lots of advice needed!

Hi everyone, i've come over here after some rude comments towards me were made on myfitnesspal, there's just no need for attitudes, I only want advice. I'm hoping to get some help here.

I've been on the cambridge diet for a while now and it's not really working for me anymore, I miss my exercise and i'm not losing the way I want to, I thought if I calorie count instead i'll be able to up my exercise and hopefully get back to losing 2lb a week, I understand losing 2lb is not as good as 1lb but I have an important even coming up in august and to reach my goal by then has got to be done.

I have calculated my calorie intake based on my weight and height and this is what I got:

you need
2009 Calories/day to maintain your weight
you need 1509 Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week
you need 1009 Calories/day to lose 2 lb per week

Does this seem about right to everyone?
Keep in mind I am only 5ft 3 inches, so my current weight of 125lb looks a bit more on me as opposed to a taller person. Now, im confused about when to exercise and when to eat. Lets say I go to the gym in the morning before I eat, I burn 500 calories there, and then I eat 1200, does this mean i'll have undone my hard work at the gym? And also is this how I create a 1000 cal a day deficit, or, do I have to eat first, and then work off 1000 calories? I'm new to all of this and im trying to get a better lifestyle, not attract negative comments :)

As far as I know its recommended at least 1200 calories for women but there are some days when I eat around 1000 and I'm full. I lose the minimum of 2lbs so far. Good luck x

Hi there

That does sound about right. I have 1550 as thats the amount I'm comfortable with, but according to my TDEE -20% I should be on 1800 - 1900 calories a day! I'm doing Turbo Fire which is quite heavy exercise and like you, I'm short. I'd say go with the 1500 as if that doesn't work you can always work your way down. If this is your TDEE -20% calculation you don't eat anymore than that even with exercise which is why its important to calculate your exercise level correctly. Another way you can do it is using MFP, having at least 1200 and then eating your exercise calories on top. Its important to eat the exercise calories back so you're netting 1200 otherwise your body will hold onto everything.

Back