for example but if you keep going the fat percentage will come down also. Keep with it you have done well so far. xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.